• 342 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7204 Players Online
  • 6862 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Who even is this guy (dog pictures)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TheArrowsShadow, Oct 17, 2021.

?

You clicked because of the dog pictures, didn't you

1. yes

85.7%
  2. no, but I'm lying

14.3%
  1. Hey there! You definitly clicked on this thread for the dog pictures dont lie :P

So, you’ve probably seen me around on the forums, or maybe even on the bedrock server (the chances of you seeing me on the java server are extremely slim because I’ve literally logged in like twice.) I figured it’s about time I re-did my introduction since the last time I made one was last October, back in 2020 when I first became a Trainee. Crazy huh? I’ve been on the staff team for a year now :0

Here is a link to my first introduction, so you can see what’s changed: Greetings! | Mineplex

You can find my full Mineplex History here: Arrow's Mineplex History Doc

I kind of tend to go a bit overboard on things like this so there’s gonna be a summery at the bottom of this thread if you don’t feel like reading this entire thing haha

“Who are you?”

That is a wonderful question, and if you figure it out, please let me know :D

Here’s some standard information about me, a little bit about myself if you will.
    My name is Arrow, I am now 18 (yay I made it) and I’ve been a Bedrock staff member for almost a year! My pronouns are he/him, but you can also use they/them as I don’t really mind too much. I never have any idea what's going on, so if you’re looking to have a decent conversation with me, politics are really not the way to go- or current events either to be honest- I’m too hyper focused on other things… like my dog. Some other standard information about my Mineplex identity- I’m on 5 different leaderboards in total- across both this account and my alt account, NotArrowsShadow which I use for YouTube recording and Twitch streaming and stuff (The mod tag targeting gets very old very fast haha)

“How do you spend your time on Mineplex?”

Well like I said, I’m a moderator on the bedrock platform (I’m sorry java mains but deep down we all know the bedrock server is better smh)
    You can usually find me on Turf Wars with my friends or you can find my alt account on Sky Wars, either solo or with a buddy as I’ve recently stepped into the PvP world for content purposes and found that I actually really liked it.

Gonna copy and paste from my history doc since that’s easier but here are the leaderboards I am/was on- at my highest recorded place and when I achieved that place:

[Main] Turf Wars #3 May. 11th 2021

Castle Defense #3 ~Nov. 2020

Cake Wars [Solo] #7 ~Jan. 2020-21

Bomb Lobbers #44 ~Jan. 2020-21

Sky Wars Teams (NotArrow) #40 Oct. 16th 2021

I am also the 79th Level 100 on Bedrock- It wasn’t something that I totally strived for, and honestly it wasn’t really worth the wait. It ended up being a side effect of playing Turf so much (I think I’m the 5th level 100 to main Turf, but don’t quote me on that) and wasn’t really a goal until the very end, when I was like level 98 or something haha

I have had several accounts on the network since 2016, which is when I first stepped into the server, and since then my main right now is probably “NotArrowsShadow” since I probably spend the most weekly playtime on it, but I still refer to it as my alt, as I am a moderator as TheArrowsShadow and have priorities there that come first.

"Do you have any goals in the future?"

Only a few things come to mind when I get asked this, and I just kind of want to hit either 200 subscribers on YouTube or 100 followers on Twitch by the end of the year. Ultimately, I'm just doing it for fun and to make content for other people but hey; big numbers = dopamine so I think that would be cool.

I do also want to get level 100 on my alt eventually, but like my main, its not much of a priority for me since my 100 was just a side affect of playing too much. If it happens it happens, I'm not going to go out of my way for it.

Other than that, I got on the subteam I wanted, RP, so I'm just focused on doing my work and growing my community.

In real life, I am currently getting ready to test for my third degree black belt, which means I'll have been doing mixed martial arts at my studio for over 8 years. It's a huge step for me and might be my last belt before I move out and go my own way, so it will be bitter sweet. Again, we'll find out when I actually get there what happens. I'm excited to see what the future holds regardless.

“What do you do outside of Mineplex?”

A lot of things, surprisingly. A lot of you on the forums, if you know me, probably know me either from me being a staff member or because you’ve seen my artwork or YouTube videos. Most of my time spent outside of Mineplex is at work, but in second place is drawing stuff, either out of sheer boredom or because someone asked me to.

Editing my videos for YouTube takes more time than I’d like to admit- and I don’t even do anything fancy- MAD respect to the people here on the forums that can make montages with awesome effects and music and timing and stuff because I don’t even know where to start haha
    Someone come and teach me I’ll make you art xD

If you mean “What do you do when you’re not online? Do you have a life?”
    The answer is no. No, I don’t. But! I have two dogs, and a lot of open space and woods so a lot of my time offline is spent chasing my dog to make sure he doesn’t roll in dead things. Sadly, he tends to do that anyway :(

Here is the mischief maker in question, don’t let the puppy eyes fool you:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My other dog is very big and very fluffy. She barks at empty corners and drools everywhere, but she's sweet so she’s forgiven. It would be great if she would let us sleep through thunderstorms instead of knocking every possible thing off the counters though.

The polar bear:

[​IMG]

So, not too much has changed from my last introduction, I don't think. (Totally not looking at it to remember how to write one of these things.) I’m still living in the Eastern Timezone in the US. I am still employed as a karate instructor- the only thing that’s really changed about that is I am now in the testing process, which means I’m just starting the “ranking up” process. This basically means that I’ve been a 2nd Degree Black Belt for long enough and I’ve learned my stuff to start the testing process to rank up to 3rd Degree. The testing process will be complete in May 2022, which I’m excited about.

My interests haven't changed too much either. My favorite games other than Mineplex are still Zelda and Assassin's Creed, but I haven't been playing those often (or at all) recently because I’ve been so busy with work and YouTube. I have however been playing more of a game called Ori and the Blind Forest which is a *beautiful* game and I love it so much.

My music always fluctuates but I’m still completely obsessed with Unlike Pluto and Imogen Heap. I think right now the song that I’m playing the most consistently is “Great Wall of China” by Billy Joel. I feel old saying that but hush I’m still basically a child.

So there you go, there is my updated “Hi I exist” post. Hopefully it wasn’t too boring to read- I bet a solid few people clicked, saw the WALL of text and dipped haha

If you want to contact me you can add me on Discord (Asylum#6780) or PM me here on the Forums as I’m pretty active so I’ll see it pretty quick (probably).

Thanks for reading! Have a great day o/

BONUS:
    Proof I’m good at art here is a bee

[​IMG]

TDLR
    Greetings! I’m Arrow, I’m 18, my pronouns are he/him (or they idc) and I’ve been a Mod for almost a year. I have two dogs, I do art for people and I listen to Unlike Pluto. I play Turf and Sky Wars too much. Don’t watch my Youtube Videos and definitely don’t look at my Twitch bc I’m a noob and you’ll just be disappointed. o/

EDIT
    Had to change my discord tag

Posted Oct 17, 2021,
    Last edited Oct 19, 2021
  2. Clicked on this for dog photos. Stayed for bee drawing. : )

Also Arrow BL pro

Posted Oct 17, 2021
    TheArrowsShadow likes this.
  3. 8 0erosnoly did not click for the dog pictures

Posted Oct 17, 2021
  4. super cool that you're the 79th person on bedrock to get lvl 100! such a cool achievement! I have yet to get lvl 100 on java, but just like you it's not a top priority. Super cool learning a bit more about you! :)

P.S. - you have really cute dogs

Posted Oct 17, 2021
  5. I love Zelda too. I can't wait for the second breath of wild to come out.

Posted Oct 17, 2021
  6. Arrow is not a pro but Arrow appreciates the compliment

Sureeee :P

Best of luck on your Level 100 adventure! It was certainly quite a ride for me haha

Thank you I love them to pieces

I've heard good things, but I haven't played the first one yet- well-
    I've played a few times on friend's switches but I havnt actually sat down with it and tried to played. My favorite is Twilight Princess, which I grew up with and adamantly stand by the fact that it is the best one haha
    What's your favorite Zelda game?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 19, 2021
  7. My favorite Zelda game is Breath of the Wild for sure. I like this game the most because of how much territory you have to explore, there is always something new to find.

Posted Oct 19, 2021
  8. Hi arrow!

I really like your photography, I think it's nice. My favourite picture out of the ones you took is definitely the 2nd one. The angle is really nice, the scenery compliments the main point of the picture, and much more. Also I must mention that the quality of the picture is quite clear, which also makes it very nice!

In the 1st picture I'd like to point out that I noticed you have quite a lot of sand in the terrain (in the background of the picture) where you live, I envy that a lot because I absolutely love sand, no matter what form or wherever it's at, it reminds me of the beach and I love it so much!

Also I want to say both your dogs are very pretty :D

Posted Oct 19, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  9. I've heard good things about it haha
    I always liked open worlds as well so I'm glad they made a Zelda one too!

Thank you! I took the pictures on my phone believe it or not. It's an old-ish one too so I'm surprised the camera is still this good... the battery certainly isn't haha

Where I live there is a lot of sand in the ground yes, which makes it really easy for this doggos to dig lots of trenches in the yard
    Those, combined with the walnuts that our trees drop = saying goodbye to your ankles!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 21, 2021
    LostShrimp13 likes this.
  10. Awww, that's just a cute doggo, and I can't believe you predicted my actions with clicking because of the dog picture how dare you-

In all seriousness, I've definitely seen you around and it's really nice that I got to know you more through this. You seem like a great person and it's amazing how you like art because I really like doing art as well! Also, what's your YouTube channel? I wanna see some of your videos they seem pretty cool. Moreover, how's it like doing karate? It's pretty impressive that you're almost a black belt, I mean that's a pretty big accomplishment, I bet you're really, really, really, good at karate to be getting that belt soon. After all, not everyone gets one, and it takes a lot of time, effort, and training to get one so dang.

Though how dare you to think bedrock is better than java-

Posted Oct 22, 2021
  11. I predicted the future >:D

I'm glad you like my art! That's good to hear. My YouTube channel is TheArrowsShadow, but I promise you're going to be disappointed haha

I actually already am a black belt- twice. I'm testing for my third :D
    And hopefully I'm somewhat good because I teach karate to kids, so I hoe they didn't hire the guy that didnt know anything ahahaha

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 22, 2021
    Kindnessaj likes this.