• 324 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2408 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Which game would you want brought back?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Liqhts, Jun 7, 2019.

?

Which game would you want brought back?

1. UHC

23.4%
  2. Wizards

16.0%
  3. Castle Siege

21.3%
  4. Castle Assault

2.1%
  5. MCL

6.4%
  6. TDM

5.3%
  7. Type Wars

7.4%
  8. OITQ Payload

2.1%
  9. Skyfall

9.6%
  10. Heroes of Gwen

6.4%
    • Light Advertisement
    uhc coz i don't wanna have to go onto -snip- to play it

and yes -snip- says -snip- when typed without spaces...

Posted Jun 8, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jun 8, 2019
  1. Definitely!

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  2. If I had to choose so would probably want Wizards to make a comeback! The reason being is that Wizards was a classic back when I played and I always thought it had a unique concept to it at the time.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  3. I would say MCL (from the list). MCL was a great game and I still wonder why it got removed. I would always get on Mineplex after school with all my friends and we would just grind MCL, and I am super sad that it's been gone. However, a gamemode that isn't on this list, is a gamemode I want back. Gem Hunters, without a doubt, was my favorite game. I loved Gem Hunters and I wish it never got removed. I would always just grind gems and play around with some other people on the little gamemode. The best part about it was that fact that you could log off and it saves. Gem Hunters was a great game.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  4. If I were to choose a game to be brought back, I would definitely say Wizards or Super Spleef!

Wizards was a very unique and creative game on Mineplex, and the texture pack made it such an experience! I used to love switching spells and fighting with the other players using my wands! If it were to be brought back, hopefully the issue of crashing when the texture pack was installed could be fixed so games ran more smoothly! I also used to love playing this game with my friends in real life, and we would always have showdowns and pretend we were in a Harry Potter-esque world!

However, Super spleef was my main game back when Mixed Arcade and the separate games were a big thing, racking up over 1000 wins! This was where I first met my online friends, and became apart of the Super spleef community! Over three years later, we have a discord server where reunions are held to keep the nostalgia and memories we had when playing the game alive! Those days were the good ol’ days, and really shaped my experience on Mineplex.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  5. Hey!

Like said above, I feel that either Castle Siege or MCL should make a big return! Those two games, I always found it interesting to me. They were definitely very smart and well designed games.

With Castle Siege, I feel it could make a return if new maps came back for it and the bugs being patched, along with the minimum players drop to twenty, it could definitely make a strong return!

With MCL, it's the only tower defense game that existed on Mineplex. From what I remember, it was pretty popular, and I enjoyed it. I feel if they fixed the bugs for this as well, it would be great! It felt very competitive and it was just an enjoyable game!

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  6. I would say Castle Siege and UHC, but I am afraid that both of these games may not likely to return to the server. I really miss playing both of these classic games which I feel like I want to play it again. It brought back the nostalgia four years ago. I used to play Castle Siege a lot before. When Castle Siege removed, I cannot be able to play it anymore. UHC was really competitive back then because I was not good at PvP in general.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  7. Actually, all games what you added to poll I want to see be brought back besides TDM & SF. All these games were original Mineplex's idea which makes them unique (besides of UHC). Most of them I've played a lot in 2016-2017. Sadly some games like TW, UHC, OITQP, MCL, Type Wars doesn't exist anymore on the network and it can be hard to bring them back as it will require to create them again.

The only game I want to highlight from all list is Heros of Gwen (MOBA) as this game was with a cool idea and unique for MC in its genre and I still haven't seen the same game on any other MC servers. The problems are that game was some unbalanced (but I believe it can be resolved if GI/Community will work closely to make it balanced) and Developer who created this sadly resigned (Sam aka Moppletop). This game was so liked by some part of our community (especially high-level players, Level 70+), just remember how there was a lot of threads on Enjin forums to bring it back. I've got most of my exp by this game to get Level 100. For a bit similar game to MOBA - MCL, I can give the same characteristic.

Also, I should say something about UHC as in the recent time it was requested to be brought back in some way. I wasn't a too big fan on this game but I know there were a lot of players who were playing UHC a lot. If you remember last summer Event Team was hosting UHC event to let people play UHC once a week and this event was quite popular, it was an attempt to bring back UHC. As I've already mentioned that UHC doesn't exist anymore on the network and Event Team is not possible to host it. Hourly UHC idea which was mentioned there, doesn't really sound good for me as I think it will still not so popular.

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  8. I would absolutely love to see Wizards be brought back because it was my favorite game at the time it was on the server. I always enjoyed the concept of the game; loot chests, get wands and cast awesome spells which all have unique and cool effects. There is another game which you can find in Nano games (called Nano Wizards). I personally enjoy the game as it reminds me of Wizards, but it still feels "empty", since it's not the original one, and doesn't contain all the awesome spells which the original one did.

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  9. I remember there's a minigame which is team versus minigame. You get to gather resources like iron and flint(gravel always drop flint, that's amazing) around your base. There are diamonds to grab in the middle and there are wither skeletons to kill for bonus effects. The objective is to kill the wither at your opponent's base. Do you guys know what is it called?

PS I remember it was ranked with Coal, Iron and that kind of stuff

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  10. Posted Jun 9, 2019
  11. Wizards and Castle Siege were pretty great!

I liked wizards because it was kinda like hunger games... but with a bunch of cool abilities.

As for castle siege... I really loved that game. I see why they took it off, I often had to host a server to play it. And even with a server you’d have to wait awhile to get a decent amount of players to play it.

I do believe you can still play these games with a server yes?

Posted Jun 10, 2019
  12. I made a thread on this, so I might as well go into greater depth here.

Castle Siege was always one of my favorite games on the server. Period. When I queued up into those lobbies, just the time spent waiting for people, saying "Oh, don't leave!" or sprinting around the grassy fields of the waiting rooms was just so memorable. Checking achievements, watching the player count in the lobby go up, or basically anything before the game started gave a good introduction to what I was about to play.

I would love to mentally strategize throughout the game, planning on everything I could see. Defender or undead, didn't matter. I just fought to the literal death against either team, having a blast while doing so. Picking up TNT or shooting arrows from high points gave me a sense of teamwork with my fellow players, and that we were all banding together at that one time. Even though we most likely had never seen each other before, it felt that one game let us know everything about each another.

The memories I've had of that game made me jokingly say "I am going to get a petition of 10,000 signatures to bring back Castle Siege" or try to win a game on a high player count MPS so I could choose Castle Siege and get the feeling I've had of the good old days. Ahh.

After I made the previously mentioned thread on its return, here was a quote from EmmaLie that @Hulk_ told me in response to the thread:

"Unfortunately, we won't be bringing back any of the removed games permanently. We understand that these games mean a lot to you and your community but the more games we have, the more complicated things get. Classics Cow might return at some point but we can't make any promises. If anyone has any questions or concerns, feel free to DM me on the forums."

Posted Jun 10, 2019
  13. Out of the options, I'd have to say I would like castle siege back. That was a game I used to play all the time and I found it to be really fun and enjoyable, though after playing it for a while I did find that it was very much so skewed towards the undead.
    Id love to see it back, especially with a rework and some changes, I think it would definitely get players playing castle siege again.

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  14. Without a single doubt in my mind, I want UHC back on the network. I remember the glory days of Mineplex when UHC lobby fills were common, and honestly, there isn't a lot I wouldn't give to have those days back. For those that don't realize what Mineplex UHC was like, I'd recommend you look up some old, 2015 Mineplex UHC highlights videos, you can just tell how fun it was to play UHC on the network.

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  15. I'd love Castle Siege to be brought back. I didn't play CS as much as some people, but I loved it a lot. The last update for CS was so great and was made using community suggestions. My most favourite thing about it was the community. It brought so many people together. There was a real sense of community. The CS community were so passionate. That is what I love in a game. I'm not great at pvp and I don't like to play very competitively so CS was great to just play and interact with people. I have so many memories from this game which I miss.

Realistically, I don't see it coming back, however I know that so many players love the game.

Posted Jun 11, 2019
  16. Yeah the community was very nice and fun in castle siege
    --- Post updated ---
    Need more opinions

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 18, 2019
  17. I'm going to have to agree with quite a few others on this post when I say Castle Siege! Castle Siege is honestly one of the best games that Mineplex has ever created, and I stand behind this one hundred percent. The last update to Castle Siege, as @BreezeBlockss had said, was so community focused and based on everything the community wanted to see on it. It's deeply saddening that the game got removed almost a day after the update was released. I remember how disappointed GI was, as they had worked very hard on that update, and I wish I, and many others, could've gotten to see how it would've improved the game. Despite the amount of hackers the game attracted, I do think that it was a wonderful game and people would be excited to see the game come back; improved and ready for players to enjoy.

Posted Jun 18, 2019
  18. Wizards for sure. Such a cool, unique gamemode that never got the love it deserved (by both LT and the general playerbase). Was also one of the few gamemodes that you could play and be successful at without being good at melee PvP, which was much appreciated in my trackpad days.

Posted Jun 18, 2019
  19. I would like Heroes of Gwen because I liked the kits and the style of kill the flag I guess.

Posted Jun 18, 2019