• 1347 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5284 Players Online
  • 3937 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What's wrong with the stairs?

Discussion in 'Speed Builders' started by Dinnersaur_, Apr 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I've noticed that most of the time there is a build with some stairs going around a corner, like the egg one, the empty aquarium one, and the draw my thing one are all builds with this problem. It does not count it as a complete, even though I did it right. It just gives me a random percent. I think the corner stairs are what's causing the problems because it doesn't happen with any other type of build. Sometimes some other people and I are able to somehow get it right, but most of the time it just doesn't work.

~Does this happen to you too?
    ~Is there a way to fix it?

Please help! This has actually caused me to lose games before!

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  2. I think this may be a bug. Please report it here with valid evidence. I hope this doesn't happen again.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  3. It might be because of the position the stairs are in. Stairs can be rotated many different ways, so that might be the problem.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  4. it's just another bug that's been around for ages that apparently hasn't been fixed yet bc mineplex is very efficient

Posted Apr 19, 2019
    Mediocre_Player likes this.
  5. Yep I've had that before as well, it's a bug that's really common, as previously mentioned there's nothing more we can do but report it to the bugs.

Posted Apr 20, 2019
  6. I think you mean report it to the devs.

But yeah, it's a bug and we can do nothing other than reporting it. Despite that, you should always make sure the stairs in your build are facing the correct direction. Otherwise, you'll have no one but yourself to blame.

Posted Apr 22, 2019
  7. I have seen this bug and dealt with having it, but it is still possible as complete. If you have the DMT build, make sure you're facing to the side on top of the 3 main facing stairs to place it and not just doing all 5 in a row even though it looks good. It's very annoying because all the stairs seem to be very specific and you can't tell when it's wrong, plus it will take longer. I'm not sure when these could be fixed for a bug since they've been around for a while. Id rather just have all the bugged builds removed, (although this is with the fences) like the Build solely built with fences and no other blocks to place them correctly. They usually end up being skipped anyway with a tie.

Posted Apr 22, 2019
  8. Thread Locked.
    I’m extremely sorry to hear that this bug has been making the game difficult for you to play. It’s sad to hear that sometimes these small bugs pass right by with larger game updates; allowing it to stay for much longer than it should. Like several of the users explained above, you can report this pesky bug at our form that we have specifically for staying up to date with bugs. This can be found at mineplex.com/bugs. Try to fill out the form to the best of your ability, and include any evidence you may have of this occurring. Again, I truly am sorry that this has been becoming an issue for you, and I hope we can get this patched soon.

Along with that, I can try to contact Quality Assurance and see if this is planned to be patched in the near future. I’ll update this post with any further information.

Update: I’ve contacted a member from Quality Assurnace to see the status of this bug. Needless to say, they weren’t aware of it. I cannot stress this enough, reporting bugs takes just as much time as writing a thread about it. QA doesn’t normally check here, and unless you submit a bug report, they may never know.

Posted Apr 22, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 22, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.