• 4184 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 14170 Players Online
  • 9986 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What would you like to see added to clans?!

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Stormiiee, Mar 17, 2020.

1. imo it takes no skill to be invis for the whole
    fight but yeah

Posted Mar 18, 2020
  2. Don't bring me into this...

- Fallen

Posted Mar 18, 2020
  3. Hey there!
    I would love to see XP being added to Clans as this would enable players to level up just like in every other gamemode on Mineplex, which would give a greater incentive for players to complete certain tasks. For example players could gain experience by completing Witherton raids, Events, Mining ores, getting kills and just by being on clans through in game time. The only down side that I can see with this is players abusing the system in order to gain excessive amounts of experience, however this can be avoided through the creation of new rules and through balancing of the amount of experience gained from certain activities.

Posted Mar 21, 2020
    2s0 and isaac™ like this.
  4. Yeah good idea exclipse, i would have thought of that earlier but i was preoccupied with the sudden death and the funeral. Sorry i just haven't really been on it lately.

Posted Mar 22, 2020
  5. As stated, I want to see mage get reworked. It is quite powerful when it comes to base camping and overall can fulfill a lot of different roles in pvp.
    We have not seen new content for some time now, so that is another thing I would like to see too. Maybe a new boss, new type of raid, or maybe even a new legendary!
    The community also seems to be a little less active now, so potentially a smaller map would accommodate for this. That way, engaging in fights can happen more often.

Posted Mar 22, 2020
    kznny and GAM like this.
  6. I'd like to see some of my ideas I've suggested in the past. A mount rework, shops additions for blocks, immortal additions/perks, supply monthly packs, different types of farms etc. Most of all, I've always wanted to have a bow legendary in Clans.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    isaac™ likes this.
  7. This is a really good thread topic & there's definitely some great stuff here to take note of. Looking at you, CM!

More than anything, I'd like to do a full 180 and rather than add new content to Clans, edit/rework content from the past. Like @Adrianna mentioned, a mount rework is one of those things. Mounts were meant for travel, not PvP, and because of their implementation have been warped to try and get closer to that "meant for travel" purpose every day. I honestly think that a rework is needed for them.

But my main "thing" would have to be a redo of the siege/besiege system. A poor system that's faced criticism since Day 1 of its implementation, sieges have never been well balanced. In modern Clans, TNT & Cannons are very cheap but still just as ineffective as always. More than anything, they're used to cause chaos and blow up random parts of a base, maybe designs that took a long time to build, but rarely do they actually result in a positive net gain. Usually, more money is spent still on the reduced siege toolset than gained from a raid. I believe that some sort of rework to sieges is 100% fully necessary in order to improve the Clans "condition."

Moving on, I'd like to see a complete rework of the leaderboard system. Originally suggested by myself a few seasons ago and taken note of by mepman9, the leaderboard system was unfortunately implemented in the completely wrong way. The calculations are shotty, the numbers manage to go into the negatives, and the leaderboard is not given the emphasis it should. My suggestion would be to re-implement the leaderboard off a set of different, new calculations based off of the merit of the clan as a whole, rather than the sum of its individual members as it is now, making sure that all numbers are positive integers. I would then implement rewards for leaderboard top positions. These wouldn't be "ooh I get a legendary" rewards, but rather more subtle. For example, let's say my clan is leaderboard top #1; When a player in my clan kills someone else, they drop 10% of their gold instead of four. This is an arbitrary example, but essentially just small boosts given for being leaderboard top, that together add up to an incentive to go for the top spot. At the end of the season, CM could choose to reward players with LB Top 1 on each hardcore server, some hardcore servers, etc. Even perhaps having it be "The top player on C1 gets a legendary next season" could prevent server-switching which we see plague Clans in today's day and age. Finally, I would implement a hologram system at both West & East shops which shows players the top 10 leaderboard clans and tells them how to access the leaderboard. A system like this would ensure that players get the most out of the leaderboard system, as well as would bring a better sense of "the end goal" for Clans. Currently, it's just wealth accumulation. But there would ALWAYS be a fight for LB Top #1 if the incentive was strong enough, increasing the longevity of a season, driving up competition and making the game ultimately more fun. That's just the short, I've got a document in the works on why leaderboards are a necessary part of Clans that @Busjack5 is sorely mistaken about :)

Again with this trend of reworks, I would hope to see outposts reworked. There's only a few simple things that need to be done to make them viable. Stuff like: "Outposts can be placed in ANY unclaimed chunk and automatically center to the middle of the chunk" to allow for them to work anywhere, without the 1 chunk claim buffer we currently have. Other stuff like a longer time, maybe upping the price by 15k but including a cannon in one of the chests, etc. I'd also like to see the "health" system reworked to being a physical entity instead of an armor stand (maybe a villager) as it takes 15 minutes (I timed it) to kill an outpost, an absurd and unfair number.

Continuing, I'd like to see that the Travelling Villager event is redone/reworked. Currently, it favors players with Speed 3 mounts and large, 20 man Clans. But due to some other changes I'll reference in a bit, that's not really viable. My suggestion is keeping the general idea of the event the same, but limiting the travelling villager so that it can only be within a certain area outside of the wilderness. Instead of being anywhere in the borderlands...

As for what I was referencing, that's my next thing. I'd like to see that the # of players in a clan was reduced from 20 to 12. This number, I believe is fair as it is a compromise between the larger clans of 15-20 members and the smaller clans of 4-6 members. I do not believe Clans was meant for "solos" or 3-4 player Clans. However, I do recognize that the number of players in a clan has not been 20 for a long time, and that those Clans that do manage to get 15-20 players tend to be "power clans," which stomp on the little guys. My goal with reducing the number of players in a clan from 20 -> 12 is not to encourage small Clans, but rather bridge the gap between those larger Clans and small Clans that will exist. It also has the secondary goal of more map usage, and more action-packed PvP. If you split those larger clans into two close allies, there are double the clans to get warpoints on, double the map usage for those two clans, and if one clan quits/gets bored, that doesn't necessarily mean that the other clan will too, because they're separate clans.

Aaaand that's that! There's more, but not for a forum post. Clans is a great game-mode with great potential that desperately needs some work. I don't think pumping out content & forgetting about the deep flaws this game has is the right way to go. I don't think this game needs "New Events," "New Legendaries," or even an XP system. All that does is put a fresh coat of figurative paint onto a rusted, broken-down ship. We've got to look back at the flaws that have plagued this game since its release and correct them, BEFORE moving on. Something that, as a community, we have failed to do for 6 seasons, and 3 maps thus far.

Regards,
    Isaac.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    Stormiiee likes this.
  8. Hey just saying but in the tank meta, you should definitely check out lorb + void mage thing. Mage is good as a support, not really a tank. But void does tank.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    Line likes this.
  9. If i could @all of CM rn i would just to tell em to do everything that @isaac™ has just suggested

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    wattywatty14 and isaac™ like this.
  10. Perfectly said. Thanks for the post!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 26, 2020
    isaac™ likes this.
  11. I agree with everything you are saying here. With that being said we need all the stuff you just suggested and some of the majors bugs right now to be patched. Finally I think that Capture Point/Undead City/Eclispe should be removed from clans. Finally I think that we need an event that spawns every 30 minutes, or something to do when there is no action. Such as giving people a chance to find a parts of a silver token when mining or killing people etc. Just some ideas I might elaborate on later. Everything Isaac has said is exactly what clans needs right now. Thanks you!

-GAM

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    isaac™ likes this.
  12. When it comes to different types of farms I think that mushrooms farms shouldn’t exist because of how much lag they cause. My idea to fix this is to add a system like the TNT Gen. You can buy this system for x amount of coins and you will get a stack of soups every 6 hours with a maximum of 3 in the villager at once. This is just an idea I’ll elaborate on later. Thanks!

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  13. In almost any game exp can be abused and this will be the same for clans. It’s inevitable that people will abuse it, so make a way for us to get exp and gems and than make it as hard to abuse as possible, but at the same time accept that it will always be able to be abused, no matter what.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  14. Mage needs a massive rework. I think that Rupture needs to be removed because of how broken it is. People can’t even leave their bases anyone...

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  15. I was going to touch on this in my post but I forgot. I believe if cap point were buffed & moved to Fields it would be the event that they were intending for originally & would gain a lot of attention/attraction from players. It has the potential to be the most exciting event of them all (given how competitive it is) if it's done right...

Undead City needs to be reworked not removed. It was one of the most fun events of Beta which only is terrible now due to some poor choices by CM when they were reworking it. I think that if they re-implemented the old values from Beta w/ furnaces & chests that the event would ultimately be more fun than it is right now and would get a lot more attention. This would also mean Undead Villages & Cities based off of playercount, as to balance so that people can't get rich quick when the server is 5/80 players.

Eclipse has already been removed from the rotation, can only be spawned by GrandpaNguyen (though to be fair, when he does it nearly crashes the server lol).

Events every 30 minutes simply won't happen, as that would make overnight farming easier and speed up the general progress of Clans by a lot. Servers already die quickly because of how easy it is to accumulate wealth and how hard it is to lose it.

Thanks for the kind words though!

Yes ma'am Mage OP.

Regards,
    Isaac.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  16. Remove my index or put me in the RIP program.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  17. In order to become a member of the Reformed Index Program (RIP for short), a Clans Management member must nominate you to join. You can find a list of CM at mineplex.com/staff.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  18. They should add pets / companions. Like wolves and ocelots and stuff. That would be fun and cute.

The pets could help with events or whatever. Not obviously too powerful but adds a little something

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  19. Not a poor idea... Do you have a sample for what a pet might be? Just like anything. I'd like to circle this within the Clans Insights team & get some opinions, because it has some potential to add a new gameplay aspect. Really any half-baked idea will do just to get the ball rolling. :)

EDIT: After some talking, I think there might be an "image" problem with pets... Just because of the nature of the Clans game-mode... you might end up with a lot of dead dogs, rabbits, etc. Players are brutal... Poor domesticated bunnies already get slaughtered, slowly becoming extinct after SOTW.

But still, elaborate, it isn't a bad idea.

Posted Mar 26, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 26, 2020
  20. Even killed one domesticated rabbit myself since my enemies wouldn't offer up their gear. Good way to inflict emotional damage, would recommend :thumbsup:

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    isaac™ likes this.
  21. Got a couple mediocre samples. The main basis of the idea, though, is moreso cosmetic rather than something you can use for fights and stuff.

The dog pet you could either buy in the shop or whatever. You could make it sit at your base as a kind of guard. Not a powerful one of course. If someone were to raid your base (as in get inside) could do some form of quick attack. Like half a heart if that. If you had the dog with you and you were doing a raid or an event it could do a little bit of damage. There wouldn't be a way to control it at all. like no way to make it perform an attack like how it is in Beastmaster on SG. If you dog dies, it could respawn after like 15 minutes.

The ocelot pet would be like a tamed cat. Buy it in the shop or however you choose to make it work. Works the same way as a dog but instead of performing a quick attack, it could heal you. Something SMALL like 1 heart everytime you're low. It would only heal ONE heart with a cool down of 5 minutes. So like I said not insanely powerful. Idk if it's possible to make the ocelot chill at your base but if it's possible, it would work just like the dog. Same respawn time if it dies as the dog.

And then the rabbit. All the same stuff as above ^. It's helpfulness could be dropping carrots. I feel like a jump boost would be too OP but I dont know. Maybe the clans ideas has a better one for this one lol.

Of course each player can only have one pet in my eyes and it will only ever help you or perform attacks for you. It wouldn't assist clan members at all. Maybe there could also be a limit to how many pets there are in a clan. It would definitely need to go through some form of testing to make sure it doesn't change the game too much and how it's played because in my eyes, this should just be a cute little cosmetic addition with the tiniest miniscule amount of benefit.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    GAM likes this.