• 375 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4345 Players Online
  • 3970 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What is your favorite/most effective way to take out a team's cake?

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Itsn2l, Nov 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hey guys!

I'm a veteran player who took a long break from Mineplex until about a month and a half or so back. I have absolutely fell in love with Cake Wars, however I am still inexperienced. What I personally find most effective when getting to a team's cake is to use the Default Kit every game, focus on the Side Beacons to get emeralds and get tons of the Poly Sheep Traps. I like to build way above, or pearl to a base when they aren't expecting it, and drop the sheep on top of it the base.

Another effective way I have found is to box myself inside the Cake Defense. This works well for me, however getting to the point of boxing myself in is rather challenging without dying.

I was just hoping to get some feedback from some veteran Cake Wars players on my two go-to strategies for when I am attempting to get to someone's cake and if you guys have any advice or other ways you all like to go about doing so.

I'd love to hear what your strategies are below!

-n2l

Posted Nov 25, 2020
  2. Well, usually I'm with a party (unless I'm solo queuing for my alt stats) and we rush mid as soon as we can, with 3 of us at mid. Once a team builds to mid all of us rush them and usually by the 1 minute mark we've already eaten their cake because they haven't had enough time to put proper base defense.

Posted Nov 25, 2020
    Itsn2l likes this.
  3. Welcome back (:!
    Your strategies is basically what I use besides Poly the Sheep. It can easily be killed and its just more efficient if done being sneaky and destroy the barriers around the cake. I love default kit and hate snowball kit! It’s a difficult battle if against one another. The best way to approach honestly is practicing strafe techniques rather than directly coming at the player to fight as they can snowball combo which isn’t fun haha.
    Some methods I have seen especially in duos is using the archer kit to bow and defend. Really difficult to handle but again, strafing techniques come in handy! Bowing off enemies is efficient to do if you would like that approach too! Can maybe even knock them off their platform?
    Thanks for making this thread hope to see you in game sometime!
    <3

Posted Nov 25, 2020
    Itsn2l likes this.
  4. Rushing.

There's no better feeling than being in a voice call with your teammate in Duos, coordinating yourselves as you prepare to engage in raw battle against your closest enemies.

So there are several outcomes, either the team is very good and we get rushed back and die pretty quickly, we eat their cake successfully in our first attempt, or the fighting draws to a stalemate. The latter ones can be fun, but even if we win them, there is usually a team that already has enough gear to safely win the game. Then again, my teammate and I enjoy being the underdogs.

I don't really like to fight against organized defences.

Posted Nov 25, 2020
    ilyLegend and Itsn2l like this.
  5. Honestly I hate drawn out games, and usually games are over by the 5 minute mark which doesnt give ppl time to stack and stuff.
    I'm a snowball main, and usually most of us snowballers know how to strafe, aim and blockhit so while strafing may work against people who got carried to snowball kit, people who'ved earned it through dedication and skill, will win fights against you. I'd suggest placing blocks in front of people to stop their sprints, or simply through superior cps combo them.

Posted Nov 25, 2020
    Itsn2l likes this.
  6. Ohh cool, that is true. Honestly getting snowball kit takes nothing. I have seen level 30s have it no problem. I assume alts but too many to be alting. Still a challenging kit to encounter!

Posted Nov 25, 2020
    Itsn2l likes this.
  7. Thank you for the advice! Yeah, I noticed that I've been knocked off my platforms before by archer's and snowballers and it can get really frustrating to lose all of my stuff and fall to my death due to that. It definitely is an effective way to help defend your cake!

Yeah, getting a snowball combo definitely hurts in a PvP match, and strafes are definitely the best way to go about it. I also like to avoid jumping, as if I'm in the air it increases the knockback so with the reduced knockback I can usually end up not in bad shape when in combination of strafes in these types of fights.

Thank you for the tips! I should probably try that sort of play style, my friends like to rush mid with three while one works on getting end stone defense set up, but we usually don't rush someone else right off the bat away like that. I definitely have to try that sometime! We usually just focus on mid and side beacons, then stack.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 26, 2020
  8. Just get a good teammate and the first 3 bricks buy blocks one bridges to little island between you and your neighbor (not the emerald beacon) then the other rushes the base and both either eat the cake and fight if they aren’t bots try to win the 2v2 but trying to focus 1 person as they will most likely have iron swords and then just eat cake and prob die after then just rush them one more time and end them.

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    Itsn2l likes this.
  9. If i were in Java, I would rush to the middle with 2 players while the last one guards the cake with endstone. However, if we were in trouble with the cake (seeing other teams rushing our cake), we would alert and rush back to the cake.

After catching middle, I would use an ender pearl as an emergency exit/rushing to a cake unnoticed. Though my PvP is not extremely strong like these top players, I can resist 2 weak players attacking me. Alternatively, I would use platforms and/or bridge to a team's cake with someone, but because I use frosting as my PvP advantage, it would be hard.

If the team took the control of the mid strongly, I would cap the sides to receive emeralds.

Lastly (and most importantly), have friends that are respectful and cooperative, not just pros in order to party them. I join a party by either 3 or 4 players, depending on how many friends me and my teammates have.

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    Itsn2l likes this.
  10. I have had my fair share of Cake Wars games recently, and personally I always feel that taking out an enemies cake is low priority. It is much more important for me to rush middle and get gear first before I start attacking enemies' cake. I realized that every game I rushed someone's cake at the start, I would be out geared by the end of the match and lose since I wasn't capturing any beacons. So instead I always rush middle first, and then go for cakes one by one. While not everyone may agree with me, I believe this is the most effective way to win. Additionally, I agree with Laylq about the default kit. It is much more convenient, faster, and easier to rush cakes later in the game with the pillars rather then wasting time and energy getting blocks. Snowball kit is effective if you are skilled, but it isn't worth losing the free wool from default kit.

- Lucas

Note: This is for Cake Wars Duos only!

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    ilySchooled and Itsn2l like this.
  11. To be honest, the last time I played CW (earlier today), I killed a really sweaty team by baiting them out and ender pearling on their cake and destroying it. It was nice because they then let us win haha, thanks if you know who I’m talking about.

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    Itsn2l likes this.
  12. I've several alts with snowball through proper grinding. I prefer for all my alts to have snowballls because it makes it easier to level my kda. It's not challenging to beat if you're just simply better than them, because you can just strafe their snowballs and combo them (blockhits, w/s tap). It's not that hard because once you've fought 1 snowball main you've pretty much fought them all haha

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    Itsn2l likes this.
  13. Def for people not good at snowballs. I find that rushing the team next to us first and taking them out in the first minute then stacking mid works.

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    Itsn2l likes this.
  14. If your playing duos mid is completely not required unless there’s a good team and I would know because I main the game and have a thousand wins on it you can see my stats by doing statpl enjets cw2

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    Itsn2l, primitlve and 20LeeBrian1 like this.
  15. Ah lord I remember the good days when snowballs gave slowness effect to whoever you hit for a few seconds. I remember on my alts I grinded to snowball and easily racked up 100s of kills/wins because of how op it was.

Posted Dec 11, 2020
    Itsn2l likes this.
  16. Hey,

Whenever I play Cake Wars, I usually make sure that I am in a party & a voice call for better communication. 3 people go to the beacons (left, right, middle), and one of our teammates defends the cake. It's a very effective strategy at the start of the game, and it sets us up for victory. We usually then have three teammates rushing cakes and defending beacons while the fourth is gathering resources and again, defending the cake.

~~

Posted Dec 11, 2020
    Itsn2l likes this.
  17. Heyo,

I used to play cake wars a lot, now I rotate from super paintball and nano games. Usually, my tactic was to get at least 16 sometimes 32 wool just to rush a base depending if there are sweats, but mostly 16 wool since I usually start off with emeralds and get beacons. Afterwards, I try to get more wool and try to fit in some more wool if not a sword and a pickaxe sometimes just because then I will be rushing. This also matters who I'm playing with, for example, if I'm in a call with pros or people I know on a regular basis we usually talk it out and rush all the way to victory, but if they aren't people I know or just people that don't have experience with the game, I usually tend to play defensive, which I then wait for them to get stacked or whatever. Thank you for asking :)

-Justin/Ghost

Posted Dec 11, 2020
  18. I would say either rushing the cake in order to destroy it quickly or like obliterating the enemy team into oblivion and destroying their cake while they're respawning. I personally try that a lot with my team when I rarely play lol, it feels fun to rush over as quickly as possible and destroy them before they can get situated.

Posted Dec 13, 2020
    Itsn2l likes this.
  19. My favorite way to take out a Cake is to simply team rush and drop tnt EVERYWARE!! It's so fun because I'll just bridge up and drop back down after the players have been knocked off by the tnt!

Posted Dec 17, 2020
    Itsn2l likes this.
  20. Honestly I play better when I don't have a cake to constantly worry about.

Posted Dec 22, 2020