• 1283 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5958 Players Online
  • 4675 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion when game gonna start its say on lobby

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by nadav1112, Feb 24, 2020.

1. so I have good idea just pop on my head
    so much peoples wanna play games but don't want to wait on queue
    so maybe you add a thing msg a text game gonna start and players have like 20 sec to join or something

Posted Feb 24, 2020
  2. heyy. I see where your coming from, but you have to take into consideration the amount of games that start. If there were to be a message in the hub every single time a game was about to start, the chat would become way too flooded with messages, which would annoy a lot of people who enjoy hanging out in lobbies. The only way I see this potentially working, is if it's implemented exclusively for less-popular games, such as Draw My Thing. But overall, waiting in a queue usually doesn't take long, and the Devs have larger, more important projects to work on.

Posted Feb 24, 2020
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  3. This message is a bit contradictory. If there's a lot of people playing in games, the queue shouldn't be long. Also, on Java, queuing is the only current way to play a game you want to. You select which game you are interested in playing, and wait until enough other players want to play also, then the game starts. I don't think announcing anything in chat would make more players join, as they would already be queued if that's the game they wanted to play.

Posted Feb 24, 2020
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  4. As @Ocelotguyy mentioned, announcing when a game is going to start for each individual game mode could become very hectic and annoying for players that aren't interested in playing any games that just want to chill in lobbies. I think this could be a decent idea if players had the ability to toggle this on and off, and could also specify which game mode they wanted announcements for, however, I'm still not sure how useful this would be as players will already be queueing for the game they want to play regardless, so the announcement message would be fairly irrelevant.

Posted Feb 24, 2020
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  5. Or this could be dealt with by adding an option for which games you want and turn off/on the notifications for the announcements?

Posted Feb 24, 2020
  6. Should have something like what was done on the other server where unpopular games would have a message on the global chat that says "Runner needs 5 more people to start click here to join!"

Posted Feb 24, 2020
  7. This would only work for games that aren’t too popular to begin with like @DaGourmand said above, however, it wouldn’t really work with the queue system. The system is designed to put people who want to play certain games into those games with.. other people who want to play them. It would only make sense if it was added for like, personal favorite games or something. For example: for games like DOM or TDM that don’t start often, they probably could use a message in the lobby or to individual players who have them added as a “favorite”. That way they know a game is starting; however a game would only really start if it’s full, so announcing it wouldn’t really work with our current system.
    Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Posted Feb 26, 2020
    Fallen™ likes this.