• 782 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3361 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Where would you live?

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by Knazamn, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Hello!

I have a question for all of you. Where in the whole world would you live, besides your home country, and anywhere in your home country?

If you could give as much detail as possible, like a Country, City, State or Province or whatever you call the areas, why you would move there, etc.

Here is a world map to help you:

[​IMG]

I would live somewhere in southern Finland. I have always been interested in Finland.

Can't wait to read your responses!

Have a good day/night!

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    xOeuf and cerns like this.
  2. Hey!

If I could move anywhere I wanted to... I'd choose to live near Jasper National Park, Alberta, Canada. I went there over the summer, stayed there a few weeks, and absolutely loved the trip. From multiple forum posts that you may have seen me make, you can probably tell that I'm absolutely obsessed with this place and it's scenery. My two favorite landmarks from there are called Angel's Glacier and Athabasca Falls.

However, if I had to choose somewhere in my home country, the USA, I'd choose Killington, Vermont. It's the home to a ski resort, Killington Ski Resort, and I go there every winter break to hit the slopes :p. Skiing has always been one of my favorite hobbies, unlike long car rides (which we always have to do to go to there) so if I lived closer, I would go there more often, instead of once a year. I also love the snow and winter in general, and since in my area I get a pathetic amount of snow each year, it would be great if I moved further north :)

If I had to decide between these two places, I would probably choose Killington, but I'm not moving to any of these places anyways xD I'm happy where I am, and even though my area is boring, has no historical sights, landmarks, or anything famous, it's a nice peaceful life which I really enjoy.

Great question :) Can't wait to hear other's responses!

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  3. Where I live now, Europe or Australia

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  4. Hello!

This is a really interesting thread, and it pairs well with the one about dream vacations. Like I said in my reply to the vacations thread, I'd love to live or visit anywhere in France. I love the culture, the mountains, and the language, and recently I've become quite obsessed with everything French. I've never been and seeing all that France has to offer is definitely one of the top items on my bucket list.

If I had to choose somewhere from the US, I would choose Franklin, Tennessee. I was born there and it's a beautiful town with a very rich culture. It has amazing, vast green hills and big plots of land. Not to mention, it's a very good community, and quite famous! Definitely somewhere I'd want to live.

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  5. Personally, for me, I would go to France because it just seems like a dream to wake up in the morning and look out into the city would really be incredible! Especially at night seeing all the lights etc.
    If I had to choose somewhere in the United States it would most likely be NYC or Colorado because NYC is so fun and is a city I would love to live in, and Colorado because I absolutely love to ski on vacations!
    My thoughts and opinions!
    ~Frqstbite
    --- Post updated ---

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  6. I would love to go and live in Sweden for a while. For Christmas, it actually snows in some places there and it's the home country of my mother. I have not been there for many years and haven't had the opportunity to experience snow since I was a little boy. It would be amazing if I could live there for a while with my grandmother, it would be a dream come true..

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  7. Definitely back to Switzerland for me.
    With high wages and very good safety, as well as CH being neutral in all aspects, it's one of the safest and most stable countries to live in as of late. As a central country, it's easy to travel to multiple other areas - France was a 20-minute boat ride away from me, I did my shopping in Germany, and snowboarded in Italy. In the summers I'd drive down to Spain with friends for a week, or maybe just take a short plane ride to Greece. It's easy to go anywhere from Switzerland, and with it being such a peaceful country, we also have very powerful passports. We're ranked third on the passport power index, able to travel to 170 countries on a Swiss passport, just behind Spain, Luxemburg, Germany, and Finland at 171.
    In general, my home of Lausanne was amazing. I skated down from my village towards the city, and could even hit the lake during summer if it was too warm. We've got areas to ski, and forests to camp in, some of the greatest mountains in the world, and one of the nicest lakes in Europe. It's generally a really sweet place to be, and with the various languages and cultures, there's never something to miss out on! I really love it and am hoping that I can move back after university <3

Here's what my city, Lausanne, looked like at dusk:
    [​IMG]

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Look_Dan likes this.
  8. Hmmm, this is a hard one. Part of me wants to live in the US, but i'd really like to live in Denmark for a couple of years. It seems like a very interesting place to live, but from a financial standpoint, all the taxes wouldn't be the best if I was young. So when i'm older I would like to live in Denmark for a few years. But for now, definitely New York or Los Angeles. New York is such a fast paced lifestyle and it seems like a really good place to experience the workforce in. I would love to live in LA because it's got so many notable landmarks, great food and a ton of different cultures (same as New York). The beaches in LA would remind me of home, so that entices me. I would probably need a break from both after a while, so i'd move to Boston afterwards, because it's different and after seeing pictures of snow in Boston I want to move there. Anyways, this is probably really confusing as I gave lots of answers, but all the places mentioned really entice me and would be really interesting to live in. Thanks for the post, loved reading the responses and can't wait to read the rest!

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    saltyfishhy and xOeuf like this.
  9. Longyearbyen, Svalbard in Norway. It's a cool island up in the arctic circle with only 2000 permanent residents. I love snowy places and so this would be ideal since it's snowy and it's connected (internet and such). Also, you can see the northern lights from there which would be cool.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.