• 3156 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13449 Players Online
  • 10293 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Whats a good use for gems (MP please make gems useful<3)

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by SXMA, Mar 24, 2020.

1. This is probably already a topic but I think MP should add more things that gems are useful for. like purchasable titles, chests, hats etc. You get the same number of shards/gems thru games yet you can't use them for anything :( Even a gem > shard kinda thing would be cool :P Like 50k gems = 25k shards ?

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    Styxkiller03 likes this.
  2. Honestly, I agree with you. Cosmetics could be bought with gems. I also completely agree with the idea that Gems could potentially be transferred over to shards with some ratio. Thanks for the suggestion!

+1

Posted Mar 24, 2020
  3. Hey!

This is very true. Mineplex needs to add more ways gems can be used. They should make gems used to buy chest like shards can but I'm not sure what else they can be used for. I also think Mineplex should make kits a little more expensive so you can use more gems up. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the gems to shards converter idea has been denied in the past and won't be happening.

Overall, I do agree with this idea so I give it +1!

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    Zenve, SpyNinja__ and SXMA like this.
  4. Howdy there SXMA!

I'd have to give this an idea a +1 . I feel like there aren't many uses for gems at this time, and I feel like us players definitely need something to use them on. I definitely know some free to play players that would love to use their gems on cosmetics, especially since it's harder for them to obtain them. The one think they need to stay away from is shard to gem conversions. The reason for this is because this would violate the EULA. Gem-shard conversions would be fine though because the gems were earned in-game and they're used to buy kits (shards are buyable via the shop through chests, etc.)

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    ItsFree, SpyNinja__ and SXMA like this.
  5. I completely agree with this idea. It's annoying in game how I have about 300,000 gems and nothing to do with it since I have all buy able kits. I hope they do somehow update it to make the gems more useful like your proposed idea's but with making kits more expensive would be somewhat hard for new players who don't have the time or don't have the skill to get the amount of gems in their favorite game like SSM where there are so many kits and it's hard to beat all of the experienced players. But I generally do agree with your idea's proposed.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
  6. While I think gems could be useful for other stuff, I don't think gems should be tampered with crates and I personally don't favor the gem convertor to shards. This is my reasoning why those two ideas can't work on Mineplex.

For crates/chests, allowing gems to be converted for that will completely change the market of crates on Mineplex. Cosmetics are mostly based off of chests on Mineplex. There is a reason why Mineplex offers people to buy crates through their Mineplex shop. That is because shards have more value than gems, and are relatively more difficult to get than gems. People with the immortal rank can easily take advantage of this with their double gems perk.

Even if the ratio of gem converting is relatively low, this could cause some issues. While the probability of getting a rank upgrade is very low, the chances will be much easier if people will have more access to chests/'crates on Mineplex. I could be overestimating but I don't know. This could then affect the market of getting ranks/rank upgrades in the Mineplex shop. While it is at such a slight advantage, it can still affect the market of Mineplex.

In terms of suggestions on how to use gems, we could use them for more valuable things to buy in clans. Especially for clans players, a lot of supplies can be a good way to use gems. For people that don't play clans as much, I think having cosmetics specifically that aren't in chests would be a good idea for using gems. As long as it won't give an advantage over others, I think cosmetics not used in crates could be a good idea. Maybe we could even have a separate chest for simply using your gems and would be the only chest that doesn't require shards. I am just trying to think of ideas haha.

I think cosmetics in crates should mostly stay with shards though, but gems should have more products to buy for rather than kits and donating to communities. Maybe I'd think titles or hats could work, but other cosmetics that are found in chests/crates shouldn't really be used for gems. That is my feedback regarding the idea of converting gems, but I don't know. Feel free to respond back if I am saying wrong, but that is my opinion. Nice idea though.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    ImJustDigital likes this.
  7. I agree, I have so many gems and i don't know what to do with them. Honestly nowadays I just go into the villager morph and try and give some players some free gems. I think mineplex should add something in where we can trade in a certain amount of gems for a certain amount of treasure shards. For example if you traded in 50,000 gems, you could get 10,000 treasure shards in return. Then the more gems you put in, the more treasure shards you would get out. With all my gems I could probably buy every kit in every single game that I don't have so far. This is just my opinions, and I feel like they should add something to it.

Have a good day!

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  8. Well that's not a bad idea but shards are coins therefor cosmetics should be bought with shards. OR it could be made so the rare ones could be bought with gems and the normal ones with shards.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    OnceSpoken likes this.
  9. I totally agree with you you get from me 1+

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    OnceSpoken likes this.
  10. Don't forget that all ranks also have a gem bonus. Eternal has 250 percent more gems. Titan 200, legend 150, etc. (I didn't check so tell me if I'm wrong) This would result in higher ranks opening more chests easier. Also, there are players like me rocking 1 million gems and uhh unless the chest prices are high, we're getting all those cosmetics :D. -1 from me because there are other uses like communities and It's unfair to newer players and even some og players who couldn't get many gems without a rank.

(Sorry, It's actually a shard bonus. I was wrong :P)

Posted Mar 30, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 30, 2020
    MC_Minium and Wiz2K like this.
  11. Ranks give a shard bonus not a gem bonus

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Wiz2K likes this.
  12. Hey there!

Gems and Shards are two completely different currencies on the Mineplex network. Gems were originally created as a currency for the purchasing of ranks, and coins (now called shards) were created for cosmetics. That being said, it would feel a little weird to allow people to purchase cosmetics with gems as I'm not really sure the currency should be used for something like that. What would you suggest as a rate for purchasing these cosmetics? Do you think that the same price that cosmetics are in shards should apply to gems as well?

If you're looking for a use for your gems, one of the best ways is to donate some to communities. If you donate gems to communities, you can help them unlock perks in MCSs (the MPS of communities) that spices things up a little bit like maps and other cosmetic changes. You can donate any amount you want, at any time, to any community.

Additionally, the idea of Shard to Gem transfer or vice versa has been suggested in the past and denied because of a potential EULA violation so that wouldn't work either.

Posted Mar 30, 2020
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.