• 1024 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6178 Players Online
  • 5154 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What people need to realize about immortal

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Sunny / Slash, Feb 9, 2020.

1. I could not be thinking straight due to flu season, but it is very clear and irresponsible that the design and leadership completely knew that it would anger community members by adding Immortal rank to revamp PPC, which clearly shouldn’t be the focus and use of development time as of right now. It’s saddening to see them add such a useless feature that wasted time that could have been used to balance games and do other things that the community actually wanted to be fixed.

In fact, they deny ideas that are actually wanted by the community for “Not the main focus” or “Not something that would be very useful to spend time with” (something along those lines) but yet they choose to add something completely useless to the server.

I don’t want to go to in-depth about this topic, but the lack of communication throughout Mineplex is only doing worse to the server as time goes by. I still will never understand how hard it is to communicate with the CoM and GI before implementing something to the server?
    Instead of adding something that is “Paytowin” and clearly just for the money, they could be working on fixing the mistakes they made in the past then just sweeping it under the rug by saying “you don’t know what goes on behind the scenes.”

In my personal opinion, I believe Mineplex needs to focus on actually taking the criticism into account instead of hiding that there aren’t many problems to be fixed and everything is going to be okay. (When I say this, I don’t speak about the entire staff team as a vast majority don’t have control over this).
    Correct me if I’m wrong

(this was typed on my phone so sorry if autocorrect makes me sound weird)

Update: Thanks OneThousand <33

[​IMG]

Posted Feb 9, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 9, 2020
  2. Honestly, I wasn’t really expecting another rank. But I guess in some ways it is good.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    Sunny / Slash likes this.
  3. I'm very disappointed today seeing this rank. They knew after a while ppc was bad and people didn't want to pay monthly for momentary perks. What also annoys me about this is (as others are saying) that they basically took peoples complaints and old features that were FREE and made it up for grabs through payment, which took no real work on their end. This rank was rushed and feels almost as a cash grab in which they also completely disregarded that they have server partnership with minecraft and violated the eula.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  4. Heyo Sunny!

While I somewhat disagree with this rank, your opinion on it certainly has changed the way I look at this rank. I’ve actually realized that lots of players have complained about the immortal rank, and while I might’ve been one of those; it’s a rank, at least Mineplex tried to initiate another rank. Honestly, it’s a unique rank and lots of perks - overall it’s pretty neat. I feel like some players have overlooked it just because, they’re upset over it. Most of the players that are upset are Eternals, because they spent money on their rank, and suddenly a better rank comes up.

Now that I think about it, while it might’ve changed a few things, it’s not a very huge change overall. Ironically enough, players barely payed attention to PPC players and now, it suddenly becomes a flashy rank, and players start an uproar about it.

Lots of players probably think it was a waste of time; actually it doesn’t take that long to implement a new rank, as Sunny stated. PPC was initially fine the way it was, but developers wanted to make it more important, so as a result we got the Immortal rank.

Even though Immortal is somewhat pricey, Mineplex isn’t doing it for the money, they’re doing it for the community. If they wanted money, ranks would’ve costed a lot more than they do, and even if they are a bit pricey now, they have sales all the time. Mineplex isn’t greedy for money, so don’t accuse them of that. PPC was always a subscription - they just changed the subscription up a little, to fit with the perks of Immortal.

Mineplex wasn’t trying to deplete the other ranks, I understand it may seem that way, but it’s not. Plenty of players will still buy Eternal over PPC or Immortal. Despite the uproar about it deceasing the importance of other ranks, it actually hasn’t changed anything. Immortal may be higher, but it’s a subscription, while Eternal is actually the “Immortal” one, as it stays permanently.

Overall, Immortal isn’t that bad; it could use some work, but it isn’t the end of the world. Mineplex will probably keep it despite the complaints, because after all, it really isn’t that bad.

Thanks for sharing this, definitely changed my perspective on the revised PPC.

Posted Feb 9, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 17, 2020
  5. Yeah I feel people are getting a little too upset. There are definitely a few things wrong with this update, like the EULA breaking Gem booster, that Stacker, a classic feature previously available to everyone is now part of a subscription service, or the fact that it includes features that had been previously denied by Mineplex.

In the end though it's just more stuff for people paying for the subscription service, it's definitely much better than PPC. Personally I'm just hoping that something good will come out of this, like MP being able to hire new devs with the extra money or something.

Posted Feb 10, 2020
  6. SMALL update? That's a very big understatement if you think that it was a small update, they completely changed it, added more perks to it and even stripped some perks from the lower ranks/players. If you were to completely change something, strip permissions from lower players, would you expect it to go without backlash? No, you're going to get a tonne of backlash for that, which is what is happening.

Okay, so you're partially correct here. It didn't waste much time from on the developers side, but it did waste their time, an update that was denied many times. We received this update whilst waiting for updates on the games that we all play, a rank isn't what keeps the players on the server, the games are. If you upgrade the games, you're a lot more likely to keep your players than if you offer them a new rank. The only people that are going to buy this new rank are those that don't understand that as long as Mineplex keeps releasing stuff that makes no difference what so ever, they're going to keep losing players.

Theoretically, you could say that anything that Mineplex does from a marketing point of view is for the money, because THAT IS WHAT MARKETING IS. If you put something on the market, the goal is to make money from it, not just advertise it and hope for the best. They may not have changed the price, but making it into a subscription rank, offering stupid amounts of benefits and allowing everyone to basically bypass any other rank is just dumb and most certainly was from a marketing (money) point of view. Also, people didn't complain back when the ranks were subscriptions because there was the option to subscribe OR buy it permanently.

This one is just hiding the truth. If you go back and look at all of the idea threads that were processed by our community management and ideas team, you will see that basically every one of these ideas was denied by Production for multitudes of reasons. Whilst yes, community management and ideas didn't disregard any of this, production just completely disregarded everything they said before and went back on what they said. The reason the community is mad at Mineplex for this update is that they didn't tell anyone or get opinions on it beforehand, they just pulled it out of nowhere. If you look carefully, you'll notice that even staff members are upset about this update, meaning that they weren't made aware of it beforehand, and if they were, it was just before it was pushed, so they didn't have time to give their feedback.

I'm not a fan of this new rank at all and I will never be able to understand why Mineplex goes back on their decisions to deny the ideas. If Mineplex denies an idea, they should stick to that, not turn their backs and do it with barely anyone knowing about it, that's what causes this huge backlash. It's not the first time they've done it without alerting anyone and I don't think it will be the last.

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    Mitchy, mab8400, allykat and 3 others like this.
  7. I have spoken with Dean and he has said himself that the rank took very little dev time at all and it barely took any time away from the other things they were working on. She might have made an assumption, but it was correct.

I don't see the issue here? Companies are designed to make money? They made changes to ppc in a very short time that got them some money, that is most likely going to be spent on things to improve the server. This whole argument that people have that "they just want money" is so weird because that's what this server is about. To make money. Now, if this money they made isn't spent on improving the server (i.e. hiring a new dev), then that's a problem. But simply making something to get money isn't inherently wrong. That's why any rank exists on any server.

Posted Feb 10, 2020
  8. I don't recall ever saying it was a bad thing that they just want money.... so it makes zero sense to argue with me about that. The reason why I said it was because she said they didn't do it for the money which is completely untrue for the reasons that you have listed.

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    NothinButNet and Xukuwu like this.
  9. Ah, my bad. I misread what you both said. I'll still keep it there because a lot of people think them doing something for money is a bad thing for some reason (which is what I thought you were saying).

Posted Feb 10, 2020
    little_dude_9000 likes this.
  10. I mean doing something for money can be a bad thing, and in this case I think it was. This new rank delayed the clans reset so that they could make more money from the rank, violates the EULA, and includes harmfull/annoying or previous features available to everyone.

Posted Feb 10, 2020
  11. Wait, could Mineplex be shut down if someone reported their EULA violation?

Posted Feb 10, 2020
  12. Probably not shut down but maybe sued, the features would 100% have to be removed though

Posted Feb 10, 2020
  13. It’s just a Rank, And Hypixel is doing the same thing with personal Coin Boosters

Posted Feb 16, 2020
  14. Doesn't matter if other servers are violating the EULA. Mineplex is the "Offical Server of Minecraft" (or something like that) and should follow the rules mojang implemented. If things like the gem boosters and xp boosters are allowed to remain in the game, games like clans could become completely pay-to-win.

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  15. People need to realize that this *Immortal* rank goes against EULA, all the cosmetic it brings is fine, but the moment where I saw:
    - 300% Shard Bonus
    - Double Gems

My thought immediately went to "haha, EULA scandal incoming!!!" For those who don't know what EULA is, its a End Users License Agreement, and I'm pretty sure it vaguely states that you can't make your Server a Pay to Win server, which is what this dumb joke of a server is doing.
    "Double Gems and 3x the shard bonus if I buy this rank? Oh boy! Well, of course, I'll buy this" - is what any regular play would say coming across this. But on Mineplex's side of the server, this was a grave mistake, they should've learned from the more superior server whom came across this issue. Literal meme.

Posted Feb 18, 2020