• 1047 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10497 Players Online
  • 9450 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

When can we allow muting taunts?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Glitchy, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Seriously I don’t see a point to them outside of encouraging toxic behavior, like I think /ignore should even silence taunts from people you have on your ignore list

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    Paladise, okDamien, PlebAU and 5 others like this.
  2. I'd like it if /ignore would block the taunts as well. Then i wouldn't have to see edaters use the blow a kiss taunt which would be awesome.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  3. right? Plus isn’t the point of /ignore to pretend the jerk you blocked doesn’t exist?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 25, 2021
  4. I would just like to say that the taunt is just a fun cosmetic and it isn't that toxic tbh, most of the times it is just a joke. But i get that you want to be able to ignore the taunts, which in my opinion, you should be able to do if you want that.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    Dopa and BINGUSLOVER27 like this.
  5. What would be the point of being able to get taunts if they can just be /ignored by players? They would have no use then. Taunts are just a cool cosmetic, although they do get on my nerves at times; there is no need to be able to /ignore them all together. You can just ignore them by closing your eyes.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    Reverse, PlebAU and Azrael____ like this.
  6. *”Is this easy mode” intensifies*

Doesn’t it make sense if you /ignore someone that you should be seeing literally NOTHING from them?

OP OP
    chungalunga, Dopa and Jet Starglaze like this.
  7. No, are they using that taunt directly at you? You don't know, they could just be using the taunt for the reasons people use taunts for. It's just an addition that you can get, and it wouldn't make sense for it to be taken away with just a simple /ignore.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  8. Hey there @Glitchy!

First and foremost, thank you for taking your time to make this thread and propose this idea suggestion! I am on the fence for this idea because I feel that it would be difficult to make this a feature. If you /ignore someone in-game, yes, you would stop seeing their messages in chat, however I don't think there would be a way to prevent the visual of the taunt from being seen above their head. In my personal opinion, I feel that it defeats the purpose of extending /ignore to taunts. After reading suggestions and feedback from the community in other threads, I believe the best way to go about dealing with the "toxic behavior being promoted by certain taunts," would be to just to rework the ones that can are deemed as "toxic," or just remove them all together.

By definition a Taunt is defined as, "to reproach or challenge in a mocking or insulting manner : jeer at" (Webster Dictionary) - I personally do not think that taunts were introduced to have a negative connotation by any means. Rather, I personally think they were added to introduce a fun, light and positive way of taunting other players. With that being said, again, I personally feel that some of the taunts that are deemed as "toxic," should be reworked or just removed completely.

Again, thank you for taking the time to make this suggestion! It's unique and something that I hadn't personally thought of. I am interested in how others may feel on this topic of discussion.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    Reverse, rilau, zdemon98 and 3 others like this.
  9. I'll have to completely agree with Amg here. Personally, I don't think that taunts were meant to be toxic, they just ended up that way based upon the circumstances. I don't think having something deemed "toxic" should be a cosmetic or in the game. However, that's just my opinion and I understand that people worked hard to get their taunt. I'll have to agree that taunts should be included in the /ignore since people can still send "a message" through them.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    Dopa and Amg like this.
  10. Since my previous posts were deleted I will post one that is not unnecessary to the thread.

Taunts are just that. They're meant to aggravate you, but they're also complete cosmetic(al?). Getting frustrated over them is natural as I've encountered many annoying users who have taunted on me. It's also really easy to just ignore them. Target/kill them in the game if you want, but making a post about how you're mad over a few lines of text that come up periodically while playing a block game is not necessary, and I would go so far as to say you're being oversensitive.

-1, tldr: taunts are meant to aggravate, getting rid of them is not necessary.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    Reverse likes this.
  11. I dont care either way about the idea but when someone kills you, spams shift and hits easy mode you can definitely see its being directed at you lmao

Posted Feb 25, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 25, 2021
  12. Oh yeah totally encourage toxic behavior, let’s all have a round of applause, fight toxicity by creating taunts like “is this easy mode” is totally a sensible thing to do, that’s a Nobel prize winning idea

OP OP
  13. To be completely honest, I wouldn't be opposed to allowing this. There are several individuals who, even after you /ignore them, will purposely use taunts (like easy mode) to continue to personally attack you... and there's nothing you can do about it because apparently having a team of 5 all taunt "is this easy mode" after targeting you and killing you isn't considered as general rudeness... despite it totally being punishable if they all typed it in chat as many times as they used the taunt... which still baffles me...

Basically, since we can't fix an easily fixable issue directly (IE remove the easy mode taunt), allow /ignore to work on taunts as well...

Actually, I take that back. Independent of the easy mode taunt, just make taunts also be blocked with /ignore. If you're ignoring their messages, ignore their chat cosmetics too. Isn't that what ignore does?

Posted Feb 25, 2021
    mab8400 and Fusafez like this.
  14. Although I think there should be an option to ignore taunts (because you should be able to see the chat you see)
    Would implementing it be worth it? A few lines of text; none of them are even really toxic and it doesn't encourage behavior similar to it. Wouldn't physically ignoring it be easier.

Posted Feb 25, 2021
  15. yeah why the hell is that?

Player: *uses easy mode taunt*
    MP staff: I sleep
    Player: *types it in chat*
    MP staff: REAL CRAP!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 26, 2021
  16. Taunts are supposed to irritate you. If it does that (ez mode) then it's a good taunt.

Posted Feb 26, 2021
  17. taunts are taunts. the point of it is to lightly aggravate you. it makes no sense to limit someone's ability to use cosmetics just because you lost and become slightly angry they "ez moded" u

Posted Feb 26, 2021
  18. mannnnnn how are they gonna PROFIT off your rage and satisfaction if they turn off one of the ways you can make enemies angry. money money money

Posted Feb 26, 2021
  19. It seems like a lot of people don't understand this thread.

The person is suggesting that : if you use /ignore on someone , then you dont have to see their taunts either.
    They aren't suggesting to ignore all taunts, just the people you used /ignore on

Posted Feb 26, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and Fusafez like this.
  20. based word 1 2 3 4 and 5 nice comment THIS!

Posted Feb 26, 2021
    chungalunga likes this.