• 3298 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11736 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why Cats Are Better Than Dogs

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by _Prof_, Aug 14, 2019.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. Cats

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  2. Dogs

20 vote(s)
    69.0%
  1. 1. Less attention required: There are much less responsibilities for a cat owner than dog. Cats are capable of finding amusement themselves. There is no need to walk them every day, they do not require too much time with their owners, and do not need to be bathed (I still do to my cat to wash out all the dead fur).

2. More considerate: Cats have a better sense of what you want at the moment and respect that. They do not bark loudly every now and then to annoy you or start licking your face at morning.

3. Keep your house insect free: Have arachnophobia or there are mosquitos, flies, or any creepy crawling midgets? Cats are for you. They have a string sense of smell and can hunt down those little pests with ease.

Obviously, everyone has different experiences with pets and their personality determines whether they are more suitable for dogs or cats. I am way on the cats side to a point where I have........ well......... dogophobia where I try to avoid dogs if possible, and no I am not allergic to them.

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    d0m, xUmbreon, Dinnersaur_ and 2 others like this.
  2. You forgot to mention the: Throwing up, hairballs, clawing, astounding amounts of feces, and waking you up so you can feed them in the middle of the night. Also don't you think that this is a little biased if you have "dogophobia".

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    GoLdyLocKs, rexh17 and d0m like this.
  3. I love and own both cats and a dog but I'm going to have to disagree with you here.
    That's not always a good thing, sometimes I find that cats are a little too independant and I'd rather own an animal that enjoys spending time with you.

There's like six cats in my house and from my experience this couldn't be further from the truth.
    Me > is sad
    Cat > bam bam I hit you

My dog is also really chill and doesn't do either of those things which are big stereotypes for people who don't like dogs I guess.

Sure, but my dog will also try and eat anything that's flying around. I don't personally have any creepy crawling midgets in my house, don't think midgets are creepy either. :)

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    d0m and EwMikey like this.
  4. To be honest with you, dogs are more better. First a dog never leaves their owners side, 'a mans best friend'. and secondly their always happy and they show you that they love you with licks and hugs. Cats on the otherhand scratch you up, don't show you affection, always leave you when you need them. I mean come on guys, dogs are the obvious choice here right? Like this if i'm right :D

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    GoLdyLocKs, Dulciloquy and d0m like this.
  5. Doggo make big borks and make me ANGRY. Cat Meows are cute but Kitty go hacks in a corner and is disgusting. Plus both of them lick their unmentionable which I find atrocious.

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    GoLdyLocKs, UwUBladings and d0m like this.
  6. I like cats a lot too but I could never own one because sadly I'm allergic :(

Although I respect your opinion, I will point out that some things about dogs are not always true. My dog is very quiet and rarely barks, but she does lick my face if she gets the chance. If I'm upset, then my dog will curl up beside me, and that makes me feel better. She won't try to make things worse if I'm not having a good day. Also, for some people, having a pet that requires more energy is a good thing. If you're trying to make it a point to get more exercise, then you should get a dog because they need to be walked every day. If you're really active you might prefer a dog over a cat because you can take dogs on walks, camping trips, or hunting trips.

Overall, I think that choosing a favorite really depends on each individual dog or cat you have because each different dog or cat has its own personality.

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    d0m and _Prof_ like this.
  7. And where has that tongue been? Just saying

Posted Aug 14, 2019
  8. They're both good.

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  9. Dogs are better, you tweakin

Posted Aug 15, 2019
  10. Dogs are a mans best friend, and they truly are! I prefer dogs because you have more freedom with dogs. You can walk a dog and go play chase or catch with a dog. However you cannot do that with a cat. No offense, but cats kind of just sit somewhere, and maybe will play with one or two toys when they are kittens. But when you have a dog you can do the same thing you could do with them as puppies. A personal story with my cat is, one day we let the cat outside and left it alone outside for a few minuets. We came back a few minuets later and it was gone.... No sign of it anywhere (keep in mind we let are cat outside for a few minuets to let it get some fresh air and left for a few minuets to go inside). But going to a dog story. One day my dog got its leash off and started running away. Fortunately, I was good at running, at the time at least, and I ended up catching it before it got too far. I'm not saying that I do not like cats in general because I do. My opinion is just that I prefer a dog over a cat!

Posted Aug 15, 2019
  11. ruff > meow

Posted Aug 15, 2019
    rexh17 likes this.
  12. I really cant have an opinion. I like both cats and dogs a lot.

Posted Aug 15, 2019
  13. I own a cat and a dog. I prefer my cat though. My cat just fits my personality, my dog is somewhat annoying. Cats are just lazy and thats just.. how i am, im lazy as hell. so, yes

ruff = meow

Posted Aug 15, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  14. Human>ruff

Posted Aug 15, 2019
    rexh17 likes this.
  15. I honestly have no interactions with cats other than my cousin which I visit often, but I never actually see their cat so I can't say that dogs are better but in my opinion I think they're both cute. My dogs are really nice and I don't really see any downsides of having them. I think that dogs and cats are just equal in my opinion and I don't believe any of the two species should be considered better than the other but that's just me.

Posted Aug 15, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  16. I mean it all really depends on what type of person you are and what your lifestyle is like, so there is no better animal to have over another. It all depends on who you are.

Like for me personally, a cat just fits better with my personality and lifestyle better than a dog would. I've had dogs and cats before, now it's just cats. I'd rather be left alone most of the day and have to get up as little as possible, so a cat is just perfect for me. My cats all like to go outside in the backyard with me and just relax. Everytime I brought one of my dogs outside, they wanted to play and go wild, not to mention they usually need to go on walks, which just isn't my thing. My cats do give me love at the most random times like my dogs did, but they don't get slobber all over me like most dogs would. They just want to be pet and rub up against everything.

So yea, a cat just fits better with my lifestyle, personality, and who I am/what I like. Dogs, and literally any other animal, can fit anyone just as much as cats fit me.

Posted Aug 15, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  17. Hey!

I personally disagree with this post, even though I think cats are cute and fluffy, I personally am a big dog person. You’ve made some great points about why cats are good pets, these are my points supporting dogs being even better:

They are always by your side - I have found with cats that they always run away and aren’t always at home with you. Dogs, they are constantly there by your side, when you want to walk them, they’re there ready to go, but with cats they leave whenever they want and if you want to snuggle up with them at night, chances are they’re outside or on the streets.

More playful - I find that dogs love running around, being very active and love playing games. Cats won’t come to the park with you and fetch balls when you throw them, whereas dogs with be eager to chase the ball at the park or run down the street with you.

More loyalty - this will be debatable, but in my opinion, dogs are more loyal. They are always by your side, when they think something is wrong, they will bark. I have even heard of dogs saving peoples lives, like if someone is sick they may realise and start barking. They also make great companions to people with disabilities, and the police!!

These are my top three reasons but I respect your opinion and believe you have made some valid points. Great post idea!

Posted Aug 16, 2019
    Yato and _Prof_ like this.
  18. I also agree that you made some good points, and cats are pretty cute and fluffy, but what I've learned from getting a pitbull bite, is that cat's have sharper teeth meaning that if you get bit, you have a higher chance of getting stitches, rather than a dog. Dogs do have stronger jaws, meaning that you can break bones from a dog bite, but I feel like getting bit by a cat, then getting stitches would be worse.

Also, I do have a dog, meaning that I'm a little bit biased for dogs because I've never owned a cat before, but I feel like dogs are more friendly than cats, I've only been attacked by a dog once, but been attacked by cats multiple times in my life.

And @AyyNick gave some good explanations of why dogs are superior, which I ultimately agree with. Well, hopefully this debate gets sorted out. :D

Posted Aug 16, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  19. Look at my profile picture. What do you see? What is it?
    For that reason I am going to give 3 reasons why dogs are better than cats.
    Disclaimer:I’m not dissing on cats because I really love both cats and dogs, I just love dogs a lot more
    1. Less Whiney
    Cats want everything when they want it and how they want it. Whether it’s food, affection or even WHERE YOU PET THEM they get triggered if you do it even slightly wrong why dogs are way more easy-going about them
    2.You can do more with a dog.
    A shortlist of things you can do with your dog:
    Walk it
    Play with it
    Train it to participate in competitions
    Go hunting with it
    Give it treats
    Etc.
    You can’t do too much with a cat
    3.More Variety

dogs come in a ton of different shapes, sizes, personalities and many more while cats are more or less very similar
    4. (Bonus one)
    Dogs are more affectionate

Posted Aug 19, 2019 at 12:37 PM
    OakStairs likes this.
  20. I am a big cat person but I personally like dogs too. The reason I just like cats (I'm planning on getting 2 maybe soon idk) is that they're literally the cutest creature imo... I just imagine a cat sitting on my lap and purring and how relaxing that would be - also, cat purring has been shown to promote healing, so if you're the type to get injured a lot just get a cat...

Posted Aug 19, 2019 at 12:54 PM
    _Prof_ likes this.