• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

When will there be a good anticheat?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Litebans, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Litebans

Litebans

• General Rudeness Severity 1
    Honestly, I've been wondering this for years. Why is the anticheat so bad, and how long will it take just to get a decent one? I'm willing to sacrifice some games if it means that no one will be flying in Cake Wars or using kill aura on SG. I'm so tired of this, seriously no wonder this server is dead. My main issue with this server is the amount of hackers that get on everyday just to ruin other players' day, without staff giving a -snip-. Even when I report players manually, staff rarely look into it. I went into Lobby 1 today and messaged staff about a hacker, and they didn't even respond. I watched them move around in game and argue with someone in the chat, but they didn't care about a hacker that was literally killing the server slowly. IM ACTUALLY SO TIRED OF THIS.

I don't care if this offended anyone. It's my opinion and if you don't like it then get lost.

Posted Feb 13, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Feb 14, 2019 at 11:55 AM
  2. Jaekub

Jaekub

I get where you're coming from. The best way to report a player is to report them via the website: mineplex.com/reports. Yes, GWEN needs to be able to detect things like Sigma Client and other forms of hacking, but the best way of saying it isn't "fix GWEN" but more of "I have a few suggestions on how to improve GWEN". It is very frustrating to me as well and I agree with the points you mention. Could you please explain how to improve GWEN?

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me!

Posted Feb 13, 2019
  3. Litebans

Litebans

Contact (-snip-), they're doing really well in terms of keeping hackers away from the server. I was told that Mineplex worked with the creators of NCP, but Watchdog is based on NCP as well. I'm very confused as to why this is such a problem.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 13, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Feb 14, 2019 at 11:57 AM
  4. Overdog

Overdog

The systems of each are obviously different. On Mineplex, GWEN DEFINITELY does well with most cheaters, however, in order to prevent false punishments, it takes a while for it to ban to really confirm their cheating.

Other anticheats may make it different, I haven't seen another server with it like that.

It does this to prevent less false punishments.

Like stated above, you can easily counteract this via reporting players at https://www.mineplex.com/report, or join the StaffRequest community. You can help the community too, with just one step.

Posted Feb 13, 2019
  5. _TeamCobra_

_TeamCobra_

Staff are not obligated to do their duties at all times. This is true on all Minecraft servers. The moderators are unpaid volunteers and they have every right to relax and have time to themselves. If the administrators feel that the moderator is not doing enough, that's a discussion for them to have, not us who are not affiliated with the administrative offices of the server.

Posted Feb 13, 2019
  6. Parrotlet

Parrotlet

Anti-cheats are constantly evolving and the developers I would imagine are doing their best to perfect them. Likewise hacking clients are also evolving as well to bypass them. It is quite literally an evolutionary arms race, and the only thing we can do on our side as players is to report players using the /report command or record and report them to the link @Overdog mentioned.

Posted Feb 13, 2019
  7. JMPhase

JMPhase

Yeah but that mod was in the lobby apparently. I feel it's fair enough if they would want to finish a game they're in but if they're just chillin in the lobby I don't see any reason to not help.

Posted Feb 13, 2019
  8. _TeamCobra_

_TeamCobra_

I guarantee you the vast majority of moderators are people who enjoy playing on the Mineplex server (as it should be for every server someone is a moderator for). You shouldn't go in and say now that you're a moderator you're not allowed to enjoy the server you are a part of...and this includes talking to people in lobbies.

I suppose next we're gonna be forcing moderators to be doing their job all the time they are logged in, and once they just start logging off to get some time to themselves we'll force them to stay logged in more.

Posted Feb 13, 2019
  9. JMPhase

JMPhase

Now you're just putting words in my mouth.

Posted Feb 13, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  10. _TeamCobra_

_TeamCobra_

How? The last paragraph is supposed to be a "slippery-slope" metaphor, a belief not specifically held by you but what I feel is the progression of thought which would occur if moderators did not have any leisure time on the server. Other than that, the rest of my comment is a response to what you said

Posted Feb 13, 2019
    PhoneCord likes this.
  11. PhoneCord

PhoneCord

Moderators are like said above by Cobra are volunteers who do voluntary work on their own time. Being staff IS NOT about just punishing rule breakers. Staff are allowed time to themselves. They can be overwhelmed by pms in /a and /msg if those are enabled so they prob didn’t see your message. They do care about the player base and they enjoy the server. Like said above as well, as players we can do our part by reporting them at www.mineplex.com/reports or join the staff request community and ask for help from there. Staff are only human they aren’t perfect. Also, making an anti-cheat is harder than it looks so keep these things in mind.

Posted Feb 13, 2019
    _TeamCobra_ likes this.
  12. BBoy2003

BBoy2003

I personally think Gwen is a lot better than normal anti cheats. But I do agree with u that cheat developers are getting around Gwen but people are still effectively getting banned.

Posted Feb 14, 2019 at 8:15 AM
  13. Lionatthezoo

Lionatthezoo

Hey!

So I'm going to address the base of your issue which is that you believe that the anti-cheat isn't very good. To answer your question in brief, yes the anti-cheat is not perfect no anti-cheat(/cheat detection system) is perfect. To address this issue we have a dedicated team of volunteers who spend a large amount of time contributing to the server whether it be in subteams or by doing general moderation work.

I can't comment on the issue you have had with the one member of the staff team as I was not there so I can't be sure of the circumstances which lead to your interaction. However, if you would like you can report a staff member at www.mineplex.com/support

In reference to this
    I can assure you that if you report players whether it be via /report www.mineplex.com/reports or by letting a staff member know in game, we do everything we can to ensure that your reports are processed. We do care and we work extremely hard to ensure that players have concerns addressed quickly.

If you would like to make any suggestions on how the server can improve then you are more than welcome to do so on the forums! We work very hard to ensure every player has the best experience possible and we appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions!

If you have any more questions please feel free to message me on the forums

Thread Locked || Concern Addressed

Posted Feb 14, 2019 at 12:09 PM
    _TeamCobra_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.