• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8119 Players Online
  • 5229 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What needs to be done to balance the Assassin

Discussion in 'Champions' started by beanowonotanuwu, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Remove the Assassin's kit Bow. Removing Bow's from the Assassin kit will stop bow spamming and also, Silencing Arrow is a very hated ability in Assassin's kits so removing Bows would remove this ability as well. Marked for Death will also have to go through, Marked For Death was never, at least in my eyes, an ability adored by the community. Smoke Arrow is what I would perceive to be the most loved out of all the Bow skills. A Major part of the power of the assassin kit stems from Bow skills. My proposed changes could be what is needed to take away the overpowered advantage the Assassin kit has over every other kit.

Now I'll admit that Illusion-tapping and Illusion glitching are still very powerful; however, now when an Assassin gets Hilt 5'ed or get's low, they cannot run away and instantly bow spam to clutch out the fight.

Posted Jul 1, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  2. I think in order to properly balance the Assassin class or at least take steps in the right direction, you'd actually have to make minor alterations to the other elements of the class. The bow is not the primary reason for the Assassin being difficult to counter. A better way to address issues with the bow would be to reduce its damage or reduce the number of arrows that can be added in the editor, as opposed to removing it outright.

Posted Jul 1, 2019
    Fall, Starx280 and Sakeusi like this.
  3. Hey there!

In my opinion, the assassins class has been modified countless times throughout the years and now I think it is stable enough compared with the other classes.

Posted Jul 1, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  4. BOI

It's definitively broken rn, the entire community knows this :P

But you are entitled to your opinion, no doubt about that.

Posted Jul 1, 2019
  5. The problem with assassin is that they do clans and champions kit patches as one (or so I was told). This is an issue because assassin, as every clans player knows, is broken af due to the way the game is played. However, in the current DOM/CTF setting, the kit is actually relatively balanced.

Posted Jul 1, 2019
  6. Hey there!

In my opinion, there really isn't any problem with assassins as of right now except the Illusion Glitch that you can do in Clans and the actual game. For the bow of the assassin, just dodge the arrows. Maybe that's why everyone hates Silence Arrows, because they don't know how to dodge an arrow. All the kits in Champions are pretty balanced, too.

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

Posted Jul 1, 2019

7. "just dodge the arrows" wow thanks./ It's not like the kit can kill every class in 4 hits with marked for death, or 6 without it. Or has 2 ways to become essentially invincible, completely get out of fights with no penalty with recall, and has literaly no downside of just spoamming evade on the off chance that it downst work you can just easily get out of there with recall or smoke bomb or flash or blink or literally just running

Posted Jul 22, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  8. Just make it so every time Assassin casts an ability, it uses energy. It'll cut down on evade spamming and make it harder for the player to recall. Though this may gut the kit completely, as the way it is at the moment any nerf to the kit would be a good nerf. Or make the game not playable on 1.9+, this will stop the glitches that come with 1.9+ that break the game. Though I don't know how Clans really works, for DOM I know 1.9 isn't essential.

Posted Jul 22, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  9. Clans isn't playable on 1.9

Posted Jul 23, 2019
  10. It's nowhere near stable. Burst assassin is THE most punishing setup in the meta right now and entire lobbies can die within 2 or 3 games if a few friends who are above average at the game play assassin together. The only decent counter is knight, but that's assuming the assassin doesn't just run away and heal or stall until they can get help.

Posted Aug 1, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  11. If they manage to fix the glitches with assassin it won't be too hard to counter. My favorite way is to just play brute with block toss 6 and spam that.

Posted Aug 2, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  12. Just remove it, it would make Champions so fresh and actually enjoying.

It would also promote good players instead of trash players who pick up a broken kit lmao

The game would be 10x better

Posted Aug 3, 2019
    matrixyst likes this.
  13. Honestly all kits have broken or OP abilities, that can be used easily

Posted Aug 4, 2019
  14. hiya!, you can easily remove ANY EFFECTS (negative potion effects, non-vanilla effects such as silencing) using a water bottle, making silence arrows somewhat not useful at all. So.. if you hate silence arrows, just right click the bottle and tada! your silence effect is gone. This also works for other effects such as marked for death.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  15. Yes assassin is broken and I believe should be severely nerfed. Not removed but nerfed - a lot!
    I think that the class is good for competitive gameplay for example it is good for getting gems fast and travelling around the map quickly.
    If it was to be nerfed I think that it should still keep all axe abilities but it should be less damaging. Also I do think that the amount of arrows should be less than 12 because if you are in a tight space, you can't Dodge the arrows and a lot of players spam with a bow until you are literally 2hit from their combo attack. The main problem with the class though for me is that its just not fun to fight against at all.

Posted Sep 3, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  16. Honestly, of the top 3 things about assassins that annoy me, their bow isn't in those. They're easily countered by ranger, mage (if you have the right abilities). Knights and Brutes not so much but at-least they have heavy armour to soak up several arrows.

No, the ability that accounts for like 30% of my deaths is the combo attack + illusion combo. Especially when they manage to teleport behind you. How the hell is any mage or ranger supposed to be able to counter that?

You can counter it with hilt smash? Oh, great. So I'm supposed to be a hilt smash knight every time my game has at-least one enemy with illusion. No, screw that. No ability should force you to adopt a specific kit just to be able to counter it.

Posted Sep 4, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  17. My thought on the Assassin class is that the stats say ‘1+ damage on all attacks’ on the description of the class when you right click it on the compass menu is unfair. This along side the ‘-1 damage from fall damage’ should be removed - their constant speed 2 effect is enough to make them outrun anybody and the very popular use of the axe ability; Flash is an added bonus.

Also the abilities for the bow are fine, however the ‘Silencing Arrow’ ability could be nerfed, by reducing the time that it lasts on all 3 levels (instead of removing it all together). This would allow the Assassin to give out a few advantaged hits just into the fight, so later it is more fair.

Lastly, the ‘Illusion glitch’ is very annoying - its where an Assassin will block to become invisible but at the same time, attack via block-punching. They are invisible, unable to be hurt, attacking and using ability all in one. I don’t fully know how it works, but they shouldn’t be able to attack when using the ability. On top of that, maybe remove the slowness effect it applies when the illusion dies or goes away.

Posted Oct 3, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.