• 253 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6387 Players Online
  • 6134 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why do high lvl people camp in ssm?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by plebbie, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Every time when I play a game against a lvl 70 ore higher they can only camp.
    Is there a reason ore something. Do you lose all your skill when you get this level. Because I am lvl 75 and I dont need to camp in order to win.
    So I want to know why high level people camp in ssm.

Posted Oct 6, 2018
  2. This isn't true in the slightest. Most of the high level players I have played are very aggressive and are always attacking. Everyone has their own way of playing the game, so these level 70+ people that you have encountered just choose to play like that. Nothing wrong with it...

Posted Oct 6, 2018
  3. Just played a game against 2 more high level players and guess what. They both camped and did not even attack each other. So then they just camp because I am there ore what??????

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 6, 2018
  4. I mostly do it cuz i've played the last few games aggressively so I get lazy and make it a resting game.

Posted Oct 6, 2018
  5. Hello plebbie! While I understand your frustration, I can also put some words that will back up the reasons they're camping, one of them being to avoid fights in order to have the most lives and making camping a useful tactic.

Another reason would suggest that the players only want to relax, or sometimes make it, as JPXFRD mentioned, their "resting game".

Another reason I can think of is the sole purpose that they're camping, which may suggest they want to bring the "demon out of you", making you mad and eventually making you lose due to you acting from frustration.

A thing to prevent camping would be that you have to attack in order to regain hunger, although it's not a very useful anti-camping.

I'd suggest for you to also camp, and to fight fire with fire.

Have a pleasant day!

Posted Oct 6, 2018
  6. It's because its ssm, I'd say about half the community no matter their level. How do you think they've gotten to level 100? You need 10m xp to get level 100 (Exactly) and it's so easy to get xp from ssm. Check the wins of all of the high-level campers and I can guarantee that you will find that they have at least 1500 wins in the game. If you can't beat em, join em! What's the point of them camping if your camping to :) Also, if you really don't want to camp and just play with skill, I'd recommend using the wolf, creeper, skeleton, or witch. Wolf applies slow with his first ability (Or second I forgot), the skeleton has a bow and arrow that can shoot 5 arrows at a time. Creeper's first ability has knockback, and the witch has bats and potions that can get really annoying if you are camping. Chicken also works because he is able to fly fast and go directly to the person. I hope this helped you and I hope you have more fun playing ssm!

Posted Oct 6, 2018
  7. Hey there.
    Like said above, people always have their own ways to play. People that are high level don't always get a high level because they are good at playing, that is just experience. Maybe they got a high level from camping, or they're just bored and don't like trying really hard each and every game. People have different play styles and don't like trying that hard every game. Camping is for sure going to be a part of any game with terrain.

Posted Oct 6, 2018
  8. Jam
    x

~because they are scrubs

:potato:

Posted Oct 7, 2018
  9. Yo,

Camping is a strategy that most people use if they want to take a break from intensive PvP constantly. It's also used to let the other enemies lose their lives fighting each other so you don't use any. My strategy to deal with campers would run either Wolf or Creeper. If they use an ability on you, you get Lightning Shield so they most likely won't melee you and if they do they'll get the really annoying effect from it and you can hit them off. I will usually stand on their camping spot or run after them. If you're Wolf, you can Cub Tackle them and then Wolf Strike them and that will usually move them.

Posted Oct 7, 2018
  10. that's right Creeper Camper annoy me the best xD.
    --- Post updated ---
    not all level 70+ camps... even thought most do.
    I found usually level 20~30 hide and not attack the most
    --- Post updated ---

Posted Oct 7, 2018
  11. Except getting wins via camping takes wayyy longer than going wolf and just spamming spacebar + LMB

Posted Oct 7, 2018
    Jam likes this.
  12. Jam
    x

Camping is the scummy way of winning. And game skill development wise you'll become bad at dealing with pressure and adapting to situations if all you do is camp. You need to get into the fray, learn combos and develop styles that shy away from running and camping.

Smash isn't designed for you to sit in a tree and just volley shots at peiple, if you want to do that go play Bomb Lobbers or something. Everybody hates camping and being shot down, but when you are the camper you don't care...? Be the better person, don't be like those scumbags and sit in a tree.

At the end of the day, if you are one of those brainless players that sit in a tree and claim camping is a valid strategy, you might as-well paint a bright red target on your back and streak around the map. You'll probably survive longer that way

Posted Oct 7, 2018,
    Last edited Oct 8, 2018
    Mitchy, AnInnocentLlama and Crash like this.
  13. im a high level and i camp only because i suck at the game and i don't know how to counter all the kits or learn any skill/ strategy. people who are good at the game wouldn't camp.

Posted Oct 8, 2018
  14. Very well theres a reason why I use my Wither Skeleton and not a Spider or any other Kits. Wither Skeleton has the Ability to controll the skulls hes shooting, with that Campers are not a problem anymore.
    I would not say that high Lv players camp, we actually sweep trough the Battlefield the only time we "camp" is when we have around half of our hearths (5) and need to recover it. In a few moments we are full and go in battle again

Posted Oct 8, 2018
    Trunks likes this.
  15. I noticed the change around 65. Your body starts slowing down and you just can't keep up with the kids anymore. Frankly, its a wonder I can still sprint. You might have good genetics but eventually time is gonna catch up with you. You'll be sitting in a tree watching the irunk golems brawling it out thinking "those were the days".

Posted Oct 8, 2018
    JAKE///, james610, Geotarium and 2 others like this.
  16. When people use the strategy: camping, someone with less skill or experience is more likely to win that way. Being less direct and involved in fighting players means you're almost guaranteed to hold onto your lives for longer. I understand that it can be annoying to play against but as hunger goes down when you don't attack anyone in the game, people can't camp for too long. It's a recognized tactic and I don't think that levels have much to do with it.​

Posted Oct 8, 2018,
    Last edited Oct 8, 2018
  17. If you think camping is a 'strategy' (which is both blatantly ignorant of the motivation behind camping and the requirements for something to be a 'strategy' in the first lace), and legitimately believe that hunger drain.. which takes several minutes to go from full hunger to taking damage (and no longer regenerating health), kindly remove yourself from the SSM playerbase. Thank you.

Posted Oct 8, 2018
    Wiz likes this.
  18. Jam
    x

At the end of the day, everyone hates camping. The only people that don't hate it are the people that do it and when they get camped they complain too. So like, it's universally known campers are pains.

Inherantly if you camp, you are indirectly saying to everyone "hey I'm not very bright nor good at this game, so I'm going to play the role of a scumbag and ruin everyone's match"

Posted Oct 8, 2018
    Wiz likes this.
  19. Honestly, in my experience higher level players tend to be more aggressive not campy. Anti-camping measures such as hunger to tend to eliminate some of the more insane camping strategies, and at the end of the day you *do* need to kill people to win the game.

Posted Oct 8, 2018
  20. Hi there, no matter if you like the idea of camping or not - it is actually a strategy. I am against using it as I believe it makes the gameplay less enjoyable. A strategy is "a plan of action designed to achieve a long-term or overall aim." As you can see, camping fits into the definition as it's a planned way to play the game. Hunger drain makes it so you do actually have to fight other players to win, there's no other way around it. I won't be removing myself from the SSM player base as you have suggested to do, have a nice day!

Posted Oct 9, 2018