• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9979 Players Online
  • 7089 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

When do you think robots will take over?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Jayboi, Aug 1, 2020.

1. I think its inevitable that robots will take over this planet one day. What general time do you think robots will take over. Or do you think that it will never happen

I think it will happen by 2300-2500

Posted Aug 1, 2020
  2. I don't want to believe that it would happen, but it might. AI is gaining more intelligence by the second and it's mostly because us humans are putting it into things it doesn't need to be in for the betterment and efficiency of our projects.

I have no idea when they will "take over" because I don't think it will be like that. I believe that AI and robots will just be used more in the industry for many tasks that humans currently undertake.

Posted Aug 1, 2020
    taafyy likes this.
  3. I don't believe robots will not take over. We take control of them. AI is growing, but we are making it help people, not hurt. If someone teaches a robot to hurt, humans and robots could defeat it.

Posted Aug 1, 2020
  4. They'll probably replace us in every job which can be considered a form of take over but in my opinion they won't harm humanity.

Posted Aug 1, 2020
  5. Machine Learning will likely be implemented in every job by 2050-2055.

However, I'm guessing a violent takeover will never happen. Right now, we are going down the path that the movie, Wall-E did.

I estimate we will have destroyed our planet by the time robots and AI becomes powerful enough for a takeover.

The takeover will not be violent nor slow. It will be peaceful and swift.

This leaves us at a 21st century timeline since we are killing our planet every second. But if we can reverse all the effects of Climate Change and human effects on the planet, our timeline then becomes 22nd century+.

No matter what, we will end up as fat blobs like from the movie Wall-E.

Posted Aug 1, 2020
  6. I saw a video on this a while ago that had an interesting perspective. They made a few key points
    1. Humans are likely only here to give rise to the age of robots
    2. They won't necessarily be nice because if they become sentient, like humans, they might not show such a favourable attitude to humans as we are an inferior species, humans do not show such kindness to most animals below us (we hunt and eat them or keep them as pets)
    3. Once we give robots sentience there won't be any going back

So I think one day we will either be overtaken or eliminated by robots, not for a while yet. Which is rather grim but it won't happen for a little while yet so we should be all good.

Posted Aug 1, 2020
  7. Spending 10 minutes in the StaffRequest community makes it feel like they already took over

Posted Aug 1, 2020
  8. This is a pretty good question, because honestly I don't think they'll ever actually take over, yet I do think that robots will eventually become a large part of our daily life. Regardless, I'd say this would probably take a few decades since people tend to shy away from things if they start to become eerily realistic.

Posted Aug 2, 2020
  9. When we are most vulnerable...

Posted Aug 2, 2020
  10. Hey,

This has already happened. Your banking accounts, your emails, your cell phones, even your traffic lights are all managed, regulated, and operated by artificially intelligent software...

-Dan

Posted Aug 3, 2020 at 4:30 AM
    Shipsa likes this.
  11. It wont happen inless we dont code a default for the bots to protect humans, and if they dont it takes 1 person to mess the entire thing up :p

Posted Aug 4, 2020 at 4:56 PM
    SomeTsea likes this.
  12. True. Even my fridge needs technology

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 8, 2020 at 6:08 AM
  13. Look, like @Danese said, this has sort of happened already. I DO believe that artificial intelligence will take over the earth, but not in an apocalyptic style that you see in the movies. No, robots aren't going to devour humanity and conquer the earth.

However, I think we will eventually reach a point where human work is obsolete, and where artificial intelligence automatically "does the work for us" so to speak. I feel as though our world in the future where AI has a massive impact in our day-to-day lives will be far different than it is now, but that shouldn't be concerning because AI by nature are likely not to be programmed with substantial amounts of malicious threat because companies that create AI such as Google or Microsoft can't make a profit and risk their brand reputation like that. Sure, tech companies will continue to investigate our devices to find every bit of user data they can to sell. There's no question about that. But I don't think AI will ever terrorize the world on a mass scale.

AI and robots will definitely benefit the world overall, but at what cost to human employment, health, and lifestyle? I dunno

Posted Aug 8, 2020 at 4:09 PM
    Danese likes this.
  14. When they start doing things just for the sake of doing it , for pleasure , to have fun , when they start making art and so on.

Posted Aug 8, 2020 at 6:24 PM
  15. Oh the facts
    This is my favorite answer for this question

Posted Aug 8, 2020 at 6:45 PM
    Danese likes this.