• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5116 Players Online
  • 5116 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Where's Clans?

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Daye, Jan 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I feel like you're still missing the point. Mineplex is clearly in need of more developers, and despite receiving offers from several dev's to work for them (some of them even for free), Mineplex still refuses to take anybody on to the team. Are you saying that these dev's should've applied through the link you provided due to formalities? If they had would they have been brought on either way? Obviously not, formalities have nothing to do with it, and if they did, then Mineplex clearly has its priorities mismatched anyway. The server is being offered help from overqualified developers and still refuses to accept it... because it is its own business? What the hell is that even supposed to mean lmao. There is no reason and I think you know that.

Addressing the other thing you said, I really don't think you understand anyone's frustration. You're given information that we, for some reason, aren't. Whats with the secrecy? It's not like the information you're given is top tier classified stuff either. It could be made public but it's been chosen not to. Even if the information is completely trivial, having it is better than not having it. The hush hush policy is garbo and only serves to distance the server from the community. A lack of communication is the quickest way to kill a server, but in hindsight seeing as the servers already dead, I guess there's no reason to remedy that problem either. If I'm missing something then please point it out.

Posted Jan 31, 2021
    sedn likes this.
  2. bump

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 3, 2021
    sedn likes this.
  3. Funnily enough, the February edition of the Mineplex Newsletter actually interviewed Flaym about some changes happening for Clans in 2021, which you can read about in the link I left below. Also, Alex has definitely leaked a thing or two in the MPD when sometimes asked about how Clans is going. As for estimates, a lot of people already got into that and why an estimate of the release can't be given out to the public. I'm not going to say I understand anyone's frustration considering I don't even really play Clans, but I definitely empathize with the ones who do; however, that still doesn't change the fact that the staff team is just given information that can't be released to the public. Honestly, having been on the staff team, I can say that a lot of information isn't public just because things can take a turn at any time. There might be ideas thrown out that are considered by the dev and LT team to implement on the server, and then suddenly they're not. And if shared publicly with players on the server, it can cause a lot of inconsistency (more than there already is) regarding updates. It's not intentional on the staff team's part to seem very secretive, it's just to prevent any chaos in all honesty. Furthermore, since we're also talking about dev and resources, from what I know, Mineplex is constantly looking for developers, but they're not going to bring in applicants onto the team just because they applied. They want candidates that match the skill set they're looking for, whether it be for GWEN or backend, so it's not that Mineplex doesn't have the capability or resources to hire new developers, it's rather the availability of the ones they're specifically looking for.

Posted Feb 3, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 3, 2021
  4. i found clans it is on mineplex

Posted Feb 3, 2021
    nndy and nottodisappear like this.
  5. a lot of GAMERS left clans for a while

Posted Feb 3, 2021
  6. I was told that clans would reset on the next big update which is Soon according to a sign in Lobby-1[​IMG]

Posted Feb 6, 2021
  7. Posted Feb 6, 2021
  8. Dang, hopefully, that's true because that's pretty exciting actually.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 6, 2021
  9. Someone give me a nickel for every broken promise that the clans staff team has shoved down its player's throats for the past couple of years. I would be a wealthy man, would I, eh? No seriously though, the amount of times I've heard promises such as "reset every 3 months" or "this glitch has been fixed for good" is deafening.

The worst moral code you can break is to turn your back on a broken promise, act like nothing ever happened, and then still have the audacity to wonder why the entire clans community hates you for it. Distrust doesn't grow in a vacuum folks, any person over the age of 5 who has read " The Boy who cried wolf" ought a know this simple fact.

Besides my short rant, I don't have any solutions to this seemingly eternal problem (I don't give solutions, I point out problems) the clans team faces. Though, I think a good place to start is for the clans team to send a public apology to its community, and be more open and transparent about future updates and other things, oh and of course, no more broken promises.

Posted Feb 6, 2021
  10. the Clans staff team has promsied very little imo like " Season seven before 2020" couldnt happen becuase DeanTM wasnt ready for the update to be released yet. the only current reason season 7 isnt out right now is becuase as other people have probably said it is apart of a larger network update

Posted Feb 7, 2021
  11. Your certainly new around here, aren't ya. heh

Posted Feb 7, 2021
  12. Clans.

Posted Feb 7, 2021
  13. soonTM

(@iKassy did a really great job on explaining the situation, I'm just posting this as a joke.)

Posted Feb 7, 2021
    iKassy likes this.
  14. Mineplex doesn't hire anyone who gives an offer, they need to meet given requirements. Being a developer is treated as a real job and they don't just give it out to anyone who doesn't meet the requirements.

Posted Feb 7, 2021
  15. Played since around Season one but forgot others

Posted Feb 7, 2021
  16. I agree that they don't and shouldn't just take help from anyone who offers, but it's different when the people who offer to help are more qualified than the dev's they currently have.

Posted Feb 9, 2021
  17. The developers that were offering to help were overqualified for the job. They were able to make a whole new clans game mode that had Mineplex-like abilities, and some could honestly say their abilities and legendaries were better, but that's obviously subjective.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 9, 2021
    • Necro Posting
    4 months later... XDDDD

Posted May 5, 2021
    Benfelz likes this.
  18. This thread is going to be locked in order to avoid further necro-posting.

To address the concern at hand once more, I have not heard any new information about a Clans update. This was said by AlexTheCoder on January 4th, "Clans is going to be part of a larger update I have planned, not going to be released on its own this time". If this is still true, it may be more difficult since 3 Java Devs have resigned within the last 1.5 months. He also said on January 12th "Clans update is pending behind other updates".

There is no time estimate, and no further public information about a Clans release. I understand the OP's frustration in not being given a timeline, but it's simply not possible right now.

Thread Locked - Necro-Posting

Posted May 6, 2021
    rilau likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.