• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What type of Mute is this?

Discussion in 'Help' started by ScarletBlood37, Apr 15, 2019 at 10:41 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There is this problem that I don’t know the name to. When you send a message into normal chat, it goes through even though it is similar, and nobody can see your message. You also cannot see other people’s normal chat messages. The only way you can communicate is through team chat, because other people can actually see your team chat messages. You are also allowed to rename your pet. What type of mute is this? Is it shadow mute?
    My best friend has this type of mute, and I am ghost muted. The only way we can communicate is him asking me questions through team chat or renaming his pet, and the only way I can respond is by nodding or shaking my head. Please tell me if this is Shadow Mute or some other mute, but it has been going on for a few weeks now and I have been ghost muted for about three days.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 10:41 AM
  2. Waspter

Waspter

Hello!

Indeed, this seems like a Ghost Mute. The only way you can remove it is by contacting Microsoft. You can also tell your friend to do that. Ghost Mutes prevent you from other people seeing your chats, like you described, and are issued by Microsoft randomly. This means that you haven't done anything wrong, it's just that Microsoft decided to Ghost Mute you for some reason. You can contact them here.

If you have any further questions, feel free to message me or another staff member at www.mineplex.com/staff.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 11:16 AM
  3. WinteryOsprey38

WinteryOsprey38

Hey,

From how you described this issue, it seems like your friend may have unknowingly disabled Public Chat in the Mineplex settings. Disabling Public Chat will prohibit any taking in the chat and will disallow one from seeing other players' messages as well; it will however, allow renaming pets and talking in the chat via Team Chat. I also decided to test this out myself, and the same thing with how you described this issue occurred to me. This problem can be resolved by enabling Public Chat once again through the Mineplex Settings located in the settings of Minecraft.

I will be locking this thread due to concern being addressed, if you have any further questions, feel free to privately message me.

Thread Locked -> Concern Addressed

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 7:06 PM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.