• 1842 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4421 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Which chest is best for trying to get effects?

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by AsianDynasty699, Jan 7, 2019.

?

Which chest is the best to obtain an effect?

1. noble chest

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. royal chest

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. imperial chest

12 vote(s)
    92.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alright, So I have been grinding on skywars a lot recently. And because of my lack of knowledge I have on the chest and cosmetics systems, I'm wondering which chest is the most capable of pulling an effect (trail/particle effect around your character) Also I'm kind of confused on how they work. I remember getting a free chest and opening it, I got to choose multiple chests. Did I keep all of them, or was it only the first one I choose? Thanks for checking out my off topic thread/forum. (bedrock edition is the version I'm on, although it may be the same for both java too)

[​IMG]

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  2. Hey AsianDynasty,

The Imperial crate is the crate that is most likely to have you obtain a new cosmetic that you haven’t had before. This crate has a 100% chance to get a new cosmetic (besides the old holiday cosmetics) which means that you can only open 1/8 of the reward chests but you’ll get a new cosmetic every time.

The Noble and Royal crate allow you to pick 4/8 of the reward chests which is what you are referring to most likely. You keep all of the rewards obtained from any of the crates you open. You’re also able to view your cosmetics by clicking/tapping the paper in your inventory hot bar which will load the GUI for your cosmetics, these can include particles, pets, costumes, etc.

The crate systems between the two platforms are similar. Old, Ancient, and Mythical treasures on Java being equal to Noble and Royal crates Bedrock, the Illuminated treasure on Java is the equivalent to the Imperial crate on Bedrock, and the Holiday themed chests on Java equal the Trick or Treat bags on Bedrock. The few things that are different between the two systems is that Bedrock crates give a lot more gadget amounts than Java while Java has a lot more cosmetics to unlock overall. I hope I addressed all of your concerns, feel free to PM me if you have anymore questions or concerns!

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  3. Heyo @SoulHardy
    I do have another question, what are the advantages of choosing a royal chest over a noble chest? They both bull 4/8 rewards although does a royal chest pull rewards from certain categories of cosmetics or are they exactly the same but 10,000 shards different in price. Also thank you so much for teaching me the crate systems :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 7, 2019
  4. Good question, the main difference is the amount of rewards you get and the rarity of the rewards. The Noble crate will have a more likely chance to give common and rare cosmetics with low amounts while the Royal crate will have a more likely chance to give uncommon and legendary cosmetics in high amounts. I’d only open these crates though after you get all of the cosmetics from the Imperial crate.

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    bedrockbestrock likes this.
  5. I've moved this thread to MCO/Bedrock Discussion since this thread is more suitable for this section. I think SoulHardy gave a good answer, I unfortunately can't help you since I'm not very immersed with Bedrock, so I'll leave this thread open for further discussion. :)

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    soulhardy likes this.
  6. Appreciate the move to the correct place @xUmbrella, I tested each chest before my response was sent regarding the difference question. The only differences the two crates have from the results were different amounts and rarities for the cosmetics, and the fact that one crate is 10,000 shards more than the other. I hope that answers your question @AsianDynasty699!

Posted Jan 7, 2019
    bedrockbestrock and xUmbreon like this.
  7. I'd suggest buying Royal crates since you don't have a rank which means that the amount of shards you earn from games is not multiplied. Imperial are pretty expensive, and you don't get as many Cosmetics. Royal crates give more cosmetics while also giving higher rarity items.

Posted Jan 7, 2019
  8. Hey! I used to grind cosmetics without a rank (I got the rank rather recently at lvl 75 because it expanded my friends list lol) and I would 100% recommend saving up your shards and only buying imperial crates — it’s worth it. From my experience, noble crates and royal crates typically give you morphs, party bombs, pets, and other things like that. Occasionally you may also get a costume piece. I think that particles are only found in imperial crates (not absolutely sure but pretty sure), though arrow trails and death effects/animations may be found in royal crates.

Hope this was helpful!

Posted Jan 7, 2019