• 432 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5401 Players Online
  • 4969 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

why does java get to have all the fun?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Chaos, Sep 18, 2020.

1. why cant bedrock get new games nd stuff. java gets all the fun :(

Posted Sep 18, 2020
    Believerc and Spookyceps like this.
  2. Look at things from a business perspective. The addition of Immortal has allowed a lot more revenue to come in, and 4/5 of the development team is Java focused. With there being just one Bedrock developer, it’s hard to work on new ideas when there’s such a small team size. That means one developer has to work on everything, and there are bugs and additions to gamemodes that are priorities as compared to adding a completely new game alone.

Posted Sep 18, 2020
  3. than they should recruit more bedrock developers.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 18, 2020
  4. Hello there!

Bedrock and Java have their own developers and no one can really influence the Owner’s choices on who to hire. There is currently a bedrock dev who’s doing a lot of amazing work and fixing and adding things that have been on the production board for months if not even over a year. Please know they are working as much as they can and have time to. Hopefully some more changes will come to bedrock soon and as of right now, the only two ways to check the changes is by joining the Mineplex discord ( invite link is: discord.gg/mineplex ) and looking at the channel #bedrock-changelog or to keep checking the website home page. :)

Have a great day!

Posted Sep 18, 2020
    NuclearTM likes this.
  5. lol bedrock gets way more attention than java, you guys have a dev that does stuff and drops updates like every week

Posted Sep 18, 2020
    Believerc, eToast_ and 73GG like this.
  6. Hey!

So I think the reason we see Java Edition having more players and more gamemodes and overall a more enjoyable experience is because Java Edition is what most Minecraft players play. The thing is, Java Edition was the first official Minecraft version to ever be released. It's also the one that Mojang pays attention to the most because it's, like I said, the most played Minecraft version. It's because of this, that naturally, Mineplex on Java Edition will have more players. With more players, more attention is required to keep a stable and suitable server.

This isn't to say that Bedrock doesn't get love. I've heard that Bedrock has a very active developer on your guy's side. However, since Java is the more well known and more popular version of Minecraft, players naturally gravitate towards Mineplex on Java Edition more. This is why it seems that Java Edition Mineplex gets the most attention. :)

Posted Sep 18, 2020
    OptimusRatchet likes this.
  7. Go! Gyro! Go!
    P.S. Gyro is the Bedrock developer.

Posted Sep 18, 2020
  8. all bedrock games got boring after a while, some java games would be fun on bedrock but i heard its harder to code on bedrock and it will only get better and probably become the best version due to the way bedrock is coded

Posted Sep 18, 2020
  9. Hi there!

I too would like some more games for Bedrock and I'm confident we'll get some in the future. Since @gyroninja rejoined the team he's been doing a lot of work on fixing various bugs on the server. I think this is definitely the right approach: fix bugs and make everything on the server work perfectly and then we can hopefully get new games which are going to work well. I'd much rather wait longer for games to work perfectly than be left waiting for a while.

I disagree with this. If you look at the player count Bedrock quite often has 4 times as many players. I think it's more that Bedrock currently has bugs that need fixing. Also, it's important to remember that Bedrock for the most part has a younger player base than Java which limits some features that can be added.

Having said that, I'm very confident when bugs get fixed in the future we will be seeing some more games in the future whether they be Bedrock exclusive or come over from Java.

-MC Minium

Posted Sep 18, 2020
    syrenical and ScarletBlood37 like this.
  10. I am assuming that the administrator team when looking for new Developers like you say " they should recruit more bedrock developers" Mineplex had made a name for themself most developers don't like. I won't get in detail as this is just a reply. When they look for developers there more than just saying who can code. You need a resume an to be 99% older than 18 because they want you to sign an NDA, ' none-disclose-agreement ' you need to be 18 or parent permission witch in most cases the parents don't want their kid to sign something they have no idea about. Also, Minecraft coders are hard to find and most do it as a job so they need to be getting paid so they can pay for them selfs. And if a Minecraft server is not making a developer's annual salary how can the get paid. Here a good quote I heard once. " Your time is worth more than exposure " meaning most people want it to be a job and not something where its a cool tag next to your name. I hope this at all helped you?

PS: As being a coder myself it's not an easy task to do. There a lot that is behind the scenes that can be worked on and the littlest things take the most.

Posted Sep 18, 2020
  11. This is simply false, the Mineplex Bedrock edition server is significantly more popular than the Java edition server (with the Bedrock server sometimes having 4 times as many players as the Java server), and the Bedrock edition as a whole is just as popular if not more popular than the Java edition due to it being cross platform.

The reason Bedrock doesn't get as many content updates is because it only has 1 developer where as the Java server has 3 developers. While the Bedrock developer gyroninja is very hard working there's only so much 1 developer can do. Most of Mineplex's competitors on Bedrock have 4 or 5 developers which is why they are able to release a lot more content. Realistically Mineplex will not get and significant content updates until more developers are hired, but the bug fix updates we have been getting are still good for improving the overall health and stability of the server. For now we will have to be patient until more developers are hired.

Posted Sep 18, 2020
    Vocaloiid and xGetSpooked like this.
  12. Hiya!

While Java has got more games in its arsenal, I do believe bedrock is still an extremely enjoyable part of the network. The lack of new games being pushed isn't really a decision made by the developers but rather the fact only one person is currently focused on Bedrock Development and they're doing a good job at it to. A lot of updates have been pushed to patch major bugs or change flaws in the game along with QoL updates. It's seen far more updates than Java has recently mainly because it needs fixing before they add on to it.

In regards to "fun" games being pushed, the way Bedrock works is vastly different to how Java does. Mineplex Java is clearly made to focus on how the games run on a PC which is of course can run a lot more things faster than your phone and that can be a major difference as Bedrock is optimised for mobile phones for how far compatibility stretches. There won't be as many complex and fast paced games introduced if they can't run on a small handheld device however I understand why you may be upset at this. For now, it's best to wait to see what direction Gyroninja and future Bedrock developers take the server and see how they wish to make Bedrock games run.

Posted Sep 18, 2020
  13. Hey there,

As others have likely pointed this out but the java edition of Minecraft has been and always will be the origin of Mineplex and has had the base infrastructure for its games and systems since 2013 up to now.

However, with bedrock, it also has limitations which is why you don't just see an exact duplicate of mineplex java on bedrock, with it being two different platforms and being developed in different languages it's a lot harder for minigames such as Capture The Flag, Domination [Champions], Castle Siege and a lot more others.

Please also remember the lack of developers mineplex has at their funding, The previous mineplex bedrock developer ( @OneThousand ) resigned recently and had no developer for bedrock for two weeks (which explains the XP Boost extended) until they found @gyroninja to take on development for bedrock.

As to answer the original OP's statement as listed here:
    The Java edition has had its infrastructure and constant development for over 7 years (by developers such as G, 582, Phineas, WilliamTiger, @AlexTheCoder @Sobki SparkWings, and a lot more other developers whereas bedrock has only been around for less than 3 years and hasn't had the constant development as Java has.

As I see where you are coming from it's, unfortunately, something which the community or staff team can't really have a weigh in on due to it being more related to the hiring and contracts of each developer mineplex would have to plan and pay for.

Since it relates to the development team hiring I'd say this is a topic that really only @AlexTheCoder or the owners can weigh in on which I don't see happening.

Kind regards
    - Sake

Posted Sep 18, 2020
  14. whatever your signature says

Posted Sep 18, 2020
    Anna-Marie likes this.
  15. Bedrock recently got a new developer, so you can probably expect more updates to come in the future. He’s been pushing out a lot of updates recently, so maybe there’ll be a new game or two in the future. I definitely would like to see that happen, Bedrock could definitely use something fresh.

Java in general is much more played/focused on, but that doesn’t mean Bedrock will get nothing. There are most likely great things in store for Bedrock with the addition of the new developer.

Posted Sep 18, 2020
  16. I am already very grateful to have a very amazing developer which is gyrosan. Although these may not be what you want which are new games, however a lot if things on bedrock have been getting fixes and refinements. For example, the knockback change. The Skywars update, and much more. It is important to maintain quality and have the least amount of bugs in each gamemode. At the moment, getting new games isn’t a priority in my opinion. I’m not saying it is a bad idea, however, I feel like timing is a key thing when it comes in releasing a new game.

Posted Sep 19, 2020
  17. Yea for like the last month lol before that we got an update once every 2 years and the ones in between did nothing Gyro is actually doing something

Posted Sep 19, 2020
  18. Lol Java has been dying since 2015, Better Together saved Minecraft from becoming history, along with the 10th Birthday thing last year, Bedrock is just much more popular now, since it’s like 6 different platforms.

Posted Sep 19, 2020
    Believerc likes this.
  19. How has mineplex been dying since 2015? Yes, it might have lost its once large player base but that still doesn't mean it's (by your words here) "dying" compared to bedrock.
    The term "dying" means that it has no more support of life however the java edition has much more then that with a constant 1k+ players per day.

Yes it might have more platform support and more of a constant player base compared to pc but only compared by 9-13k per day, which isn't really that much in my opinion when you're comparing it to java. Yes, it's more people but you also have to remember Java edition isn't supported on platforms such as Xbox & Other console platforms however it's where the majority of the community is for the forums and the staff team. The bedrock community is more-or-less a server built for having mineplex out there as a brand and a network.

I do agree with you that it has more players but sometimes more players means that a community becomes more divided in a way if that makes sense. So the more players mean the fewer people talk to each other and then the more that community becomes divided compared to the java edition, from what I've seen, has come a lot closer together since 2015 and when I go on bedrock I rarely see people talking to each other compared to java.
    (please know this is from my experience)

Kind regards
    - Sake

Posted Sep 19, 2020
    Tamman likes this.
  20. Sorry about that I meant that Java Edition as a whole, not just Mineplex, has lost a lot of players since 2015, I guess dying is too strong of a word.

Posted Sep 20, 2020
    LittleOrangey likes this.