• 2587 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11809 Players Online
  • 9222 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What people need to realize about immortal

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Sunny / Slash, Feb 9, 2020.

1. So, today I've watched major backlash on mineplex and seen so much hate, but I kind of want to explain to people from my prespective why its not that big of a deal, and why people shouldn't be complaining.

First of all, this is a RANK!! As funny as it is to watch everyone complain over a rank, its also kind of frustrating and sad. I see mineplex as a home and an amazing community, but if everyone is going to go insane over a rank being added, it makes no sense.

Barely any change to the actual server. You could say, ppc got a small update, not much tbh. PPC got more perks and a tag ingame, while ya the tag doesn't look good now, it can be changed later on. The extra perks ingame for $7s per month is amazing! Its honestly a good deal, and if I had paypal or even money, I'd buy it 100%.

This did not waste much time on the developers side!! Adding an actual rank does not take that long if you already have code to other ranks (such as eternal). All they did were add some simple things, and honestly I doubt fly took too long to be added, because they could just take something similar from what they did with the wither morph. Honestly, it didn't waste too much development time, and this shouldn't be seen an issue.

Stop saying mineplex just wanted the money. They did not bring the price too much higher for ppc if they even did change it. It's still similar to the same price, and I highly doubt they did it just for the money they'd get out of it. Just cause the rank costs money, doesn't mean their begging you lol, mineplex ranks used to all be subscriptions, and people didn't complain back then!!

Mineplex did not disregard everything. Many people suggested new ranks, several times. While ya, they were originally denied, doesn't mean they just got rid of their opinions. In the end, opinions on the ideas were changed, and if anything, you should be glad they implented community ideas, not mad at mineplex.

Hope you understand my view point, while I know alot of the major backlash has died down, I just wanted to explain somethings to the people who are still frustrated and not happy with mineplex. If you don't agree with anything I said, or have more to say, feel free to reply!!

-Sunny / Slash

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  2. If so I would like it to be perm for 200 dollars instead

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  3. First of all, this is a RANK!! First of all some of these perks violate the EULA!!!!

Barely any change to the actual server. There's been a large change to the server, there way more advertising and chat is very confusing.
    This did not waste much time on the developers side!! Everything takes dev time. Whats outrageous is that clans was set for a reset yesterday, and it was postponed so that they could add a queue skipper into Immortal

Mineplex did not disregard everything. I'd say they did. Many of the features added were never asked for, denied, or unwanted.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    NothinButNet, SpitefulNick and Mitchy like this.
  4. It did not take much development time, however they're clearly very irresponsible by knowing they'd anger Community with the update by pushing a paid program before actually putting any meaningful development into the server.

I know you're a diehard supporter of the server, and you'd never say anything negative about it. But you have to also see our standpoint. We've been with this server since 2015-2016. We haven't gotten development for our respective games in years. You can't excuse that they have other things to do. 2-3 years an ssm update is outrageous, same for an update to minestrike. Champs got an update recently, but they still waited for an update for years as well. You can not cut mineplex one inch of slack here. It's due to their ungodly lack of communication, mismanagement, and owner bureaucratic control that mineplex is in a horrible position at the moment. And what do we get for being loyal members of the server? More money, more bedrock skins, more bedrock pets. Each which gets a hefty amount for mineplex each week. It's absolutely disgusting how ownership just ignores everything we've been asking for these years. They don't seem to care, then staff get the brunt of the anger for it when they had nothing to do with the desicion.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    allykat, Monkqy, pinfoil and 9 others like this.
  5. 1. they can change the perks to not violate the EULA very easily

2. just because a clan reset was postponed yesterday, doesn't mean it specifically has to do with the rank, there could of been numerous other reasons

3. alot of the ideas were denied or originally unwanted, but they were reconsidered by staff

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 9, 2020
  6. None of the denied ideas were reconsidered by staff. Staff had no idea they were reconsidered. It was leadership who suddenly did a 180. You're massively uninformed about this

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  7. 1. How on earth would a gem boost not violate the EULA. The only way to change the XP boost is to remove the gem rewards from level rewards.
    2. It was confirmed by a mod that clans was postponed because of the rank.
    3. The fact that an idea isn't wanted should mean that it shouldn't be added in. Some of these ideas (ie flight/anti velocity) were denied for good reason, and only added in for a new perk. How does the previous argument change?

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    NothinButNet likes this.
  8. the development team didn't waste time on the update, it was something quick they could push out. No matter what they updated they would've gotten backlash from other players because their games didn't get updated. I see your frustration, and why your unhappy, but they just wanted to get something out.

I will admit I was toxic for atleast 10 minutes when I noticed it came out, but I calmed myself down. please calm down as well and just move on knowing its only a small change.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 9, 2020
  9. I completely agree with a lot that you said. I do like the fact they added a new rank, and that many people wanted this and was denied previously, but people should be happy that there idea was later accepted. I'll have to disagree with the money part that you stated, I don't think that it's as extreme as some people are making it.
    Mineplex is a business. They need money to keep the business running. They knew that this update would have given them a money boost since it's all flashy. Just because it's not that much more money than PPC doesn't mean it wasn't for money. Obviously, it was for money, as if they didn't get any money, they wouldn't have added this update in my opinion.

It probably didn't take that much time to develop this. I agree with that. I just find it quite disappointing that this is what we got for a "big-ish" update. There hasn't been updates on certain games for years. Glitches that ruin games still exist and are "known" yet are not fixed for years. I just think that this time to make this rank could've been used for better stuff, even if it didn't take that much time. It was still time.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    Overstuffed, BDIZZ and Sunny / Slash like this.
  10. I'm not really angered that they didn't update xyz game. Its that they decided to withhold the promised update (reset) just to add a new feature. This is in no way a new change. This breaks the clans queue, makes chat chaos, and breaks the law.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    NothinButNet likes this.
  11. 1. The server is a buggy mess where every single game has a better version on a different server
    2. The rank breaks EULA
    3. Mineplex denied suggestions that included many of the features that are currently in Immortal rank
    4. This is a huge cash grab
    5. Eternal was said to be the LAST rank (then again so was Legend so I guess that shows Mineplex really is just a greedy company)
    6. Not only did they break EULA, they're acting like they didnt even though when gem boosters were suggested in the past, they denied them because they broke EULA
    7. "Barely any changes to the actual server." Yeah thats the problem. Kinda sucks that everyone wants the games they play to be fixed but Mineplex is just doing everything they can get kids to steal their parents credit card.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    HolyCombo, Mitchy and BDIZZ like this.
  12. Ok, I meant leaders, give me a break, todays been a hard day offline, typing mistakes happen. I'm not uninformed with whats happening. I honestly don't want to fight anyone else over this, because I've gotten into too many fights over this today.

They can remove the gem boost, it would be rather easy too remove.

Ok, it was confirmed why it was postponed, but still, the reset is still going to happen eventually

They were trying to make the rank have things that made it better, you can't really fight against that. I mean, why have a rank with no extra perks?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 9, 2020
  13. XP boost also has to be removed, and the fact that they have to remove features will leave some crying for a refund. The issue with the clans reset is the fact that there have been people waiting for hours for the reset, having no idea when it will be updated because of this new rank. This new rank was not asked for. It was made to make money, not to make the server better.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  14. Even if the rank was made to get money in some way, its to help keep the server up. A minecraft server like mineplex takes hundreds of dollars to keep running per year. If mineplex isn't making enough money to keep the server up, they need a way to get more. I know you don't like the fact the clans reset was postponed, but I doubt mineplex would do this unless they were in need of money, so be glad there's a server, because would you rather have a new rank, or mineplex to shut down?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 9, 2020
  15. nice assumption

They literally did just do it for the money so idk what ur talking about.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  16. lol i like how u only addressed the 3 points at the top and not the rest, because u can clearly tell that all other points are un-argueable

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  17. Toxicity is calling development lazy, saying mineplex is dying, being intentionally rude. However I am doing none of that. If you're writing a thread defending the server, you have to expect backlash to it. I am simply rebutting the points you made. You can't call it rude if this is supposed to be a discussion. You can point out my mistakes, and I can point out your mistakes.

"No matter what they updated they would've gotten backlash from other players"

This is simply false. When Champs was updated, everyone was excited, and put out feedback for the update. There wasnt a barrage of anger there is now, and LT only has themselves to blame for the backlash.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    Mitchy and BDIZZ like this.
  18. Additionally to add, Mineplex gets an estimated 1,000 to $2,000 a week or a week and a half from bedrock items. So this isn't about monetary issues either. Businesses have the responsibility of keeping their customers happy.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  19. the rank we have been waiting for years for is a disappointment, you cant argue with that

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    BDIZZ likes this.
  20. To be honest I wasn't waiting for a rank.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    M4RK7000 and HolyCombo like this.