• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why do high lvl people camp in ssm?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by plebbie, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Crash

Crash

Hey there!
    A strategy is an overarching plan comprised of multiple tactics to complete an overall goal. Camping is a tactic and can be a part of an overarching strategy, but by definition camping in and of itself is not comprised of multiple tactics, so it cannot be considered a strategy. You even describe camping as both a tactic and a strategy within your first post.

A strategy would be like picking skeleton to keep others away, camping to maintain a stock advantage, and then coming down at a certain point to finish off the remaining players with that advantage.

Your take on hunger drain does not account for ranged moves which give back hunger, the amount of time it normally takes to begin taking damage, other players killing each other. If the other players brought each other down stocks, you would outlast them if it came to that.

The current hunger drain is not currently a practical or effective limitation upon camping. GI had wanted to significantly increase how quickly hunger drains to make it an actual limitation, but until that happens please stop pretending like it's something campers have to consider.

Posted Oct 9, 2018
    FreezaSama and Wiz_Techno like this.
  2. TasteOfTerror

TasteOfTerror

Bahahahhah. Please do the same Mr. King Crash

Posted Oct 9, 2018
  3. BestPD

BestPD

Though some people may not like camping, it's still a strategy for players regardless. I try not to camp in games but almost all of us do it at some point, and there's really no reason to trash on someone over it; it's just how they play the game. In the case of SSM I like to try and bait campers which can sometimes work if they get impatient and especially if they're not playing a mob with a form of projectile (so they can hit others from long distance and keep their hunger), they'll have to come out eventually to replenish their health. It's not really the level that changes how they play, it's just the person in question and what they decide to do. That's how I see it at least, though you're free to disagree with me.

Posted Oct 9, 2018
  4. SkyswordTK

SkyswordTK

Hey guys, im one of those "campers" and i would like to point out the difference between "staying out of a fight" and "camping". Well from my point of view, im quite frequently staying out of duels. So a thing that high lvled players, including me, (at least at mineplex eu) quite often do is staying out of 2 ppl who are already fighting. The main difference between what your complaining about and what i am describing is that once one of the 2 players won, whoever stayed out of the fight goes down to the winners life count to actually grant him a fair 1v1. From my experiences, many less experienced players confuse that and complain about camping (which can be confused, but campers usually dont suicide to someone elses lvl count).
    About hunger, well the hunger system only works against non ranged kits camping, especially for a skeleton its quite easy to keep some kits in distance so they will easiely be able to avoid starving.
    And about camping, even tho it might be one of the most annoying things in the game, it can still be called a tactic, and i guess the main reason that it feels like there are more high lvled players is based on you feeling more annoyed by them due to them beeing able to defend their camping spot better or run better, since noone cares if you can easiely kill someone whos camping.

Posted Oct 11, 2018