• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11448 Players Online
  • 8558 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why I rarely play mineplex/what mineplex should do

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Helpingcreeper, Aug 1, 2020 at 6:30 PM.

?

Am I wrong

Poll closed Tuesday at 6:30 PM.
  1. Most of it was correct

28.6%
  2. most of it is wrong

71.4%
  1. A couple reasons why I rarely play mineplex now are because there's no incentive to play them, they have to many game modes and can't update them quick enough, queues are to long. I know the player base is down a lot from the golden age of Minecraft but now Minecraft has risen again. If mineplex can get rid of dead game modes and actually put good updates and more time into fixing and updating the games that are still on I think it would be better. Cake wars is god awful no offence mineplex staff/players. I say this because it's basically who ever capture mid wins because they can get upgrades and you can't do anything about that. It goes the same way to when you try and get emerald spawners. if 2 separate teams capture emerald spawners they most likely get good stuff with them and then attack you.

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 6:30 PM
    Infui and DrumPlayer08 like this.
  2. I agree that there is sometimes no incentive to play games, but I think that has to do with Mineplex's flawed economy, not the games themselves. Queues are not that long, unless your trying to play CTF, then I have never needed to wait more than 5 minutes for a game, and no, that is not very long. What "dead games" should be removed? I would like a more detailed explanation on the games you think should be removed and why.

Yes, CW is based off who can capture and hold the most beacons. Weather you like that or not is your opinion, but that is simply how the game works. Even if the other teams get beacons, you can always take beacons from them. Getting mid first doesn't matter if you can't keep control of it. The capture points are what makes CW unique. If it used traditional item collection systems, then it would just be copying all the other variants that came before it.

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 8:28 PM
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  3. Hi,

So, I'll break this down.

With the introduction of Bedrock, the staff team became split. Now that there are very few developers actually working on Java, it is inevitable that updates will be slow. That's not to say I disagree; I do believe that more updates would be very good for the server, but you can't go off at Mineplex for not having enough devs, because that's not in their immediate capabilities to solve. Due to this, updates are of course slow. Hopefully, in the future Mineplex is able to come out with many revamps of games to refresh everything a Lil' bit : )

There aren't really any "dead" games when speaking relative to the server player base. The most unplayed are usually specific arcade games, but they are encompassed in MIN (Mixed Arcade), which a lot of people play. Many other game modes are pretty iconic, however, I wouldn't be against adding some iconic and enjoyable game modes such as CS and TDM, and then removing some less... Played ones.

This is a little eh. Whilst it's true CakeWars is heavily based around certain aspects of the game, I would say that parties are normally the factors that decide wins or not. CakeWars is heavily party-based; it's unwise to suggest otherwise. Whilst, yes, capturing beacons is a huge advantage when playing the game, it's also one of the main parts of the game. Just like you would collect resources from a middle island in any other BedWars/CakeWars type game, it's just how the game works. If you do end up facing a team who rushes mid, I'd suggest working with your own team to rush their cake. That way they are very cautious and you are able to clean them pretty quickly.

NB: Builder kit makes rushing external islands a breeze if you just do it first, they should have a hard time recapping the beacons.

All in all, yes, updates would be nice, but the problems you state are heavily influenced by things out of the staff team's immediate capability, and like most things, they will take time to be resolved.

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 9:01 PM
    Fusafez and hkq like this.
  4. The trouble with cake wars is that almost every game (every game I dare say) has a party of extremely well (or quite decent) pvpers that usually hold up well against everyone else.

Posted Aug 3, 2020 at 12:24 PM
  5. Heyo! Everyone has their opinions, and sharing them can always be helpful.

So many gamemodes for the right reason! Players have a variety of choices to play so they can enjoy their time on the server better. Lot's of the players also are known to "maining" a certain game to have really high stats in particular. Not every game is suited for everyone, that's another reason why there is a good bit of choices. There has been game removals from the past, and who knows, they could come back to make the server improve in player base as well. I strongly believe removing games will do nothing to improve the server. If anything, perhaps make things worse. There are communities that are in each game and enjoy playing it together.
    The queues are long yes nothing wrong about that, but sometimes it can be short. If they added the lobby system of queueing again it could be better and more accurate to show how many players are waiting for the game to start. Yes, it does tell you above your hotbar, but simply rather I have the other version back.
    Updates do happen! The server just had a skywars update that the community has been waiting for around ages it seems. Not every game gets update on the regular, but voices get heard from the players that have potential in deserving an update!
    Cakewars is competitive, and not everyone's style of choice. You may hate the game, while others love it. Strongly believe cake wars had a great impact on the server, and if you are thinking of a removal for it, there would need more justification and reasoning on why. The game can be unpredictable as it can go either way. There is many choices on the server that you can play and enjoy. There will always be disagreements with games, but it's okay to share your thoughts and give constructive criticism about it <3 Thank you for the suggestions! Hope the players before me and I helped in feedback!

Posted Aug 3, 2020 at 12:37 PM
  6. Hi there! Thank you for sharing your opinions about Mineplex - I have to say I disagree with some of the things said in this thread, however. Firstly, I think the variety of gamemodes is a very positive thing. I understand you may be frustrated that not every gamemode is updated frequently, but I still don't think that means that Mineplex has too many gamemodes.

I also disagree with what you said about Cake Wars - capturing mid is part of the strategy of the game, and I think it adds a nice aspect to the game. I don't really see how that makes a bit bad game. However, part of the fun of Mineplex, as I mentioned earlier, is how many different gamemodes there are. If you don't enjoy Cake Wars, you could play something else that you enjoy more.

Overall, I understand your concerns, and thank you for sharing them, but I don't really agree with most of them.

Posted Aug 3, 2020 at 1:00 PM