• 573 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5916 Players Online
  • 5343 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why do people act like using the smash is a crime against humanity?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Glitchy, Feb 28, 2021.

1. yet here I am, doing just that

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 28, 2021
  2. you must be playing against noobs then

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  3. IMO people shouldnt get lynched for using smash crystals, but nonetheless it is an annoying ability that gives you an advantage based on anything but skill.

I dont mind people just using the smash crystal when they get it, because they will play normally when its not there. Its when people rely on the smash crystals as part of their "playstyle" by simply running until it spawns then using an antikb ability to almost guarentee a chance of getting it.

Go ahead and use smash crystals if you only care about winning, but if you want to play the game fairly while also improving, id reccomend not using them. Smash crystals are not a fun mechanic to fight against, thats why people hate them.

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    Fusafez and Mitchy like this.
  4. Dont blame your kit for having to use crystals, theres people out here who use kits like chicken who still dont use the crystals. Be honest, the reason you use them is because you cant handle losing and want to win even if it means getting an unfair advantage.

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    Blazette, Mitchy and Kenshin_William like this.
  5. then there's me using sheep

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  6. I think that if you're a noob and you use it, then it's fine. Because they might not be good enough to kill you before smash and by the time they're done, you still have three lives and the noob has 1. And they don't know better, so I don't think they deserve to get hated on and if they have any self reflection, they will eventually realize that smash isn't fair. I used it back in 2017 because I came back to the server then and was my first time seeing smash crystals. But there were a few things that made me realize it wasn't fair, so I stopped using it soon. (at least until teamers/targetters show up)

However, I think that if you are a more experienced player, using smash becomes cheap, especially if you are playing with people who are better or have a similar skill level. If both of you only have one or two lives left and the game is really close, then it is bad sportsmanship to use smash just so you can tip the win into your favor. If the player is worse, then you should be able to beat them without smash. And if the player is better, then you should just accept it.

And saying "be faster" isn't a good excuse because some kits have a better advantage of getting it. If you're using horse to secure smash, then I can see why people are getting mad over it. Horses usually have a better chance of getting smash than someone else, even if the other person is better. Not only that but horse is good at stalling the game AND it takes away 2 stocks from people.

Also the number of people who criticize smash should give you a clue about whether it is fair or not.

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  7. Oh boy, this reply. Smash Crystals are part of the game and there's nothing saying you CAN'T use it, it's just very cheap. Your sword analogy was an awful one, ridiculous at best. A sword is something everyone in the game is given, a smash crystal is 1 item that drops sometimes and gives one player a massive advantage because they got to a point on the map faster. One thing that's really out of place here is you saying there's nothing to stop them from using it, I don't understand why you brought that up, no one here has said there's anything that will stop them from using crystals. It's been a well known fact that players who play SSM have been wanting crystals to be removed for a while now, and have a good amount of support behind them and it's not surprising to see why, they essentially give you another life and can kill 1 or more player with little to no skill required for them. To OP, the reason people hate smash crystals, is because most of them require no skill and heal you to full, while also doing significant damage or killing 1 or more players.

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    aaawesome likes this.
  8. actually I main the witch, I only use the smash when I’m at a disadvantage like last life vs 2 lives on a wolf

OP OP
  9. Exactly, if your down a life or two, it usually means your opponent has been playing better, which is why smashes are considered a cheap way of turning the tides or in some cases, winning.

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  10. I mean with wolf, you just need to know how to jump and left click so not much of an unfair fight there to smash against an op kit

OP OP
  11. Wolf can be overpowered, that is, if you know how to use it. At least wolf takes skill to use, just because someone is using a kit doesn't mean you can't beat them

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  12. I'm fine with smash crystals unless both players are at 1 life. If someone happens to grab the crystal and use it against me when both of us are at one life, I hub.

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  13. cub Tackle + Ravage, nuff said

If skeletal horse is op, so is Wolf

OP OP
  14. Doubt that. I've seen you around lobbies, and while you do have witch equipped, nearly all rounds have you changing into horse because "I'm using it to counter op kits." I'm guessing you refer to horse, guardian, zombie, and wolf as I have seen you do that in lobbies with those kits. Given that most lobbies have one of those kits, I would call your main the skeletal horse.

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  15. before they started getting more common I was an avid witch player, if those get nerfed I’ll go back to witch

EDIT: I mean let’s face it, Witch stands 0 chance against those 3 presently

OP OP
  16. you need good aim to make that work, anyone who's tried wolf knows that

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  17. Anybody who has at least 30 wins can do that

Posted Feb 28, 2021
    Mitchy likes this.
  18. that's the biggest exaggeration I've ever heard

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  19. Not really

Posted Feb 28, 2021
  20. honestly it’s not that hard, I basically never play wolf but land 9/10 tackles

OP OP