• 1065 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9503 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Which game would you want brought back?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Liqhts, Jun 7, 2019.

?

Which game would you want brought back?

1. UHC

23.4%
  2. Wizards

16.0%
  3. Castle Siege

21.3%
  4. Castle Assault

2.1%
  5. MCL

6.4%
  6. TDM

5.3%
  7. Type Wars

7.4%
  8. OITQ Payload

2.1%
  9. Skyfall

9.6%
  10. Heroes of Gwen

6.4%
  1. Many games have been removed from the server, which game would you want brought back?

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  2. From the list, I would want Castle Siege brought back. I see it has been asked about a lot after Mineplex switched to the Bedrock lobby. The main reason if was pushed back to MPSs only was because it was not getting enough players. From Mineplex's current state, it is not easy filling up games that need 50 players to start. Bare in mind that it never hurts to listen to the community, I believe Castle Siege can make a return if the amount of players required to start was decreased. I would start at 30 players, and then work my way up as Mineplex grows again. On the bright side, I do see Mineplex's player count slowly increasing again. Yesterday, I saw 2.5k players online in the evening. On a Thursday, it would have below 2k players if it were a month ago. I do not think this would hurt the server as long as Castle Siege needs less players to start.

There should also be some balancing updates surrounding Castle Siege. I notice the Undead win well over half the time. All I can think of right now is to make wolves start at full health instead of 2 hearts. Depending on if this game is intermediate or hardcore (certainly is not casual), the time should decrease to 8 minutes. Intermediate games should take several minutes at max.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Jun 7, 2019
    CZArkolan likes this.
  3. There isn't really a certain game that I desperately want back. I wanted paintball to return - which it did. :) Out of the options though I'd probably have to go with UHC. It's something that the community has been asking for a lot recently and I definitely see benefits to bringing it back. I don't remember playing it when it was around, so it would be cool to be able to now. I'm not sure about the other games on the list, but I really do think that it has the potential to be popular again.

Posted Jun 7, 2019
    Tweatzy likes this.
  4. Definitely Wizards and Type Wars.

Type Wars was by far my favourite game to bot, the XP grind was untrue. I wish relentless xp bots were re-enabled, currently the best is Draw My Thing, but it's not even close to be honest.

Wizards is actually an awesome game, one of the first PvP-ish games I began playing well, and the strategy you can employ in the game makes it really fun. It had some gameplay problems tbh, it sucks to be spawn-killed, and punching shouldn't do any damage at all, and there was a luck-factor because of how the loot in the chests played out: loot could be based on spells you already have, and how well everyone else in the game is doing, to make it so that people who open more chests still do better, but luck isn't as huge a factor.

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  5. It 100% has potential to be popular again. A lot of old Mineplex UHC players would probably come back to play it. Check out my thread here on how to make it popular if it does come back https://www.mineplex.com/threads/hourly-uhc.40777/

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 7, 2019
    Zipppo likes this.
  6. Castle Siege! I remember when the game first came out, and I could not stop playing it! Unfortunately, it was removed due to lack of interest, which is understandable with how many players were needed to start a game. I do hope the game sees a return in the future, but possibly with smaller lobby’s. :)

Posted Jun 7, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  7. I want all of them back :..(

I just won't let go of those fun, precious games

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  8. Personally, if given the choice, I would choose Mineplex Competitive League [MCL]. That game to me was super fun and I enjoyed playing it a lot. I actually met one of my best friends, @natesbait, through the gamemode and we've been friends since [3 years strong!]. Besides that though, the game was just genuinely something that interested me and I found myself playing it constantly throughout the year that it was open to the public before being removed. As for community-wise, I'd probably have to agree with others above and say that UHC would be awesome to bring back because it's been getting a lot of buzz lately and I've seen a lot of idea threads that contain players asking for UHC back.

Posted Jun 7, 2019
    natesbait, HeyItzSteve and DeMotD like this.
  9. In my opinion, I'd love to have MCL back as a gamemode. I absolutely loved the gamemode when it was on the network, and a lot of my friends did as well. I think that it would fit nicely with the server's now smaller player base as a good chunk of the active players are competitive PvPers. The game had a lot of strategy linked to it as well, despite its simple natural at the surface. It is and always will be one of my favorite gamemodes, and I would love to see it return. It did have its fair share of bugs tho, especially with the ELO system that never quite worked. If it were to return, I'd want these bugs to be ironed out for a better and more competitive experience.

Posted Jun 7, 2019
    Wiz_Techno likes this.
  10. Hey!

I think I’d want castle siege to return, but as it requires a lot of players to actually play it, I don’t think it can really return until that’s altered. It had a really great concept, but the dwindling player count and popularity of the game mode led to its downfall. As always, we have to look to the future, and maybe bringing these old games back isn’t a good thing.

Posted Jun 7, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  11. Hey there,

Honestly, the game that I'd like to see return the most is MCL. MCL was probably one of the most fun game-modes that I have ever played on the server. I loved queuing with friends, and just working together to destroy our opponent's towers. I believe I enjoy this game the most out of the other options because of the coordination required to be successful in the game. If it ever were to come back, it would definitely be something I'd play often.

Posted Jun 7, 2019
    DeMotD likes this.
  12. Hey, great question!

UHC most definitely! I sucked at the game mode but I still had so much fun playing it. I made a lot of friends on there and I would love for it to come back. Sure it took FOREVER for the map to load it, and lost its players, but I believe the wonderful Mineplex developers and bring the game back better than ever!

Thank you for reading. :)

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  13. Honestly, I would love to see Wizards make a return. No bias here but the game was underappreciated and super fun. My brother and I used to play it so much in my MPS and it saddened me that the rest of the community didn't find it as fun and interesting as we did. I think that with a good update, the game could be successful once again.
    Secondly, I would love to see Castle Seige return mostly because it was the first game on Mineplex. To depreciate a game such as CS is in my eyes removing an integral part of Mineplex's history which is one of the reasons I think it would do great with a revamp and maybe the player count to get the game started halved.

THanks
    Techno

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  14. I would love for Heroes of GWEN to return. It is true that the game was quite unbalanced and it had a lot of bugs, but with priority, it could be such a good game. I remember coming home and getting into a call with my friends to play the game. It was such a good exp source. I also really want to see what other heroes they had in store and they never released.

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  15. Since Bawk Bawk Battles isn't listed in this poll, I chose Skyfall. Loved that game. I can understand why it might be hard to bring back (1.9 features but 1.8 combat mechanics), though.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  16. I would like to see “Wizards” make a comeback,
    And one thing that is not on the list one of my favorite games “The Strike Games”
    and for those of you that don’t know what it was...
    Long story short it was a crossover between the “Survival Games” and “MineStrike” and as I said I would like to see it make a comeback!

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  17. Most of the games on here had redeemable factors to them, but if I were to choose, I'd say either Skyfall, Wizards, or Castle Siege. Wizards particularly because so little was done with it, and it's basically Production's fault it was deprecated. To Mineplex's credit, they did try to do something with Castle Siege, but like with most updates, it didn't do enough to address some underlying issues with the game that were keeping it from top tier status. As for Skyfall, it was 1.9+, and though a solid concept and pretty fun to play, most people are going to avoid it simply for that reason.

In a perfect world, we could have all of them back, but sadly, we do not live in a perfect world.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  18. Bawk bawk batlles. alot of people will compare it with Nano but if u really played both alot its not at all.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  19. There is no doubt in my mind that MCL should return to the server. It was a gamemode that I thoroughly enjoyed and had a lot of fun getting achievements and making friends.

It was the first tower defense style game on Mineplex and is definitely my favorite one. Games like "Heroes of Gwen" or "Castle Assult" were fun, but in my opinion, they didn't feel like Mineplex and just had either parties taking over lobbies making it impossible to play or in the case of HOG limiting a players to one character per team just didn't work out and I would see a lot of people leaving games.

If you don't know what MCL is or have never played it, here's a video that was made which talks about the gamemode:

I genuinely think it deserves a place here at Mineplex, with some bug fixes and updates.

To fix the hacker problem just have two versions of the game a standard mode and competitive mode and add a level requirement to play competitively. Level 20 should allow most players on the network to enjoy the game and restrict the number of blatant hackers and for those who don't quite meet the requirement, they would only be allowed to play standard mode.

The only difference between standard and competitive would be the elo system, the same way that practice servers have ranked and unranked versions of each game type, your elo wouldn't go up or down if you just played standard. This would mean (for the most part) players in competitive would be able to play and build their elo without hackers being able to affect them.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    SadLoli and skarm like this.
  20. I think UHC would be the best game to bring back! I loved UHC when it was out, it was a great challenge and was a lengthy game, so I could easily spend an hour in one intense fun game, without having to change lobbies etc. Definitely UHC from me! C:

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    FrostbiteXD likes this.