• 154 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2177 Players Online
  • 2023 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Where does your IGN come from?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hazzer105, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Hello!

So this discussion is all about where your game name comes from. It could've been a nickname from a family member, it could be named after a pet, a hobby or even just total chance! There are infinite possibilities!
    I think what is fascinating is that it tells a story about everyone, as it's totally unique, because some people they've stuck by that IGN for years.

So I'll kick off with mine,
    'Hazzer' comes from my real name, Harry which is actually a nickname itself because as a child I always hated my real name which is Harrison! But I've always been a 'Harry'. And I first started being called 'Hazzer' when I started football/soccer when I was much younger. It was mainly to distinguish between the 2 Harrys on the team at the time. And yeah the nickname has always stuck and I use it on most gaming platforms! It therefore has a connection for my passion for football which gives it a greater sentiment too.

I am really interested to see all of your responses!

Posted Mar 23, 2022
  2. Hey!
    Very good question!

My username iskallcheeta I will break down. Iskall comes from the youtuber Iskall, who does the hermitcraft series, I watched him a lot years ago back in sixth grade with my friends and I loved him a lot because of his accent and just because he is good at pvp and other things just like me.

Cheeta comes from my very first Xbox automatic username from the time I got an Xbox when I was around the age of eight. My username was VacuumCheetah12 and my step dad would joke saying I vacuumed the hackers. I made it Cheeta just to shorten it.

Hope you enjoy my response, thanks for the question.

Posted Mar 23, 2022
    RedRaven likes this.
  3. My account was actually created by my younger brother in I believe early 2012, the original username was "BlahBlahWords." I started playing Minecraft quite often and eventually just kinda took over the account. To keep things short and sweet; I wanted to make a shorter username that stemmed from the original username, specifically; "Blah" or "Blah_" but those names were taken, so I decided to rename the account "Blahh_" (since "Blahh" was taken as well.) Ever since, it just... worked. I renamed my account multiple times but "Blahh_" always stuck with me.

Posted Mar 23, 2022
    RedRaven, officer401 and ItsMeTanish like this.
  4. I like cats
    I dunno there's not much to it besides that

Posted Mar 23, 2022
  5. I really liked the depiction of fire and fire-related stuff in the cartoons I watched back in 2015 (like Pokemon and Ninjago), so I took "blaze" and combined it with "fire". Boom! BlazeFire. Originally I had a "3701" on the end to make it unique, which was based off my former handle Bob3701, a combination of a totally random, generic name, and an equally random number.

Posted Mar 23, 2022
    RedRaven, officer401 and Hazzer105 like this.
  6. My IGN came from a book character, not that I particularly liked her...
    I was just bored in the library one day and needed an IGN for some website and I didn't want to give my real name

Posted Mar 23, 2022
  7. My ign comes from the movie Cloudy with the Chance of Meatballs 2, where the officer dude says "Who cut the cheese" a fart joke, ik but I thought it was funny

Posted Mar 23, 2022
    RedRaven, anna dot and officer401 like this.
  8. Posted Mar 23, 2022
  9. my name comes from Thousand Foot Krutch’s song Adrenaline. very good song

Posted Mar 23, 2022
    RedRaven likes this.
  10. I saw niqhts was available, and after a bit of having that some noob named @siee called me nightys, and thus the name was born

Posted Mar 23, 2022
  11. Mine came from a naturally generated name. I first created my xbox live account in 2012 on the xbox 360. The old gamertag was FurtherMoth6171. Once I got my xbox one in 2017 I immediately changed it. I couldn't actually think of something to change it to, but I also wanted older friends to remember me, so I went with Mothy was here lol

Posted Mar 24, 2022
    RedRaven and VoidNnja like this.
  12. I love that, the fact it combines elements of your childhood is awesome. When I had an xBox it gave me 'Craftland8', the random generator comes out with some wacky names

Ah interesting!

Both of those films are epic, I'm gonna have to watch them back to find that scene! And yes, what a great choice of username as a result haha.

Who is this ArrowShadow guy? Never heard of him.

Oh nice, that's two people now with an xBox generated name!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 24, 2022
  13. Thomas A. Anderson is Neo's real name in the Matrix franchise.

Posted Mar 24, 2022
    RedRaven and Hazzer105 like this.
  14. well my sister originally made this account and chose the name so it's just her first and last name combined and "Dr" at the beginning for some reason

Posted Mar 24, 2022
  15. my name is very creative, only someone of high intelligence would be able to understand it. It took me 6 months to think of it.

my name is Emilie, so I added an extra e at the end.

Posted Mar 24, 2022
    RedRaven, dqiky, SilverStarX7 and 3 others like this.
  16. Mine is Jer Da Bear because jerbear is my most popular nickname. It used to be jermfbear but the abbreviations of it were a little to inappropriate so i changed it.

Posted Mar 24, 2022
  17. i like ocelots and i'm a guy

Posted Mar 24, 2022
    RedRaven, dqiky, FoxGal and 5 others like this.
  18. Well. I'm a Guardian In a suit. But sometimes I'm in a onesie and sometimes a dress.

Posted Mar 24, 2022
  19. I thought long and hard about my IGN, so in the end I chose to get really creative with it. I chose the name "Ian" because that is my name in real life! Then I added the letters "923" because my birthday is on September 23rd, the 9th month of the year and the 23rd day. I'm also a proud American which is why it isn't 239.

Posted Mar 25, 2022
  20. This really weird mod guy idk
    I heard he's good at archery but I've seen him for myself and I must say

no

Posted Mar 25, 2022