• 208 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5926 Players Online
  • 5718 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Where does your IGN come from?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hazzer105, Mar 23, 2022.

1. My IGN comes from my stuffed doge “Dogey” which I named after the doge meme (hehe yes I was young!). I’ve been using this since I used it first on XBOX. Also I have another one “Dogemaster121517” same origin. And don’t say “when did I ask”

Posted Apr 9, 2022
    RedRaven likes this.
  2. My IGN is about yes cus yes

Posted Apr 10, 2022
    RedRaven likes this.
  3. Mine comes from the irony of being named after a fear of food while also having my profile related to food

Posted Apr 10, 2022
    RedRaven, Hazzer105 and dogeygamer23 like this.
  4. My IGN came from... we don't need to know

Posted Apr 15, 2022
    RedRaven and GoldSlayer like this.
  5. My username comes from my original username (which was slashthewarrior), I switched it to slashinvis last year to try to make it shorter, and then finally in january I switched to Slxzh because it was short and simple or something

Posted Apr 15, 2022
    RedRaven likes this.
  6. My Name originally was Girly_Nova, but I later switched to ShadowGirlPlayz. After a bit of time, I decided to shorten my name to TotallyShadow. Both names were pretty unoriginal, so I rebranded to FoxyStorm(y).

Posted Apr 15, 2022
    RedRaven likes this.
  7. My IGN is Jtj, originally my sibling thought it would be cool to have a 3 letter ign in Minecraft and they waited a few months for one to be available.

Posted Apr 15, 2022
    RedRaven likes this.
  8. Mine comes from my friends IGN oubliwan and I changed it to match and be funny in CW, so I changed it to oublisam so we could look like try hards (which we are far from I'm terrible at CW...)

Posted Apr 16, 2022
  9. reletable, the key is to put an x in ur name cuz why not?

Posted Apr 16, 2022
    RedRaven likes this.
  10. My name comes from way to much

First red well I like the color red( though green is my favorite color and was when I made my ign) And well since then I only was able to play single player minecraft I developed a love and decent talent for the use of red stone,

The raven comes because I a lot of the time wish I could fly away and as a raven I would be able to fly away from my problems. Also Ravens are smart so I thought that would be cool because since ravens are smart they think a bit beforehand and I over think a lot so I decided yes I will become RedRaven also the numbers make it even more different so I added numbers.

I used to play on an account my dad made so that what made me first want to make a new account because I hated that name. Also I couldn’t join servers because of the account was set so I decided it’s time and made an account and never used it… until about a year ago maybe, I can’t remember

Have a great day/night!

Posted May 11, 2022
    Hazzer105 likes this.
  11. There are some very interesting stories on here so brace yourselves for the most underwhelming story of how I got my IGN. I felt I wanted a new identity so I put a bunch of my interests into an IGN generator and out popped Minecraft_Minium. I looked at it and I thought, you know what? I quite like that! Apparently Minium is the natural form of lead which I had no idea about at the time but hey, you learn something new every day right!

Posted May 11, 2022
    Hazzer105 likes this.
  12. [​IMG]

Posted May 11, 2022
    Hazzer105 likes this.
  13. I like maths, I am male, and Mathman was taken. So I put 4 numbers at the end

Posted May 11, 2022
    Hazzer105 likes this.
  14. Icarys is pretty much an alternate spelling of Icarus..there's the song by Bastille and the character in Greek Mythology. I cannot die from fall damage in game or else I'll be tormented by everyone...
    On another platform I've called myself Guillermus Rex, inspired by Sabaton's Carolus Rex. I also like Latin, and Guillermus is the Latin version of my name.
    I've taken more inspiration from the Classics than I thought :o

Posted May 16, 2022
    Hazzer105 likes this.
  15. My IGN is Nillavanilla782. Nilla, Nilla Wafers, Vanilla, etc. have always been nicknames for me in real life, so that just transferred over. For a while I actually used the name for a lot of accounts on various different things! Recently, I've been using the name Naiad more (I came up with it about six months ago, which is another story), so that's the name you can usually find me under nowadays. I'm considering changing my IGN to Naiad, but maybe I'll hold onto my Vanilla aesthetic for a little longer

Posted May 16, 2022
  16. lol from my mom, i guess

Posted May 16, 2022
    neo ◈ likes this.
  17. My original name in 2013 was Ninjakitty0503 (I liked the TV show Ninjago, I like cats, my birthday is May 3rd)

My name now is notjacob53, keeping part of the 0503 (once again, my birthday). The "notjacob" part is because when Among Us got popular, I used to name myself "Not Jacob" to trick people into ignoring accusations towards me. It kind of just stuck with me, so I made it part of my name.

Posted May 16, 2022
  18. I slay gold

Posted May 16, 2022
    Mr. ZCross likes this.
  19. I’m a lost shrimp haha.
    In all seriousness though I might do a vid on this.

Posted May 17, 2022
    Mr. ZCross likes this.
  20. My first IGN: CeralMuncher - Was when I first got MC and was trying to come up with a name and I saw cereal and I was like I munch on that but I misspelled it lmao.

The names in between have always been a joke and a play off of other usernames/friends, they didn't appreciate it.

And my current name is because @Kaiven gave me the name.

Posted May 17, 2022
    Kaiven likes this.