• 1052 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3631 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What's... your dream?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fallen, Dec 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    I believe you pick whether you're happy, when you're sad. It's all based off the choices you make. You pick what you're going to do with your life. Sure, socialization has an impact on this, but I believe in free will. And if we're truly free to become anything we want- what you are is up to you.

Left... to your dreams.

What about me?
    My dream is space. Since as early as I can remember I've always been fixated with the stars. This passion for the stars- for what's out there. That's my dream. I dream that one day I can touch another planet. Experience "The Final Frontier."

But really, it boils down to this. I want to be remembered. For me personally, my contribution to humanity and how I'm remembered after I'm gone is what matters most in life. This is just one planet in the cosmos. One, insignificant blip. But if I can help advance the space frontier, and help "launch" (pun intended) us forward into the great beyond, to me that's the most important contribution I could ever make, and the best way I could ever be remembered.

That's why my dream job(s) are an astrophysicist, or aerospace engineer. I'm a hands-on person, and also excel in the sciences. I've got a bunch of side quests too. Little goals along the way that make me happy. Some of you will have stuff like "Mineplex Trainee, McDonalds Cashier, Photographer." Whatever it is, I want to hear about it. No matter how small, insignificant, or stupid you think it is. Because it's not. Anything is "possible."

Now it's your turn... (HOW TO RESPOND/REPLY)
    What's your dream? Who do you want to be? What are you passionate about? It can be anything from your future job, to raising kids, to becoming a Mineplex Mod. I'll be personally responding to each and every one of you guys.

Posted Dec 2, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 2, 2019
  2. lol gj

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  3. thanks crash. Updated post ;)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 2, 2019
    Crash likes this.
  4. Seriously bro…STOP choosing every single thing I want to be. Those are all my dreams. Are you my clone? Let's apply to work at Nasa together LMAO.

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    FluteVegetables, Crash and Fallen like this.
  5. Yoooooo! Love a fellow space nerd. Personally, I grew up with Star Trek as my family is very science-based, and that always seemed to appeal to me. It's a 60s'-90s' thing, so you might not know it very well, but for me, it showed me exactly what humanity COULD be. And it's always something that's inspired me.

Love to see someone sharing a similar interest, and let's most definitely apply to NASA together.
    - Fallen

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 2, 2019
  6. Super cool! I have heard of Star Trek but have never seen it. One of the things that stands out to me the most is designing space ships for deep space missions (such as the life support capsules), living and helping make bases on planets,moons,ect or designing stations around the planets (which I call Gateways!) Actually, I spend most of my time on the official Nasa site checking stuff out. It's amazing how far mankind has come since the first step on the moon! I'll PM you the link to the official Nasa site if you want! CYA in the cosmos fellow astrophysicist!

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    Fallen likes this.
  7. Yes! Deep space missions and space ships fascinate me! I actually frequent NASA's newsletters and site often, and watch a bunch of YouTubers on "Space News." All of it fascinates me. From Musk's plan to "set foot on mars," to "in-space refueling for long-distance missions," to a potential for a home on Mars, to the sci-fi theory of Terraforming. There's really nothing beyond our reach, and that's what's crazy to me. That we just haven't done it yet. People think everything's been invented. That when the next iPhone comes out, it's just an improvement on what they've already got. But we're on the precipice of a new revolution, in Space. And that's happening in MY lifetime- probably in yours. And that to me, is sick.

All that's left is to do it.

- Fallen

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 2, 2019
  8. My dream...

For the last few years I’ve thought about this quite a lot.

I want to move to somewhere out in Colorado. I want to get a great job, although I’m not sure what yet (maybe something in engineering or some sort of management). I want to meet an amazing woman that I would want to spend the rest of my life with. I want to have 2 beautiful, smart children that will challenge me to have patience and stay grounded while holding a family together. I want to provide the best life possible for my future family (if any) and I want my kids to have a great love for nature as I do. I don’t want my kids to get too wound up in the internet and the electronic world. I want to go skiing at least once a week with my family on one of the many breathtaking mountains in Colorado. I want to put my kids through college and secure their futures. I want to retire with my wife and live a life of hopefully well-deserved leisure and luxury. I want to die peacefully with my wife, kids, and grandkids by my side. To be honest, I don’t care if I’m remembered or not by others. I just want to give those whom I love a better life.

Only but a dream.

Posted Dec 2, 2019
    saltyfishhy and Fallen like this.
  9. That's honestly beautiful, no if's and's or but's. Personally, I love nature. I live in the suburbs, and so the concept of the fresh air, mountains, exploring. It's something that I love. I usually ride my bike up to the forest my local college/university owns (won't name names). It's private property, but it's open to the public. I love to walk, smell the fresh air, see the nature.

I'm also into hiking- specifically, mountains. I actually have a story from when I visited Split-Croatia.

[​IMG]

So, we'd done our walking around as a family. So my Mom and brothers went back to the ship. But my dad and I stayed. He went to a Cafe, but I really wanted to climb the mountain. Turns out, they had a set of stairs you could climb to the top of the mountain- something like a few thousand steps. We're talking 1-2km of just stairs. They're not just straight up, they're zig-zagged. And at the top was a church. Middle-aged men were selling water and drinks all the way up, to tourists.

Back then, I was definitely not in shape. But, it felt so fulfilling. After thousands upon thousands of steps, I was at the top of the mountain. It had taken ~1hr 30m. I took out my phone, to take a picture. The landscape was beautiful. You could see the mountains as far as the eye goes. And the sunset was beautiful. My phone was dead. To this day I'm glad it was. Because I really got to take it in. Sure, I don't have that picture-perfect image I was going to get. But I've got the memory. I remember climbing up the mountain. Counting the individual steps I took. Feeling the burn. And when I got to the top, I felt like I was on top of the world. Truly happy.

Your dream is like this. Perfect, beautiful. I wish you luck.
    - Fallen

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 2, 2019
  10. To feel happy .-.
    kthxbye

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Fallen likes this.
  11. Yo speaking of mountains and volcanoes in general, I just hiked a volcano called Pakaya a couple of days ago. At the top, we got to roast marshmallows over lava! It was delicious! Anyway, I want to live somewhere where there is beautiful scenery in the US. Colorado definetly is an option. However, I don't feel like leaving my almost girlfriend here ;)
    --- Post updated ---
    Exactly!!! Yo took the words right off my tongue! Also, I don't have telescope because there is too much light pollution here (from a city dweller), but I wish I did have one

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Fallen likes this.
  12. Short and sweet. Love it.

Excuse me, WHAT? You said that so casually. Roasting Marshmellows over a Volcano. Next time you go, take me with you...?

Hah, only time it's ever actually worked from my home is during a blackout, back when we had an Ice Storm that knocked out the power grid for a week, a couple years ago. That was intense stuff, seeing the stars from my house for the first time ever. But I mostly take the telescope up to the cottage, and use it there (:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2019
  13. Lucky! The only place I COULd use it is at the beach we go to every year, and I'd be too tired by the end of the day to use it so that's out of the question

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Fallen likes this.
  14. What's poppin!
    You know I don't really know what my dream is right now. I want to go into politics one day and also live in France when I graduate High School. I don't think I truly know what I want to do in life right now but hey I got a long time to figure that out.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Fallen likes this.
  15. OOO, politics is very interesting. Which way in the politics?

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Fallen likes this.
  16. Yo!
    Interesting thread if I do say so myself. I think dreams are a great way to keep people happy and to give life a "purpose", we are all working towards our own goals even if they are small. For me, I want to further expand my interests with marketing and or traveling. As for marketing, it's hard to explain but I think there are just so many aspects to it that feed into it being an interesting career / hobby choice. As for the traveling part, there is so much in the world that our brains cannot even process, when I'm let's say 80 years old I want to know that I had to privilege to see and explore our planet for what it has to offer us. Of course within' that gap of time, I hope to expand my relationship and to not take life for granted.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    TheProTroller and Fallen like this.
  17. Marrying my gf, master the guitar and piano, being stuck at a stable job until retirement, start a theology class

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Fallen likes this.
  18. Take your time. "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coehlo talks about Personal Legends- as in your destiny. A feeling/purpose leading you to do something greater than yourself. Your Personal Legend (perceived destiny) may not always be apparent, but as time goes on stuff becomes more clear. That's his take on it at least. Whatever you might be interested in- your passion, it may not be clear yet. Just try to be true to yourself. You like politics? Learn politics. No choice is the wrong choice, and you also don't need to just be interested in one thing!

- Fallen

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2019
  19. Hey!

My dream is to become a Forensic scientist and or a Crime scene investigator! Main reason being I like science and I would probably do really well in that field! :)

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    saltyfishhy and Fallen like this.
  20. My dream........

I don't really know, either working a normal job till I retire then retiring and living in the Bahamas, or becoming a psychologist, or a Neuro scientist, I still havnt decided.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
    Fallen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.