• 486 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2562 Players Online
  • 2076 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why do Java players get more rank options?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by 1000, Sep 30, 2020.

1. I want more ways to waste my money, a stupid present with legs won't cut it.

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  2. Mineplex was originally a Java server consisting of 50K people in the past (in its golden age), and to accommodate for that large of a player base and benefit from it, they had made many ranks in Java. Now as the player base is lower, they have still kept those ranks, which is why you probably feel that Java has more ranks despite its player count being lower than bedrock’s

Posted Sep 30, 2020
    MC_Minium, LT Tombstone 77 and GAM like this.
  3. Bedrock has a decent amount of ranks tho, I know a server that only has one

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  4. Immortal was added way after the golden age so that isn't the reasoning. Java has a larger dedicated playerbase so to keep up with that there are more ranks and a subscription rank.

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  5. I’m not entirely sure, since Mineplex Bedrock has more players then the Java server (as of now). But I’d assume it’s because Java is the original platform for Minecraft and used to be more popular, so Mineplex gave their dedicated playerbase more ranks to keep people playing and encourage people to play it. Maybe now with Gryo as our Bedrock developer, Bedrock will be look into more and not neglected like it was before.

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  6. Until mid-2014, ranks on Minecraft servers made a lot of sense to have as they offered a gameplay advantage over other players, mainly in the form of unlocked kits. Nowadays, there is always a concern as to whether or not a feature violates Mojang's multiplayer EULA, although some Immortal additions outright went against what users who posted suggestions were told it was (example: gem & XP boost) so let's just say no one can be trusted here. Consequently, the perks are largely cosmetic and you don't get much actual value for ranks, it's more of a means to support the server's development. Java and Bedrock have received new ranks at a similar pace, with the difference that Java already had 4 ranks by the time the other platform went into its Genesis stage. For those who would like to receive something new every month, Mineplex has had Immortal rank (formerly PPC) for 4 years now and Bedrock has Marketplace in-app purchases, so you are still able to explore new features if you find it entertaining.

Posted Oct 1, 2020
    Believerc likes this.
  7. Reasons to add a subscription based rank are entirely different from reasons to add a lifetime rank.

Posted Oct 3, 2020
  8. The ranks have just been built up over the years because players kept wanting a rank upgrade. As of now, there's really no need for half of the lower ranks like Hero because most people who are going to buy a rank end up buying the top 3 lifetime ranks or just immortal. That doesn't mean we should remove them though, because it makes ranks accessible to more people with less money which is good from a business perspective. Bedrock hasn't had as big of a lifetime, so it hasn't had many opportunities for new ranks. It has 2 which is a modest number. If Mineplex Java never had the huge popularity that it had before I'd assume that it wouldn't have made as many ranks.

Posted Oct 4, 2020
  9. Pretty simple, Java has a whole lot more history than Bedrock.

If Bedrock had been around since 2013 I assume it would have more ranks by now. I actually expect a new Bedrock rank to drop before long given its popularity. then you can fork over your hard earned cash to mineplex again!

Posted Oct 4, 2020
  10. Hey, as said above Java has been around much longer than Bedrock. Given this, new ranks have been added over the years to keep up to date and to allow more abilities to be unlocked that weren't unlocked with a previous rank. Whilst not confirmed, it's possible more ranks might be added to Bedrock in the future.

Posted Oct 10, 2020
    JetStarglaze likes this.
  11. Heyo,
    The reason behind this is because the Java server has been there since 24th January of 2013 which was way before they decide to make the bedrock server. At that time Mineplex had +10k players which was Mineplex's golden age. To satisfy the needs of amazing and exclusive perks of the players, they've decided to add more ranks as years pass, until recently. They've decided to add a subscription rank which is Immortal with special perks that are extremely amazing to satisfy everyone who is looking for amazing perks. Whilst bedrock was created on 4th July of 2016. That was 3 years after the release of the Java server. At that time the Java server had more players than the bedrock one so, they've only added 3 ranks to it. However, it doesn't mean that they will never add any ranks. They will do when they see a great need to do so as the time passes. Don't let your hopes down! There may be more ranks added to the Bedrock in the near future!

Posted Oct 12, 2020