• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9965 Players Online
  • 7075 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why did you buy immortal rank?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Blazette, Jun 30, 2020.

?

Why did you buy Immortal Rank?

1. Cause it’s new and refreshing

2. To look cool

3. To support the server

4. I didn’t, not worth

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I was genuinely curious of to why~

Posted Jun 30, 2020
  2. I had a friend buy it for all of my group of friends because we all relied on them for an MPS to play on (because we were too shy and really bad at the games so we would hide in there), he decided instead of just giving us the bare minimum rank for that, that he'd go the extra mile.

Posted Jun 30, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 30, 2020
    Blazette likes this.
  3. I bought Immortal because I like supporting a server I really enjoy and care about. I also like the perks associated with it. The double XP booster is awesome as I struggle to have the determination to increase my levels so having a day where I can earn a lot of XP is great. Flying around the hub and being able to change my rank colour is a nice feature.

I like that I can stop my subscription whenever I want. I don't know if I will keep it for a long time as I have a lot of other subscriptions, but it's a nice feature.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    Blazette likes this.
  4. There are a few different reasons for why I decided to purchase Immortal, and why I still pay for it. I like the rank and the perks it comes with; flying in the hub is pretty cool, the XP boosters are a great way to level up, the join messages are a nice touch, and the coloured chat is pretty fancy. Even though I could do without all of these perks, they make my time on the server really enjoyable. My favourite is probably hub flight, it's helpful when I want to get from one side of the lobby to another very fast instead of double jumping all the way to the other end. Another positive I love with the rank is the unique monthly cosmetics that come with it, I like how there's always a new and creative cosmetic being thought of each month. It adds that extra bit of uniqueness to the rank, and it means that there's always something new to play with each month.

They are just a few of the reasons why I have bought the rank and why I plan to keep it for a while!

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    Blazette likes this.
  5. Hiii :))

Ever since I started playing multiplayer Minecraft, I have always loved to have a rank just for those extra perks that make the game just that bit more convenient. For Immortal specifically, it is the aesthetics that captured me; the yellow forum posts that make your post stand out, the tag is also really nice on the forums, and best of all, the in-game tag, it is just the fact that you get to choose what colour you want it to be that I really like, I personally chose dark blue as it stands out and looks great. The Immortals community chat is also great as it is the best place to find Cake Wars teammates. As Breeze said, it is just great to support the server that you love so much, that $6.99 a month is the equivalent of my working an extra hour at work every month so it is no bother to me but it actually does make a difference on the server, they can use that money to pay the devs who can make the server better.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    Blazette likes this.
  6. I decided to purchase Immortal mainly to test out all the new features that it has compared to the other ranks, such as flight and the join message etc. A long time ago I purchased the former Power Play Club for a few months and I really enjoyed it, so I figured I would more than likely enjoy Immortal too. Since Immortal is an actual rank unlike what PPC was, it intrigued me even more. The XP booster is also really nice to have and the ability to change prefix colours adds a nice variety of customisation options. Purchasing Immortal is also a nice way to support the server that extra bit more!

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    Blazette likes this.
  7. I didn't buy it :sigils:

I'd personally give it a 0 tbh. I like the skin-changer and fly in the hub, but not that it forces you into the immortal group, other people can't turn off being stacked unless they're immortal too, and you can't turn off the announcement in chat of you joining a lobby (mine announcing it to the lobby, not other people's). Like man, I understand you want me to show off the immortal rank, but let me just vibe and be hidden like the anti-social person I am.

((I got it from a friend for 3 months and now I have it for testing))

Posted Jun 30, 2020
  8. I actually had PPC (Power Play Club).
    I had PPC from where it first dropped and even though being inactive from Mineplex I still kept the subscription going because I knew I was getting these cosmetics but for a couple of months I didn't know the subscription had ended because of 'Immortal'. I don't want to purchase Immortal as it would change my 'Eternal' rank and would make that purchase pointless really. I spent $120 on Eternal (when it first came out), and it would be a waste to just switch to Immortal when there's no 'Upgrades' or anything.

If Mineplex were to give users with Eternal a discount on Immortal I'd definitely purchase it, but I don't see that happening.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    Thenorn and Blazette like this.
  9. I bought immortal a couple of months ago, (the first month immortal was out). I was very excited about the cool new update which ppc needed, so I decided to buy a month of it. I also bought it to support mineplex, everything helps!

I also really wanted the Gwen taunt :P

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    Blazette likes this.
  10. I actually had bought the Immortal rank a month or so ago, and I was really excited to try out the features that came with it. One really cool thing I like about Immortal is the fact you can change your skin in-game without having to change your skin for your account. There are also so many more features that come with Immortal that I really liked!

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    Blazette likes this.
  11. Immortal was personally worth the buy. My favorite feature by far is the ability to fly in the hub. It's much more convenient than double jumping and is honestly something I can't go without anymore. Another thing I really like are the diamond sword names which are neat to have. They look cool and since I haven't been able to obtain any other diamond sword names, they make up for it. Also, the skin changer surprised me in how well it worked. It's my last day of my subscription today but, I will definitely be getting it again.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    Blazette likes this.
  12. I decided not to get immortal because of the subscription. I got eternal as a birthday present I believe, and since than I have enjoyed all of its perks, plus having given a donation to my favorite server. Despite this, I don't feel like I'm going to spend money repeatedly over and over again to keep a rank. I'm fine with giving money for a rank, but a subscription is not something I'm going to do. If you want to, I respect that. But I'm going to keep my immortal.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    Blazette likes this.
  13. I bought Immortal mainly because I want to continue to support Mineplex monetarily, and plus I can afford it so basically my mind went “why not?”. The perks are super fun to mess around with, especially stacker and being able to fly in the hub. I also really like how you can change your rank color; I was Eternal for a while and I didn’t like the cyan color. I prefer pink, and before I was staff I was super happy to change it to pink.

There are some things that I’m not really a fan of, however. Probably my biggest pet peeve is being forced into the Immortals community without being able to leave - in my opinion, players should be able to leave. I get that you can turn off the community chat, but my point still stands. I also dislike how regular players can’t turn off the ability to be stacked - quite annoying for them in my opinion. But overall, I really like the perks that come along with the rank.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    Blazette likes this.
  14. If I could purchase it, I would, and I am planning on doing that if I put away enough money from what I get for food while in school. Essentially, I can be lazy and buy a sandwich directly from the school canteen, or walk to school a bit longer and get something cheaper from a bakery. I have yet to decide on that.

I see the rank color as a huge perk, as some people have even avoided purchasing a higher rank just for it to remain their favorite color. It makes for a very unique decoration when one is not in Lobby-1. Flight is something that already comes with morphs, but morphing and unmorphing just to fly is not exactly the best experience. And of course, all the previous PPC perks make it an excellent rank in terms of what you get, and a good trial rank for Legend+. May I remind, Ultra subscriptions used to cost $5/mo, and Hero was $10/mo. This was after they stopped being pay to win.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    Blazette and CrackleHarvest36 like this.
  15. I would buy it if the money was well spent towards major bug fixes and new interesting updates instead of into the pockets of the owners but it is what is.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    Blazette likes this.
  16. A few months ago I had subscribed to immortal for one month when it first came out because I normally have(had) the hero rank and wanted to try something new and fun, especially if it meant supporting my favorite server.
    The first thing that really stood out to me about this subscription rank was how cheap it was so, I figured why not try it out? When I was purchasing the rank I came across the comparison chart of all the purchasable ranks on the server put together and it really showed me how much immortal had to offer, especially the fly in lobbies which really stood out to me since I am in Lobby-1 frequently. When I actually received the rank, I fell in love with everything about it.
    The fly was definitely one of my favorite features but I also really enjoyed the color coded chat, xp boosters, game amplifiers, prefixes, immortal games and taunts/particles, that I didn't have before. For these reasons, I purchased immortal again because when my original subscription ended, I honestly felt lost without all the features it offered me as a player.
    There were only two things I really didn't like about this rank, the Immortal community and the stacker hub game, as @xUmbreon has mentioned as well. I didn't like the Immortal community because I like being in communities that have players I know and can trust, which is why I'm only in 3-4 currently. I also really dislike the stacker game being implemented for only certain ranks. I would suggest just adding it back for everyone or just allowing every player to have the option to turn it off. My reasoning for this is coming from a player point of view (from me personally) because it honestly can be really frustrating when players throw me off the map and get me kicked because of the bug at the moment. I can find the feature fun at times with my friends but, I feel that the bug is abused way too much by players and it's not fair to players without the immortal rank since they aren't able to turn hub games off. Even when this bug is hopefully fixed, it still can be frustrating when you get thrown off the map.
    Despite the two negatives, I definitely think Immortal is worth trying out because there are way more positives too it. I definitely am thinking about subscribing again!

Posted Jun 30, 2020
  17. I originally wasn’t planning on getting Immortal, but I thought the 6 month option seemed worth it at it’s price, so I decided to treat myself to the rank. Although sometimes the website glitches with the Bedrock ranks. If I try to fix them it removes my Immortal tag. Going on Bedrock and Java does not make the website happy haha. Which honestly I don’t mind since I’m not the biggest fan of the Immortal tag on the website anyway.
    My biggest thing is being able to fly in lobbies. I like to run around in lobbies a lot, so the fly feature makes it more enjoyable. I also enjoy the monthly cosmetics, and the EXP booster is a really nice touch as well.
    Probably won’t renew it after 6 months. It’s nice to have for the time being though.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
  18. When Immortal first came out I bought it just so I can skip the Clans queue. The new map was released and it had 100 people with a 60 person queue, so I got it. I had it for like 5 months because I never cancelled it and I didn't really care because I liked it. Other then the Clans bonuses, I liked flying in the hub and the ability to have access to /skin. Also, I really liked talking in color, made me feel superior.

Posted Jul 1, 2020