• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6890 Players Online
  • 6890 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Why are Mineplex games so hard?

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Games' started by Thameslink Rail, Feb 10, 2021.

1. So I've started playing on Mineplex in the last couple of days and I've found every game I've tried to be too difficult
    On Turf Wars I keep getting killed often before I even get onto the turf and I rarely hit anyone
    On Sky Wars I either try going to the next island and get killed trying to get onto it or I stay on my island and someone comes over to me and kills me
    On Mob Arena I get killed very quickly.
    It feels like everyone else has more powerful weapons and more accurate aim and better armour than me
    What am I doing wrong?

Posted Feb 10, 2021
  2. Hello!
    Sorry, there's nothing you can do about this but practice. Practice your aim so you can snipe people in Turf. Practice your PvP so you can win in Skywars. Improve your purchasing sequence in Mob Arena so you can survive longer. You aren't doing anything wrong, you just need to get better.

If you play on mobile, it might be a bit extra tough though.

Posted Feb 10, 2021
    20LeeBrian1, yvuggu and CloudyDay1234 like this.
  3. Like @CloudXYZ15 said theres nothing you can really do but practice. Thats how everyone learns after a while of getting killed you'll realize their strat and use that same strat against them. PvP isn't something that most people just pick up it takes a minute to get used to. Also if you have any friends on Mineplex I'd recomend playing with them, the game is much easier with multiple people.

Posted Feb 10, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 and CloudyDay1234 like this.
  4. So first off, I do play on mobile. I have talked to a few friends and they say that I am losing because I am on mobile so I can't always see the screen and where I am facing/shooting. They also say I am disadvantaged by having bad internet, I usually get around 1MB/s download so I am quite laggy.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 10, 2021
    CloudyDay1234 likes this.
  5. Hello!

Welcome to Mineplex! I am glad that you are choosing this server and are trying out our games. As the two others said above, the only way to improve is practice. When I first started, I was confused at first, but I watched other people and just practiced. Being good at games don't come instantly, so I suggest that you just take some time and try and you will improve soon. Playing on mobile is a disadvantage, but you can still be a good player. I used to be a mobile player, too, and I can definitely say that it's harder than computer. However, a good amount of Mineplex players do play on mobile, and even though it isn't as advantaged as controllers or computers, it is not the main reason why you are losing. Like Kight said, it is easier to play with friends and people you know, as they help you, motivate you and you can learn from them. I suggest that you read over the Mineplex Guides of the forums at https://www.mineplex.com/forums/mineplex-guides.52/, as they share techniques and strategies to help you. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do about lag, and lag can get really in the way of gameplay, especially during PvP. Hope this helped!

- Cloudy Day

Posted Feb 10, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 10, 2021
    Fusafez, Ryan9116 and CloudXYZ15 like this.
  6. Your problem is you are on mobile. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do but practice no matter where you play there is always going to be a better or more experienced player. Most people who play have a keyboard and mouse or a controller leaving you on mobile with little chance. this cannot really be fixed like everyone else has said the more you practice and play and gain understand of the game the better you will do. Good luck in your future games!

Posted Feb 10, 2021
  7. Thanks for the responses, I've spent the last hour practicing but getting nowhere, one question I do have is:
    I decided to not bother with the chests on my island and instead got one stack of wood out and started building to the next island. By the time I got there, there was already someone on it and they had a diamond sword. How did they get onto that island and get a diamond sword so quickly?

OP OP
    yvuggu and CloudyDay1234 like this.
  8. I suggest learning how to speed bridge. More advanced SkyWars players may only loot blocks out of the spawn island, as if they are quick enough, they can get the valuable gear first. I suggest to learn to speed bridge. This method involves tapping in front of your block as you walk/sprint. If you can get to the bigger islands quickly enough, you won't have to face getting killed and instead be the one who kills others. I suggest to watch YouTube videos for speed bridging on mobile. Remember, practice is the only way to improve, and this applies to bridging. Hope this helped!

Posted Feb 10, 2021
  9. It very simple most people, including me only get the blocks out of the chest and then speed bridge to the next island and open the chest there which almost always has at least a diamond sword and Armour. And since you are on mobile by the time you get there it is no shock they would already have such items. the only solution to this is to practice more as said before. learn to be quicker, If you have more questions you can message me or continue to use this thread. also if you were wondering what a speed bridging is or how to do it, simply look it up on you tube or if for some reason that you can not do that I can help you!

Posted Feb 10, 2021
  10. So some other people are suggesting that you practice. But before you practice, you should learn more about the games that you play. Understand them by watching others play. Learn the best strategies for those games. Then, you can begin to practice skills like strafing, good aim, and bridging(YouTube is so important for this, and there are a few other skills that I didn't mention here). Optimize your Minecraft Settings. Reduce lag even on an old device by using an fps boosting resource pack, which you can find a lot of on YouTube and turn Smooth Lighting off, Beautiful Skies off, and Render Distance low to reduce more lag.

Windows 10 has an advantage against pocket edition, granted, but it's possible to be a good pocket edition player, it's just that it takes more effort. Since Mineplex has unique knockback and stuff, you won't gain much from strictly pvp practice servers except aim and getting better at strafing, no fun though because most people will, frankly, combo you to frustration. So just play Mineplex and practice on it while keeping these things in mind.

Oh and if you're curious, it's true that you should take the blocks from a chest on the starter island right away, build to semi-mid, and you go from there depending on what your strategy is, maybe to mid, maybe taking out your neighbor islands, maybe something else.

Edit: Get Good isn't the answer by the way, their question is how do you they get good. It's like someone asking how to build a snowman and someone saying build a snowman.

Posted Feb 10, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 10, 2021
    Mothy, Serotonin and zuk like this.
  11. y was my reply deleted tf

Posted Feb 10, 2021
  12. Ok, thanks for the advice. I've been playing further games and I've won twice without killing anyone!

OP OP
    Serotonin likes this.
  13. Best of luck!

Posted Feb 10, 2021
  14. Happy to see a new Mineplex player <3

Posted Feb 10, 2021
  15. Hey, many people already said this but as a mobile player it is much more difficult - on Bedrock, you are playing against not only other mobile players but console players and pc players which have a bigger advantage overall. That being said, if you want to continue grinding pvp games then by all means go for it and practice as much as you can, however you should use mobile advantages as best as you can, eg. speed bridging features, which were also mentioned before. I see in some of your replies that you had a good game - congrats! Just keep at it and don't let losses bring you down.

Mob Arena is one of my favourite games on Bedrock for sure, and I don't focus too much on the fighting part. The most important part of MA is to take your time. You have to make sure all of the mobs spawn and run around in circles around the map with them behind you. Then, while remaining patient, you can try to fight them when you have them all under control while still running. it's difficult to do on mobile - but you do have a team so just focus on controlling the hoard and hitting here and there.

Anyways, I'd suggest trying games that might be a bit easier to play while still practicing Skywars, Turf Wars, etc. You should try Master Builders or Speed Builders, they are pretty easy to play on mobile, especially Speed Builders, and they're quite enjoyable too. You don't have to be good at building at all for SB since it is a memory game - so you should try it out. You can also check out the Mineplex Guides section of the forums for some game guides with tips that might be helpful for you.

Moving back to pvp games - for Turf Wars, don't stress about dying too much. TF isn't really a game where you will only die once or twice. Chances are, you're going to die a bunch of times especially when starting out and that's completely fine. You have to move around in the game a bit, though, and build your defences. Stay back, not at the enemies turf but safely at yours, and try your best to hit your shots by peaking and quickly shooting.

Anyways - that's all I have for now - let me know if you have any more questions, and feel free to add me on Bedrock by doing /f MaeveStar8161 and we can play some games together :)

Posted Feb 10, 2021
    CloudyDay1234 likes this.
  16. Hi, is there a player here who goes by the name "bid equation" or knows this person?
    I was just in a game with them and we were the only two left, he came to me, noticed that my equipment was inferior to his and gave me all of his spare stuff. If you are reading this then
    Thank You

OP OP
    Jet Starglaze and MC_Minium like this.
  17. love that for bid equation

Posted Feb 10, 2021
    MC_Minium likes this.
  18. hey! i checked your level to see that you're level 14. i am guessing you started playing mineplex very recently? well, mineplex is different than any other server (pvp wise) and it can take a little while to get used to. you will learn in no time though and maybe get on some leaderboards in the near future? the more you play, the better you get! if you plan on getting better at pvp, then i most definitely suggest skywars solo as majority of its players are mobile. there is the most hackers too but if you gather evidence of a clip of that person hacking, you can report it at mineplex.com/reports. if you are wanting to get better at parkour, then i highly suggest housing as some players make really good and challenging parkour. the more parkour you do, the better you will get at that too.

Posted Feb 11, 2021
  19. Hey, not sure if you're still looking for responses on this thread, but I see you're still trying to find your footing here and I think I could help.

With Turf Wars, it's basically an archer battle, so maybe try some bow practice in a private world if you want to get better at that.

Mob Arena is one of my favorite games here, and for that game, you're basically trying to prepare for an ever-strengthening horde of mobs.

If you're ever needing a break from combat style games, there's games like Dragons, where you run away from a bunch if Ender Dragons, and Speed Builders, my personal favorite, where you have to quickly memorize a build and recreate it. Ultimately, practice is key, but I have faith that you'll find what you're good at.

Good luck, and welcome to Mineplex!

Posted Feb 11, 2021
    yvuggu and CloudyDay1234 like this.
  20. Hey, I know how it feels being new with all these experienced players in the game but welcome to the server! :D

With Skywars, many players don't hang around at their island, usually just getting blocks and rushing to mid where there is better loot (this is where they can access diamond items and enchants) which might be why it seems like they are much more equipped then you.

Hope this helps

Posted Feb 11, 2021