• 856 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3435 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion When Queuing for Lobby Gladiators

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by _Prof_, Dec 8, 2019.

?

What do you think?

1. +1

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. -1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. So you are waiting for someone to fight or for your turn and it has already taken a bit. Out of boredom, you want to check if any friends are online or want to open a chest but discover that being in the Lobby Gladiators queue disables those features. I find this unnecessary and illogical. If one can execute commands or open chests when queuing for any game, why should it not be allowed in Lobby Gladiators? You might as well have something to do while waiting.

EDIT: This is also more convenient for staff when punishing players so they do not lose their spor in the queue.

Posted Dec 8, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 15, 2019
    Jaek, SpyNinja__ and Wrappingz like this.
  2. From my perspective, I don’t see any issues in adding it. It could be a nice QoL change. That way people don’t have to just run around while they’re in the queue for gladiators. They’d be able to mess around with their cosmetics while they’re waiting to play gladiators.

The only thing is, there might be issues on the developer’s end. It might be this way right now to prevent people from having morphs or other effects while they’re in the game. If developers could work around that, I don’t see a problem in it being in implemented.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    FluteVegetables and _Prof_ like this.
  3. I don't play Gladiators often so I haven't come across this issue, but I don't see any issues with allowing usage of other features during the queue either. If you can open chests, use cosmetics and perform commands while you're in a game queue, I don't see why a lobby minigame queue would be any different.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  4. I totally agree with adding this in. Sometimes, especially in places like Lobby-1, the queue for Lobby Gladiators can be a long time, so by queuing to save your spot you're essentially getting rid of all the other opportunities you could do in the hub like put on a costume or throw some flesh hooks.

If this can easily be done, I would say I am all for it. However, if it would either take a lot of developer time to figure out how to do that or would make it so that gadgets are enabled when playing that game itself, that is when I am less into the idea. Our developer time is limited, so for such a small thing it could be better used elsewhere, but if it would only take a little bit of time, I'd love for it to happen.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  5. Personally, it doesn't bother me. I don't really play lobby glads much, but when I do I'm not in the queue long so I just kind of wait my turn. I mean, sure, this could be added but maybe it was a thing to prevent issues or something - if you're opening a chest and you're next in the queue for glads, would it just tp you away and close your chests? how would that be handled? I can see why it's the way it is.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    Wrappingz likes this.
  6. Heyo!

From my viewpoint, this seems like a perfectly fine update to implement. It would allow players to enjoy what the lobby has to offer while also still waiting to join the lobby minigame.

However, as @510bikes stated, the reason this was implemented in the first place may have been to avoid people having cosmetics still with them when they enter the arena. If a way could be developed where it disables the cosmetics once you enter the arena, then this would be fine and dandy, but otherwise I see why it is currently disabled and it is smarter to keep it disabled if that were the case.

Thanks for the suggestion, have a good one! :)

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    Wrappingz likes this.
  7. Developers were able to figure out how to disable gadgets when a game starts in a server waiting lobby whilst being teleported. It should not be too tedious.

The chests are randomly selected when opening and you are teleported to a game. It does not tell you what got but the items are salvaged still. I think the original system should be changed to display in chat what you got and Lobby Gladiators will have that applied to it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 10, 2019
  8. I really would like if the server were to add this. I play gladiators on occasion and when I do the player queue can move up to very large amounts. In order to get into some matches, I've had to wait five whole minutes just for a 30~ second fight in gladiators, maybe less. Mineplex making this a feature would bring for the player count on gladiators to increase and discourage afking on lobbies. Often a lot of the people I play with go to play on other servers to 1v1 because of this reason alone. +1.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  9. While I don't play gladiators often, I think this would be a really nice change. Commands are important too while queued, especially as a staff member. I've been in a situation before where I had to quickly unqueue so I could deal with a hacker. You can sometimes find yourself in a long queue with players fighting cautiously, while you have nothing to do. I definitely think it would be nice to mess around with cosmetics while you wait as long as the conflicting ones (such as morphs, mounts, gadgets, etc.) are disabled before your match. While this isn't a high-priority change, I'm still for it nonetheless.

Because some players don't know that their items are decided upon before opening chests, you still shouldn't be able to open them while in a queue. That could confuse and disappoint those who are teleported before they finish picking chests. Still +1 from me for cosmetics and commands though.

Posted Dec 11, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 11, 2019
    Wrappingz and _Prof_ like this.
  10. Hi!

I don't see a problem adding this in. But, I just see one problem with it. The chests.
    Say you open a chest, and you are opening the rewards. Then, out of the blue, you get sent to the Gladiator Arena! Would you continue after, or would you get random rewards?

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  11. I agree with this suggestion. I'm not entirely sure why features that one would normally be able to access are disabled when queuing for Lobby Gladiators, as it is an inconvenience when waiting for the match to start. Even tasks such as checking one's own punishment history or opening Carl are disabled. I can see why opening chests is not enabled when waiting for Lobby Gladiators, but losing access to other features can be quite inconvenient. If the developers are able to change the system so that queueing enable everything besides opening chests, I would be happy with it as players would be free to spend time doing other things rather than having to unqueue and queue again to do so.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  12. Heyo!

I like this idea, I think it would be a great addition. When you queue for Lobby-1 GLADS, it takes a super long time so I think it would be nice to check to see which friends are online, or your stats, or simply spin a carl ticket. This would be a great QoL change and I think it wouldn't be too hard for the Developers to add but I don't know. Anyway cool idea! Though I don't think players should get access to their cosmetic chest as there could be bugs/glitches with that, or be able to open chests since some players want to experience the chest opening and not just have the rewards auto-added to their account.

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Dec 15, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  13. Yes please! I don't play Glads very much, but when I do, there are usually a lot of people in the queue before me. When that happens, I usually want to fly around the lobby as a Wither or throw some melons at people! This would be a really nice change if it doesn't take too much time to implement.
    Big +1!
    Have a good day/night!

Posted Dec 15, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  14. Yeah I've encountered this problem myself. It's pretty annoying that you have to stand there and wait to just play a Gladiators match, and I think being able to play around with gadgets, queue for a game, or check friend and community GUIs while you're waiting. Heck, you could even open a ton of chests while waiting. Great idea.

Posted Dec 16, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.