• 2707 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10533 Players Online
  • 7826 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why do you play Bedrock?

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by Pixusman, Dec 25, 2018.

?

Why are you playing Bedrock edition?

1. Minecraft features (Marketplace, Add-ons...)

2.5%
  2. Mineplex features (Bedrock-Mineplex-only stuff)

7.5%
  3. Lack of means (I only have devices to play the B.E., but if I could I would play the Java Ed.)

12.5%
  4. Semplicity (Add-ons vs difficult-to-install Mods, Updates, Interface...)

2.5%
  5. Command system (I prefer playing on phone/gamepad rather than mouse&keyboard)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Less cheaters (I suppose it's harder to find cheaters on the bedrock edition)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I don't even know how to install Minecraft on PC.

7.5%
  8. I play/prefer the Java edition.

40.0%
  9. Other reasons (comment below)

27.5%
  1. Hey there,
    I am creating this poll because I would like to understand the reasons why slowly the Java edition (which actually should be the original one) is emptying and the Bedrock has become the most popular since in my opinion, the Java edition has better features, playability and customization and it has no such commercial purposes as the bedrock edition (correct me if you think I'm wrong). This is referred to Minplex as well as Minecraft in general.

I know votes of this polls won't result to be very realistic since as shown in this previous poll most of the players using the forums are from the Java edition, but let's see what happens anyway.

Later perhaps I will post a thread to discuss about the bedrock edition in general, its causes and consequences; for now, I thank you for expressing your opinion.

Posted Dec 25, 2018
    ireallylikerats and factionsBR like this.
  2. As far as Minecraft is concerned, Bedrock Edition is the future; not only is it much better optimised for the modern computer (in that it doesn't require unreasonable specifications to do what games from over twenty years ago had already done), but it's much less ridden with problems, and presents itself more attractively as a game—rather than a tool—to novice users.

If it could break away from Windows 10 (which is the chief drawback of using Bedrock), it'd be a viable replacement to Java already.

Posted Dec 25, 2018
  3. @Wapster what? It is not like bedrock (cough badrock) is favored by Microsoft.

I play bedrock occasionally if I don’t have my computer with me. It is nice to still be able to play MP even when without a computer.

Posted Dec 25, 2018
  4. I definitely that Bedrock edition is the future of Minecraft since the younger generation is playing video games on their phones now instead of on PC.

I like Bedrock edition because you can god bridge (on Windows 10) which is really hard/impossible to do on Java. There are also less hackers on Bedrock than on Java which makes the games much more enjoyable.

Posted Dec 25, 2018
    LucasGaamer likes this.
  5. No No No! And here's my big o' list of things wrong with bedrock to prove it's not ready yet!

The constant lag, the hub teleportation issues where it throws you through the clouds for about 20 minutes before you load in to where you're going, the chat bar lag when you press T you have to wait an extra second for the load in animation than on java where it's instant, the breaking block lag doesn't have the same feel as Java and feels like the game is broken, the constant Xbox Gamertag and Minecraft Username mishaps (btw use your xbox name for the /party invite <xbox name> command), the lack of sounds from Java (What Annoys me most!)

The sounds on Mineplex Java are UNIQUE TO IT, they're ABSOLUTELY LOVELY and need to be added to the Bedrock edition, along with reinstating the old way that protected blocks break in Minecraft Java, cause when they just disappear and reappear on Bedrock, it makes me think the game's broken!

While I do agree that Bedrock IS the way forward in performance terms, what it lacks in gameplay doesn't make up for it in multiplayer yet, obviously it was rushed in development with the release of the Xbox One X and now doesn't work fully or properly yet.

Thanks, But No Thanks Bedrock, At Least Yet Anyway!
    Callum.

Posted Dec 25, 2018
  6. There are a few reasons why I enjoy Bedrock more than Java and these are also reasons why I wanted to join the Bedrock staff team.

The community on Bedrock is much more family-friendly mostly because it attracts a much younger player base (in my opinion). It's much more laid back and casual and lobbies are generally chatty but not overwhelming like some lobbies on Java. I enjoy this because it allows me to better get to know players and play a few games with them until I'm needed elsewhere. Interacting and making tons of new friends is something I enjoy doing very much and I think it's easier to get to know people on Bedrock.

There are some interesting game modes that I really enjoy such as Mob Arena which is really fun to play in a party as it's about working as a team to survive as long as possible which is something I really enjoy. Housing is also really fun as I enjoy seeing all the communities builds and playing on the Parkour maps it's easy to just spend hours doing that.

Bedrock does have bugs, and I think overtime it will become much more stable as Bedrock Edition continues to develop. Even though there are bugs, I still genuinely enjoy Bedrock edition and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon and look forward to what's to come for Bedrock.

Posted Dec 25, 2018
    LucasGaamer and factionsBR like this.
  7. While bedrock may seem okay on the surface, dig a little deeper and you can find tons of problems and oddities in bedrock. One main oddity which isn't often talked about is that mobs stop working from around 4 chunks from the player (Old information and may have changed) and the world doesn't tick past there. While, this does increase performance, it ends up meaning unless you sit right next to your farm, it won't grow. Additionally, the rendering engine of bedrock really isn't that great either, as the developers have to entirely remake it as super duper graphics had problems getting it to run on any platform. Now don't get me wrong, what the bedrock team has done to make this game run on all these platforms is amazing. but, it's definitely not perfect, and probably isn't even the best in any aspect, but it's good enough in most to become the main version of minecraft in the future. (Sorry if this was a bit harsh on bedrock, didn't mean it to be, but i never get to talk about bedrock, so i may have went a bit overboard ;-;.)

Posted Dec 26, 2018
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  8. I only really play bedrock when I'm traveling, since it's pretty easily accessible on any of my mobile devices. In the long run though, I prefer the control and features that Java provides.

Posted Dec 26, 2018
  9. bcuz good pvp

Posted Dec 26, 2018
    LucasGaamer likes this.
  10. I don't think the Java community is leaving to go to Bedrock; what's happening is that the Java community isn't replenishing players fast enough to keep up, whereas Bedrock consists mostly of younger players. It's a featured server so it gets a lot of attention, and for the younger generation pc gaming is coming out of style. Personally, I just enjoy it because I can fight on it without instantly dying to tryhards on Java. It's a lot more laid back and less competitive; but Java is much more refined and I enjoy both platforms.

Posted Dec 26, 2018
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  11. I don't think it's harsh at all, it's more of a slight reality honestly. There's some amazing mobile / switch / Xbox games out there with a beafy engine to handle nice graphics while also hosting cross play (Fortnite for example, even though I dislike it) while Microsoft settled on a weak engine with many bugs and flaws in it. On top of the extreme annoyances of their constantly breaking ghost mutes, disappearing blocks because of cross play performance, and others, I think bedrock has a long way to go from here. On the other hand, these things don't mean it isn't fun (I enjoy playing the ocassional game of Speed Builders and Skyfall on the Bedrock server) rather that Microsoft should focus on boosting their engine capacity in future updates so server's don't have to suffer the consequences of their actions.

Posted Dec 26, 2018,
    Last edited Dec 26, 2018
    factionsBR likes this.
  12. I've always played Minecraft Pocket Edition, which is now Bedrock. I played on a tiny cell phone, it was almost impossible to find. But I do not know if I got used to the gameplay and the graphics.
    But I play Bedrock because for me the gameplay is much better than Java, the graphics are bigger and when I hit a player this is very visible to me.

When I got a PC, I thought about starting Java, but Java hurts my eyes, as it was designed for large screens, there is a lot going on and Bedrock is more focused on where you are looking.

I do not know why but I really am better and I feel more comfortable with Bedrock.

But I'm pretty sure people are playing Bedrock because they do not have access to a computer, I just prefer Bedrock.

And although there are many errors, if you use a good device there will be no delay and with good programmers everything is possible. Everyone said that it was impossible to control mobs with programming, Mineplex launched Dragons leaving everyone in awe.

I like to play Java at times to relax and the Java events are super cool and I have friends who only play Java. Despite everything I believe that Bedrock is really the future of Minecraft.

And on your question, Bedrock is only popular because there is a list of featured servers and Mineplex is in it, players can easily know the Mineplex, in Java it is not so, many people think that Mineplex no longer exists.

Posted Dec 26, 2018,
    Last edited Dec 26, 2018
    LucasGaamer likes this.
  13. I think we can all agree on this one. Becuase pvp is so much easier and combos are easy to get lol. Also people suck at pvp on bedrock XD and don’t strafe. God Bridging is actually a thing in windows and Xbox and sometimes possible on PE.
    --- Post updated ---
    There’s no such thing as a try hard. Get good kid

Posted Dec 26, 2018
  14. When did I say that it was favored by Microsoft?

Posted Dec 27, 2018
  15. I meant it is not going to break away any time soon, as far as I'm concerned.

Posted Dec 27, 2018
  16. I said if it could break away, then it would be a viable replacement. Never said it would.

Posted Dec 27, 2018
  17. Why does there have to be a debate which is better. Both of them have their strength and weaknesses @Waspter @Pancake_7

Posted Dec 27, 2018
    LucasGaamer likes this.
  18. I enjoy bedrock far over Java for multiple reasons. First is the community not saying that the Java community is bad it’s just that I have found a bit more kind people and people that are always having fun. I see so little toxic players and more players playing the game for fun not to just win. The community basically is just way more family friendly. Another reason I play bedrock is that there is far less hackers and you can have a lot more fun in each match with less worry’s.

Posted Jan 26, 2019
  19. Hey!
    I mainly find bedrock really good for playing on the go. Additionally, I am also quite a big fan of the range of features it provides too.

Posted Jan 26, 2019
  20. I play bedrock because I get like 1000 ping on java mineplex, and java minecraft gets less fps than bedrock.

Posted Jan 27, 2019