• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6099 Players Online
  • 3209 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why cant draw my thing be on bedrock edition?

Discussion in 'Draw My Thing' started by Angry_Balloon, Jun 8, 2019.

?

what do you think?

1. yes bedrock!

100.0%
  2. it can stay in java

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. from my individual experience, Mineplex is one of the outstanding and most entertaining servers I have been on in a long time!
    but there are some games missing that I think me, and others would enjoy on bedrock edition! today I will be talking about draw my thing, and the pros and cons of it
    being on bedrock edition.

first, we will start with the pros.

1) we all love the portability, so why not have it on the go? it is easy to access (just like the other games on mineplex).

2) me personally, love drawing and showing it off to others, I also love Minecraft! draw my thing is the perfect fit for me and probably other artists too!
    it would make me and other Minecrafters to be able to do all that on the go!

3) a lot more players, I mean a lot. there are thousands of people like me who love Minecraft and drawing! mineplex would be able to tap into a whole new range of players drawers!

now on to the cons.

1) I can see why they haven't done it yet, or ever will. games like that aren't the best for touch screen devices. it would be pretty hard to cramp all that amazing stuff onto that phone of yours! (unless you have a tablet).

2) may be too many people? not just any people, hackers! with more players more hackers. there thousands of ios and android clients that might ruin the experience for others.
    and nobody like a hacker.

3) windows players! There are many, many windows players who don’t have java and love drawing! (I am on a Mac)

sadly, this is the end of my post. but I hope you enjoyed my reasoning of why we should have, or not have draw my thing on bedrock edition!

:mineplex:

-Angry_balloon

Posted Jun 8, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 8, 2019
  2. Herro!

I agree it should be ported to bedrock! DMT is a fun gamemode, and it has been made without a resource pack in the past (frankly I wish it still had none). Also something to consider is that bedrock is not just the mobile version, but also the Windows 10 and XBox version as well, so it isn't purely limited to touchscreen.

Overall, +1 from me!

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    Angry_Balloon likes this.
  3. Oh yeah almost forgot! Thanks. I also think it should be on windows. I was just thinking about mobile because I usually assume people on pc have java but yeah, I agree to!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 8, 2019
  4. I personally have never played on Bedrock, but I think this is probably the one Java game that has the most potential if implemented on the Bedrock platform. You might think drawing on a small device could be hard, but it’s actually easier than fighting and keeping up with other things, at least based on my experience with drawing on mobile.

The most difficult part would probably be typing out the word fast compared to those that are playing on a computer - plus let’s not forget the amount of players that do not speak English on Bedrock and have to guess with English words.

As for hackers.. they’re really not that common on Java either (for DMT at least), so I doubt there could be a mass invasion of those on Bedrock unless I’m missing something.

I think the potential is good, and the difference between mobile players vs computer players shouldn’t be as strong as in pvp games, however it should probably be all double checked with production and the bedrock developers.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    Angry_Balloon likes this.
  5. I personally would love to see draw my thing go on bedrock. It's a very fun gamemode to play on java so I don't see why players on bedrock shouldn't enjoy it as well! My only problem with this though, as @coralines said above, is the difference in typing between all the platforms. People using windows 10 version of minecraft might have it easier than people using a phone or an Xbox controller.

If there was a way to somehow fix this, then I'd be all for it! maybe once you type out a word, there's a wait limit of about 3-4 seconds before you're able to take another guess. This would give players on different platforms a chance type out their guesses too.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  6. Hello, hello!

A lot of games on Java won't/haven't made their way to our Bedrock Edition because of playability and performance concerns. Bedrock Edition hosts a much larger variety and number of clients so the game design process must always be deliberate and carefully tested to suit all our platforms. DMT is a wonderful game, but, as you acknowledged in your original post, it may pose difficulties on our mobile clients.

Overall, I'm not inherently opposed to Development exploring this idea, but right now I'd rather see them work on bug-fixes and performance improvements before developing any more games.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  7. Although I with @ClqssyOwl that developers should work on fixing bugs on bedrock first, I would love to see this added to Bedrock.+1 from me

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  8. yes, @Code Chungus and @ClqssyOwl. I forgot to take that into consideration, this is my first post after all. other than that thanks for the feed back!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2019