• 202 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5473 Players Online
  • 5271 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why do people hack?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zeeelzeeel, Oct 22, 2021.

Tags:
?

Why do people hack

1. I dont know

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  2. They just bad at the game so they rely on hacks to win

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  3. They wanna ruin peoples fun

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. They think its "cool"

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. I run into hackers a few times but why do they hack? they don't get anything but a ban for life

Posted Oct 22, 2021
    le Brownie likes this.
  2. For fun, because their friends are doing it, because clicking hurts their hand, because they do not care about the game etc...

There is an infinite number of reasons why players cheat, there is no one reason. The best thing for you to do is utilize /report and go on with your day. It is never worth your time dwelling on foul play.

Posted Oct 22, 2021
  3. makes it easy to level up

Posted Oct 22, 2021
    le Brownie likes this.
  4. Well, there's no one definite answer or reason, and every cheater will think of it differently and say a different thing but don't get me wrong there are usually a few common reasons that I've heard. The first one is because they think everyone else is doing it, or because they think the other person is hacking. The problem with these hackers is that they're likely not to stop because they'll think everyone is lying that they're legit, which isn't really true but then again, you can't really change everyone's mind. Another reason is as you described, they think it's cool to hack, and they think that if they do it they'll appear amazing even though this usually isn't the case and everyone just gets pretty frustrated. After that, there are the people who get a rush from it and do it just because they find it fun that they're winning every single time. These people will eventually get bored of it but sometimes it takes a while.

But that's what I usually think, of course, I can list more reasons but those are the few that came from the top of my head that I think may be why. They are in no shape or form what the hacker is probably actually thinking and I'm honestly a bit unsure myself.

Also, if you believe someone is hacking, if you have evidence that is usable as per this guide, you can report them here. Otherwise, you can also report a hacker if you're on java by doing /report (user) (reason) and/or joining the StaffRequest community and doing /com chat staffrequest and then doing !(message). But that's not the only ways that you can report a hacker, you can also report them by joining the Mineplex Discord, heading over to the #report-players section and checking the pins for the reporting player format. Then you can either do that command on that same channel or DM the Mineplex bot in that format.

Posted Oct 22, 2021,
    Last edited Oct 22, 2021
  5. The possibilities are infinite, but the most common reasons are to win or to upset other people.

Posted Oct 22, 2021
  6. It can be for many reasons weather they’re doing it to level up faster or ruin the experience for others. It’s difficult to tell but there’s many reasons.

Posted Oct 22, 2021
  7. Most do it because they want to be on the recording.

Posted Oct 22, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  8. Yes and to copy other idols on social media platforms

Posted Oct 22, 2021
  9. They get bored of playing legit because they realised how awful they are at the game.

Posted Oct 23, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  10. on servers like 2b2t hacking is neccesary for your very survival ingame

Posted Oct 23, 2021
    FoxGal and StyxKiller03 like this.
  11. Fax

Posted Oct 23, 2021
  12. It's not if you know how to PvP.

Posted Oct 23, 2021
    FoxGal and 90k like this.
  13. true. good pvpers can easily kill someone with kill aura, speed, anti kb, and reach.

Posted Oct 23, 2021
    Rebel_Guy and FoxGal like this.
  14. I think end crystal pvp is used on that server so stuff like aimbot might not be very useful

Posted Oct 23, 2021
  15. Idk, whenever I hack, I always get permission from Jacoby Brisket therefore I'm untouchable.

Low-key hot take: hackers who don't ruin gameplay should be allowed to freely roam

Posted Oct 23, 2021
    Rebel_Guy likes this.
  16. It's not a hot take, I completely agree - multiple times I've seen such players, lovingly referred to as "friendly hackers", who simply whiz around and spread positivity while not harming anyone or gaining any form of unfair gameplay advantage.

Posted Oct 23, 2021
    Blahh_ likes this.
  17. Hacking is fun, lets be honest here. People wouldn’t do it if it wasn’t fun. If it wasn’t fun then clearly people wouldn’t bother to ruin other peoples experience. In the end, hackers are apart of the game and sometimes you have to deal with them.

Posted Oct 23, 2021
  18. Except there hasn't been very many hackers lately because Gwen banned them all :(

Posted Oct 23, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 and AbleToStrafe like this.
  19. Hi

I believe personally that people hack for a multitude of reasons. People might hack because...
    • They are bad and want the hacks to make it easy to win
    • Disregarding skill level they hack for fun.
    • They find enjoyment out of people raging / getting upset over them hacking.
    And trust me, a lot of other reasons that i cant think of at the moment. I feel as if people hack not because they are evil, as we might view them that way, I think they just hack because of reasons along the lines of the ones I listed

Posted Oct 25, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  20. The answer is 2 and 3.

Some people hack because they can’t get better and others do it to piss them off

…Unless they’re playing an anarchy server

Posted Oct 26, 2021