• 1218 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5986 Players Online
  • 4768 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed 'What's new?' feature.

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Awquard, May 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi friends! [​IMG]

[​IMG] I'd like to start this thread off by saying this is an idea I have had for quite some time and just never got around to posting it. If this idea has already been suggested by others during my absence from Mineplex, I apologize for reposting it. [​IMG]

During my time on Mineplex as both a community member and a staff member on Quality Assurance, one reoccurring problem that I see is people complaining about 'not receiving chest items' due to crashing or joining games etc. As some of you may know, chest items are pre-determined and the items are automatically added to your inventory upon opening a chest, even if you are unable to physically choose the chests to open on the opening platform. Despite this being the case, not everyone is aware of this and I think that a simple solution to this would be to add a 'What's new?' section to the cosmetics menu that will display the newest items added to your inventory from chests.

I have included an image below to show a basic outline of what I think could be implemented on the cosmetics menu for this idea. Please don't judge me as I just quickly whipped this up in photoshop- but I think you will be able to understand exactly what I mean on the picture.

* Edit - I know the wording of the text on the image could be 100 times better, and welcome suggestions for what it should say to make the most sense *

[​IMG]

Overall, I don't see this being something that would take up a lot of development resources or time to create and think that it would generally improve the experience players have. I don't really see any negative impact this could have if implemented. I would love to hear any feedback or suggestions to improve it further or get other ideas of what people think may work better.

Posted May 21, 2020
  2. Hey there!

I totally agree with you. I was actually thinking about this yesterday while I was scrolling through my cosmetics to see what I had. I think it would be very helpful to see what you got from chests. I've gotten many cosmetics from chests, and sometimes I never know what they are because of the game queue. However, I think I have an idea about the game queue that I will post in another thread that may fix the problem. In conclusion, I think this would be a great feature to add, and it requires little effort to develop and implement. I give this a 1+. Have a great day!

Posted May 21, 2020
    Kisme, 0775 and Awquard like this.
  3. I would love to see a system like this implemented; it would be a great tool to explore recent cosmetics you have found in treasure, or simply earned in other ways, saving you from going through many different screens to enable something. It would be a wonderful addition to the cosmetic menu on Java Edition as a whole.

Thanks for sharing this idea, hope to see it implemented!

Posted May 21, 2020
    Awquard, Kisme, 0775 and 1 other person like this.
  4. This sound's like a really good feature for new people that are new to the server and have no idea what the chest's even are, they probably just open them and like start to play a different game or they just don't know the chests is a feature and well, never open them. I feel like this feature would let them be able to understand what they just received. Thanks for this great idea.

Posted May 21, 2020
    Awquard and Kisme like this.
  5. This is such a perfect change, I’m not sure why it hasn’t been implemented. I haven’t thought of this before; it seems like such a great QoL change. Not really much else to say, +1

Posted May 21, 2020
  6. Great to see you again and I absolutely love your suggestion! I feel like it's going to be a great QoL change. Overall, great work! +1

Posted May 21, 2020
  7. Yes. Nice.

Posted May 21, 2020
  8. Hi there!

Yup, I do agree. Every once in a while, I see players complaining about them not receiving anything from chests. Loads of questions are thrown at staff and this hinders the effectiveness of staff resources, unfortunately. So with this update, the players would not only become aware of their new cosmetics but a piece of the staff resources would be spared for something else. Like others above me have stated, this is a nice quality of life update! +1

Posted May 21, 2020
    Awquard likes this.
  9. I definitely like this idea. I don't think it would be particularly hard to implement, and I think it'd help a lot of people out. I also really like the picture you provided of what it would look like. The design is sleek and easy to comprehend.

Another idea for this is to make it not just about chests, but server updates in general. For example, when you click on that, you can see the most recent server updates such as new maps, the recent Cake Wars update, and more. Or, it could take you to the most recent Newsletter.

Either way, I love this idea. +1 from me.

Posted May 21, 2020
    Awquard likes this.
  10. I really like this idea! There have been countless times in the past where I have been in a party and been forced to join a game while I was trying to open a chest. This is definitely frustrating especially when you spent a good amount of shards just to not know what the new cosmetic is that you got. So, this is definitely a +1 from me! I would love to see this implemented in the future.

Posted May 21, 2020
    Awquard likes this.
  11. Hey there,

I'd personally love to see this in a future update. It doesn't seem like it would take much time to do. It's a great way to keep up with the new features over the years. I'd also like to see it bring you to the update thread if you click on the update. That'd be a cool way to do it.

+1 on this idea.

Posted May 21, 2020
  12. Hey!
    I really love this idea, and think it would really benefit a lot of people, including myself. In my opinion, this benefits all players, not just the new players who may not know where to look, but also the veterans who would know where to look, but is just an easier access point to see what they've recently acquired. There are also some situations where I, or other members, have been in the middle of opening a chest, and something happens, may it be crashing or a glitch, or being moved with a party, so you don't see what you've received. This idea would solve that problem extremely well.
    In the end, I think this is an amazing QoL change that wouldn't be super hard to implement and would benefit everyone.
    +1

Posted May 21, 2020
    Awquard likes this.
  13. Howdy 8)!

I think this would be a great feature to add in! Not player is registered on the forums or in the Mineplex discord so those won't be able to see the recent updates. This would also be good for players who haven't been on in awhile and want to know what's new. What I love about your idea is that it is how simple it looks and how if it was added it'd look like it belongs there. Anyways great idea! +1

Posted May 21, 2020
    Awquard likes this.
  14. This would be a very nice in a future QoL update. Sometimes I open the treasures a bit absentmindedly and I don't know if I got something interesting without looking every category. +1 from me.

Posted May 22, 2020
    Awquard likes this.
  15. Hey there!
    This definitely seems like a very well-thought of idea, and in my opinion, really clears the air out for many players who have had issues when switching games when opening chests. Your suggestion definitely seems like a pretty simple QoL change and I'd love to see this added to our current cosmetics layout. I don't see any problems with this, instead I have one question that I think would just clarify on the subject a little.

So far, your idea has covered everything necessary for us to understand and has created a well thought of layout as well. I'm assuming we just click on the golden apples and it shows us our new items. However, I'd like to ask how many items will be shown. Would it be one row? Or would it be be more, and have pages like some cosmetic menus (like morphs for example, has pages), example in the image below.

[​IMG]

Otherwise, I think everything else is clarified and I think you did an awesome job of coming up with this idea. Well done! I really liked the simplicity of this idea, yet how it solves a lot of complaints. I'd love to see more of your ideas around, definitely keep it up. Thanks so much for submitting your idea [​IMG]

Posted May 22, 2020,
    Last edited May 22, 2020
  16. I'm not sure if you guys didn't understand my original post or just didn't read through it all but you both seem to have a different idea of what I actually meant. The feature would be to show players what rewards they received from their opened chests, it has nothing to do with server updates @SpamL @iKassy

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 22, 2020
  17. Hey Awquard! I really enjoy this idea. I’ve actually dealt with this same issue where I have not known/forgotten which items I have won. I feel like this idea would be a quick and simple fix that doesn’t really have any negative impacts. Thank you for submitting this idea, and I agree with you 100%.

Posted May 22, 2020
    Awquard likes this.
  18. I don't feel like there's much point in going in depth here, your idea is great- no if's and's or but's. A feature like this has been implemented in many games (Rainbow 6 Siege comes to mind) to let you know when you get something, for example a special pack (crate). Applying it to cosmetics, it could be used as an inbox to show when players get new cosmetics, preventing the issue of opening a chest mid-queue and not knowing what you got from it. Great idea Awquard!

Posted May 22, 2020
    Awquard likes this.
  19. Hey!
    I really love this idea and defiantly would love for it to be implemented. I think it would be a great way to explore recent things you have found in your chests and would be rather helpful. I also don't see this taking too long to develop which is great! I think this idea would defiantly benefit the server!
    +1 idea

Posted May 22, 2020
    Awquard likes this.
  20. Hey there! i think that this is a great idea that could be found rather helpful to some members, and I would love to see this added! +1

Posted May 23, 2020
    Awquard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.