• 105 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1795 Players Online
  • 1690 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What is your favorite childhood game?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Name Tag, Jan 12, 2022.

Tags:
  1. What is your favorite game you played when you were a little kid. Like elementary school age. Can be a game you played with friends, family, or by yourself. Doesn't have to be a video game or a board game it can be anything.

One of my favorite games I played with my neighborhood friends was called "school and I don't do it" and basically one of us was the parent and the parent would try to get everyone else (the kids) to school. The kids had to come up with ways of distracting the parent and stalling from going to school. It was a fun game for us, we loved harassing the parent and coming up with dumb reasons for why we shouldn't go. There was really no end goal or points or anything, it was basically just role playing and it was fun.

Posted Jan 12, 2022
  2. Personally one of them is gonna have to be wii sports

Posted Jan 13, 2022
    _ItsMusic_, N0TVexx and Name Tag like this.
  3. minecraft

Posted Jan 13, 2022
  4. minecraft :D

Posted Jan 13, 2022
  5. I played a lot of Wii games from my 6th till like 10 y/o. After that when I was 10 y/o I got minecraft and till now never have stopped playing / building. Now I’m 18 years young and still a builder nearly for 8 years :).
    I also like to play Valorant nowadays, I think it’s pretty fun.

Posted Jan 13, 2022
    _ItsMusic_ and Name Tag like this.
  6. When I was younger in elementary school, we would always make these giant grade-wide pretend families that would stretch between classes and at lunch we would all pretend to be news anchors and cover different topics of sports, finance, and asking random homeless people what they saw at a crime scene.(we would have a pretend homeless person, not an actual one lol). Life was cool back then ig.

Posted Jan 13, 2022
  7. Hm, I know exactly which one I absolutely loved to play when I was smaller that I got to play more than once, and that's sort of this game with is done with a jump-rope and a ball at the end. So how it'd work is that someone would get this jump-rope with a ball at the end and people would be just within the ball's reach so they'd need to jump if the ball were to you know, spin. Of course this is exactly what would happen, as the other end of the rope would be held by a person and then the person would spin in circles, making the people in the center have to jump when the ball came. I remember I used to play this so much when a teacher would come and get this jump-rope ball but when they stopped doing it I resorted to doing it myself and having other people do it as well. Heck I remember my best friend at the time, decided to start running the opposite direction that I'd spin the rope, so it'd be harder, but those were some good times.

Posted Jan 15, 2022
    Name Tag and _ItsMusic_ like this.
  8. Pretty much all of these games described by everyone who’s already commented made up my childhood! To add in a few other games, I enjoyed playing wall ball, 4 square, and dodgeball. I miss having recess where we’d get half an hour to just play and be outside before lunch. Or even after school when we all played sports like soccer in the gymnasium. Those were the days man :’)

Posted Jan 15, 2022
    Name Tag likes this.
  9. Great question,

My favorite game growing up was Crash Bandicoot. Crash Bandicoot is a racing game where you race on these crazy-looking racetracks and play as really cool-looking characters. I originally started to play on the PlayStation and I played almost every day. I would play with my brother and we would create little tournaments between each other and the person who came in last would have to do the other's chores for the day. I still play it on special occasions, as my Uncle has a PlayStation that works perfectly and he just so happens to have Crash Bandicoot to boot.

Apart from video games, I love to play hockey. It's my favorite sport and I still play it to this day. I have no intentions of ever quitting the sport, and I hope to play for years to come. I absolutely love the game and how exciting it can be when it's a close game between two rival teams. When growing up, all my friends and I all played on the same team, which made things really easy on me and really fun for me. We would go on tournaments and stay in a hotel for a weekend and play mini-sticks and have fun at the waterpark that was in the hotel.

Posted Jan 15, 2022
    Name Tag and _ItsMusic_ like this.
  10. Hi,

I've never heard of the game you mentioned but it seems super interesting. I agree with a lot of what people have said here, but especially what _ItsMusic_ said. Wall Ball was an absolute classic at my elementary school. We would have 20-ish player games on the side of the school during recess and it would get super competitive, brought back lots of memories thinking about it lol. Tag was also huge at my school, we'd usually have pretty big group games of Tag where you'd draw to see who starts, and if you're tagged you join with them until 1 person is left. That got seriously competitive as well. Other than that, we also played a lot of soccer because of how easy it is. The school has this super miniature forest line outside on the field and we'd go in between a set of trees and use them as posts, this was a lot more casual than the other games, but I miss that a lot as well it was a ton of fun.

Posted Jan 16, 2022,
    Last edited Jan 16, 2022
    Name Tag likes this.
  11. The obvious answer is Minecraft, favorite version is still 1.5.2 for the nostalgia.

Non-computer game, it’s a card game called “Heart Attack”, we used to play it at school and it’s like slapjack but with the jokers. Only game I know that uses them.

Posted Jan 16, 2022
  12. I respect that!

Posted Jan 16, 2022
  13. I mean I would have to say that my go to game as a kid was Minecraft. I would always go on Mineplex and play Sg, Sky, or Bridges. I feel like Minecraft is still my go to game, however when I was younger I would play it for hours and hours and not switch games once. One of the best times of my life was when I was first introduced to Mineplex and just had a blast each and every day playing on it!

Posted Jan 16, 2022
  14. This is kind of weird but my first game I played was Counter-Strike (O_O) and then I moved on with Minecraft. Guess what? I started off playing Multiplayer! (I find it unusual because I assume everyone who gets Minecraft for the first time will play singleplayer first, not multiplayer lol) I learnt how to play the game in multiplayer...

Anyways that was my chilhood lol

Posted Jan 17, 2022