• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10631 Players Online
  • 7741 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why Do You Play on Mineplex?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Sqhil, Jun 30, 2020.

1. After working on the Plexus client for around 2 hours, fatigue began to take over me. Clocking out at 1:27 am, I realized I just needed a break. Therefore, I simply searched "mineplex" on YouTube expecting to find some epic cake wars or clans montages that would lift my spirits and keep me working through the night. However, I instead was unwittingly greeted by "The Rise and Fall of Mineplex: An Untold Story", "The Tragic Tale of Mineplex...", "How Hypixel Conquered Mineplex", "Why Mineplex Died and Hypixel Thrived", and this particular one which inspired me to create this post, "The DARK Side of Mineplex - Lies, Abuse and Corruption...". I can't express in words how saddened and demotivated I felt. All I could do was cover my face with my hands and wonder why these kinds of videos exist. Of course, to find out, I decided to watch them, and I only learned two things. One, there are some valid reasons for Mineplex's decline. Two, toxicity towards Mineplex seems to be a growing trend only for likes and views. Finally, I saw a video titled "Mineplex is BETTER than Hypixel!". At first, just by seeing the title, I wanted to shout out the creator of the video in this thread which I was already planning to write. However, I was fooled. In reality, it was a troll video full of swear words and toxic comments towards the Mineplex server. Never judge a book by it's cover.

I'm well aware that the majority of players who are a part of the Mineplex community are making posts and videos to suggest ideas that can improve Mineplex. However, I also think some players, who most of the time aren't from Mineplex, make these videos just for views. Now I'm not here to address these videos in this thread. Nor am I here to verbosely explain my opinions about these posts and videos. I just wanted to provide some background as to why I'm about to ask this question:

Why do you play on Mineplex?
    Even with all this toxicity towards the server and its staff, why are you here? Why aren't you playing on a different server where "it's not laggy" or "there isn't corrupted staff" (quoted from the videos)? I know there's already a couple threads asking what brought you to Mineplex but I want to know why you stayed.

Obviously, because I made the post, I shall start. I first came to Mineplex back in 2015. I shared an account with my brother with the IGN 'Rithik231' later renamed to 'Rezalis'. Back then, I was in 5th and 6th grade. Those were times when school wasn't stressful. I could go play with my neighborhood friends without needing to worry about homework, quizzes, and tests. During summer break, I'd be home alone with my brother and we would both take turns grinding through Castle Siege, Mine Strike, and Sheep Quest games while striving to become a level 100. They were times which I consider to be the best part of my childhood. Unfortunately, near the end of the summer of 2016, my parents made the decision to delete our Minecraft account so my brother would focus only on high school. It was a decision I didn't agree with at first because I wasn't even in middle school. However, now I understand that if I played too much Minecraft in high school, there's no way I would've been able to keep up. My parents sure are strict but they are because they only want the best for my brother and I.

Over the years since then, I've occasionally thought of getting a Minecraft account and coming back. However, with school, extracurriculars, and online summer courses, I never found a right time to visit Mineplex again. Then, the corona virus forced my school district to move online for the rest of the school year. Because of this, the workload from classes seemed to be a lot less and most of my extracurriculars were cancelled. Therefore, my brother bought himself and me new accounts. I was overjoyed to come back. Everything had changed so much, some games I loved were gone, new games I now play often were added, and clans was full of new features. I never thought of why I came back to Mineplex after all those years instead of joining a more popular server until I saw the videos I saw today on YouTube. At first, I thought it was because I've been waiting for years to complete my journey to level 100. However, after giving it a deeper thought, I realized that I'm not playing on Mineplex to become a level 100. I'm playing to have fun. It was because of the times I experienced in 2015-2016 that keep me here. Playing Mineplex allows me to relive my childhood. It allows me to escape from all the stresses I experience now because of my tight schedules and experience the good times I had on Mineplex back then, all over again.

Thanks for bearing through this post. I'm just tired of all the toxicity coming towards Mineplex. I guess I just want to know why we still have a community at Mineplex. Why we haven't fully "died". Also, no offense to any of the creators of these videos. It's 4am for me now so I could be misunderstanding their intentions. I know there are some which are aimed to show what can be improved. However, ones like the "Mineplex is BETTER than Hypixel!" video, really just knock me into a bad mood. I can't wait to hear some of the reasons why you all are still here and plan on staying.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    Legend998, 0775, iceskating and 5 others like this.
  2. There is no denying that there is a lot of criticism for the server. Sometimes that can be really disheartening, but I can understand peoples frustration. For a lot of people, Mineplex was the first server they played on and fell in love with. Over the years there have been some questionable decisions, but I'm here because I want to help improve the server. No server is perfect and there will always be issues. But I believe that we can all make a difference and contribute.

The Mineplex community is incredibly unique. I've spent a lot of time on other Minecraft servers and no matter what I always come back to Mineplex. Being competitive and toxic really isn't ideal for me and I find that other places can be like that. Players are willing to talk to everyone. There is a real sense of community and belonging. There is a diverse range of players and most people are here to just be chill, make friends and play games. The atmosphere is simply just nice and positive.

Alongside this, there is determination. Players want to improve the server and there are many examples of community projects. People want to be involved and they want to make a difference. The staff team make a huge effort to interact with the community and community members can join teams and have an impact without directly being a moderator such as event assistance and the map testing team. A whole team exists to interact with the community and gather their feedback.

Additionally, I'm here because I enjoy the games. Dragon escape, bomb lobbers, hide and seek etc. are some of my favourite games and I enjoy playing on here. The level feature is nice and motivates me to reach that mighty level 100 one day. The memories I have on here are never-ending. From 2013 where I would play Bridges with my sister to the community coming together when Castle Siege was removed, I am yet to have the same experience elsewhere.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    Sqhil and Paladise like this.