• 2159 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10597 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why Dogs are Better Than Cats

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by OakStairs, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Due to recent speculation regarding certain topics, I found it'd be funny to make this post in response to someone falsely accusing dogs of being... Inadequate. As a proud Shepherd owner, I take offense to belittling my babies. So, without further ado, here's a list of reasons why dogs are better.

1 ) You can't take a cat hunting with you
    I mean, I guess you could - but you shouldn't expect them to be waiting there for you after the first gunshot goes off. Even so much as the backfire of a motorcycle passing by some 1/4 mile off would have them running the opposite way. It's even in the name : Scaredy Cat

2 ) They make better memes
    That's conjecture, but I'm gonna try and twist it into fact because there's no doge equivalent for cat memes. Sure, there's grumpy cat but he dead. There's also the classics : "Hello yes this is dog," "I have no idea what I'm doing", and then whatever this is : https://imgur.com/a/b9QjfJt

3 ) They're better companions
    Dogs do a better job sensing out how you're feeling. They can even detect certain diseases in your body with so much as a sniff, no training needed. No, seriously : Google it. There's a lot of stories on how dogs were able to notice their owner's cancers before the doctors do.

4 ) They make better cops
    I said this in the last post : There's a reason why police agencies don't have feline units. See above imgur link for evidence.

5 ) They make better home protection animals
    Obviously you're not gonna wanna pick a pet based on solely if they can guard your home or not. Mine in particular can run the fence of the property line all day, watching for burglars, but at the end of the day their bark is gonna be the first deterrent for burglars. If I was a sober, sane criminal wanting to break into someone's house and heard BORK BORK BORK, I'd probably turn around and find a different house.

6 ) They're cuter
    https://imgur.com/a/FEZhtw2 . 'Nuff said.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  2. That debatable, although cute dog image
    [​IMG]

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Poal, Danese and OakStairs like this.
  3. In regards to the thread you're responding to, I'd just like to point out how more than half the votes on the poll agreed that dogs were better, including me.

I think the main reason I prefer dogs is because they're so unconditionally loving. With most dogs, you can grab them and cuddle with them, play, or just hang out. With most cats, you have to wait for them to want to cuddle or play. Cats also just seem selfish to me, for the above reason, how they ruin your things with no visible remorse, and how they don't seem to care about your emotions.

I don't see myself ever owning a cat, because dogs just have so much more going for them in my opinion. Dogs are a much better companion for my personality type, and I love them all.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Poal and Yato like this.
  4. My cat does backflips...

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  5. I don't really enjoy these threads because both cats and dogs are cute and have their cons and pros.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Poal and Dulciloquy like this.
  6. Dogs are better than cats for so many obvious reasons:
    1: Dogs are a mans best friend, they stay loyal to you for their whole life.
    2: They love giving you kisses and hanging out with you.
    3: You can easily teach them to obey your commands like 'sit'.
    4: Dogs are cuter!
    5: To be honest I mean I guess you can't really take a cat hunting with you because it'll probably just run off or something.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
    Poal and Yato like this.