• 2410 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10993 Players Online
  • 8583 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What Is Your Favorite Anime And Why?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DJPenguinPro, Feb 23, 2020.

1. What is your favorite anime and why?

My favorite anime is Pokemon and I have been a huge fan for a while. I started watching the start of the series until now. I am excited that there are more. The reason why Pokemon is my favorite is because of the story-line behind everything (meaning in the show). I also love the games and I love games in general that involve evolving things and upgrading things and Pokemon kind of has that. The reason why I like the show is because of the adventurous action that occurs and as I said the story-line

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    honeuy | liv, boibary and Codename_S like this.
  2. I really like Haikyu and Erased, I mean, Haikyu is really interesting and it’s serious with the subtle sense of humor. Erased is like an emotional and tense rollercoaster. I like those to since they are probably some of my first too. I also like your lie in april but purely cause I’m a music nerd.

Posted Feb 23, 2020
    boibary and DJPenguinPro like this.
  3. Hey,

I don't really watch anime often but my favorite is probably Tordadora. I love the relationship of the two main characters and how in the end it ended up always being them two together no matter what. The setting, style, and plot were great.

Posted Feb 24, 2020
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  4. I have way too many, so it's very hard for me to choose, but for all time it'd have to be Dragon Ball because it was the first I ever watched, and the DB franchise is so massive, that it's very rare to find someone who hasn't heard of it. Watching the original dub with Bruce Faulconer soundtracks was honestly unbelievable, and I still have very fond memories of watching episodes, and the iconic 'next time on Dragon Ball Z...'

Recently, I finished Dr. Stone, which I really enjoyed, kinda because I'm a science guy. My Hero Academia season 4 has been good so far too. I kinda only watch mainstream anime and am hoping to find some good, but lesser known anime, to watch in the future.

Posted Feb 24, 2020
  5. I don't watch Anime.

Posted Feb 24, 2020
  6. Hello,
    This is a very interesting question!
    I have watched much anime so, it's hard for me to choose a one to say "It's my favorite", but I can list my top 5 favorites.

1: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. This anime contains a very interesting storyline. It's about the main character one day, left the house to go to the village to sell some stuff. He was going back to his house after he sold his stuff at night, then an old man told him to stay the night at his house, because there are demons at night. He did stay in his house, and in the morning, he went back to his house just to find his whole family is murdered except for his younger sister which became a demon. However, she doesn't eat humans nor attack them. His only goal now is to return his sister to be a human being, therefore he's training hard to become stronger to face the demon lord and make him free his sister from the curse.

2: Attack on titan: It's about titans which mysteriously appeared. They satisfy their hunger on humans and they can only be killed if their nape is cut off. One day, the main character was in the city then suddenly sees a colossal titan standing infront of the giant wall, that titan kicks the wall to break and make a gap in it which titans can pass. Suddenly, they find the armored titan charges into the second part of the inner wall and destroys it allowing the titans to enter the village in the 3rd wall (there are 3 walls). The titans enters the village and starts chasing after the humans and eating them, including the main character's mother. She was eaten by them. The main character swore to kill every single titan of them, and now he's training hard to achieve that dream of his with Mikasa (His friend).

3: Tokyo Ghoul: This one I like very much. It's about Ghouls are everywhere among humans. They have the same appearance of a human, they can do everything humans can do except for just one thing and that is "eating". They can't eat human food, therefore they feed on humans. They have supernatural powers. One day, the main character met a beautiful girl in a cafe (I think). They talked and he found that she likes to read books from the same author he likes, then they went out together to an alley. Suddenly, she cane closer to him then attacked him to death, but luckily, giant pieces of construction iron (rebars) fell on her. They were both taken to a hospital where the surgeon took some organs from her and put them inside the main character resulting him to become a hybrid ghoul which is a rare type of ghouls and the strongest type at the same time.

4: Boarding school juliet. This one isn't much of known. However, I like it. It's about the world is split into 2 groups first group is called (Black doggies) which MC (Inuzka) is in and the second group is called (White cats) Where his lover "Persia" in. The rules forbid that any of these sides have secret affairs with each other. However, The main character (Inuzka Romio ) falls in loves with (Persia Juliet) since they were kids. He tries to find a way to tell her about his feeling, therefore in every fight between Black doggies and White cats. He doesn't fight her for real. He's scared to hurt her. It turned down to a point where he found 3 of the Black doggies attacking her. He went there and protected her from them so, she was scared and ran. Later, she sent him a letter saying to come to a certain fountain. There, she asked him to fight her for real giving him a real sword and telling him to go all out. He went all out with the hit and the confession too (lol yeah). She was surprised that he confessed to her in the fight. She kept going on until finally, he persuaded her saying "He could change the world" which was her dream. So, they became lovers.

And finally the 5th: Re:Zero. It's about a main character who was teleported to another world. He can respawn to a certain checkpoint everytime he dies. He tries to fix everything while trying to search for the one who teleports him. (It's really good one, I recommend watching it)

Hope you could understand my explanation :D. Thanks for reading

Posted Feb 25, 2020
    DJPenguinPro likes this.
  7. My favorite anime is Pokemon. When I was very little, I first watched a very old episode of Pokemon from a cassette that my dad gave it to me. I really liked it, and I liked mostly the battles and the adventure in it. I also liked the drawings and the story structures!

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  8. Hey,

I don't watch too much anime, but that are a few that I really like. I would say that my top 3 would be:
    1. Naruto
    2. Death Note
    3. Tokyo Ghoul

Naruto was the first anime I watched. I watched it because it was sort-of what I pictured to be the most popular anime, just based on how much I'd heard about it. I mostly watched it whilst I played Minecraft, usually on Mineplex. It was fun to zone out, play some Dragon Escape (or like game) and watch some Naruto. I enjoyed watching power scaling videos on the game after I'd watched the series, and imaging how different fights that didn't happen in the show would have turned out.

Death Note is a really great anime. It has a lot of things you can psychoanalyse, so if you enjoy psychology I highly recommend checking it out. At first I disliked the ending, but the more I thought about the show as a whole and analysed what the show was truly about, the more sense the ending actually made.

Tokyo Ghoul was the anime I watched when I was going through my edgy teen phase. It was pretty interesting in terms of the concept, and a lot of the fights were pretty cool. However, I was pretty horrified at the actual show in the second season - it got really dark. Additionally, the third season and fourth season seemed extremely rushed and didn't make much sense unless you read the manga as well, so I stopped liking it as much after about half way through the second season.

Thanks,
    ~ TheGrandmaster

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    CowHatake and ray like this.
  9. My favorite is more of an American-ized anime, but I believe that the creators of it still consider it to be an anime. A show that has always been my favorite is Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's different from a lot of animes because it is Americanized, but I love the whole premise behind it. I have been obsessed with the show since I was a kid, and I'm always trying to find ways to watch it nowadays. It also has a sequel series, The Legend of Korra, which is pretty good but, of course, not as good as the original.

If you haven't seen it and are interested in watching, I'd highly suggest it!

Posted Feb 28, 2020
  10. Im kinda like you. I like all the Yugioh anime series(SUB) a bit more over Pokemon. Honestly, recently I been going back and watching all the OG games like Beyblade, Bakugan and stuff like that XD. Apparently it's all an advertisement for their respective games but the anime's are interesting nonetheless. Recently, I been getting into JOJO though, had to see what the memes are all about and im sorta hooked now XD.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  11. My favorite anime is Hunter x Hunter which probably seems a bit weird since I’m a huge Naruto fanatic. I really love HxH and I’m currently in the process of rewatching it. Some runner ups though would have to be obviously Naruto, Death Note, Haikyuu, 7DS, Your Lie in April as well as Black Butler.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  12. Spongebob is definitely my favorite anime, because it's just the best!

Posted Feb 29, 2020
    FluteVegetables and Grandmaster like this.
  13. Here's my top 5:

1)Death note: It's a masterpiece, every single second is entertaining and it's beautiful from the first episode. This anime makes you question yourself about morality a lot, both the protagonist and the antagonist fall into a moral "grey area" as neither of them can be considered good.

2) Code Geass: It is somewhat similiar to Death Note, character development is carried out amazingly.

3) PsychoPass: It takes place in 2096 in a world that appears both a utopia and a dystopia at the same time.

4) Fullmetal alchemist: This anime is very long but it has an amazing character development.

5) Attack on Titan: Another beautiful anime with good character developement.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  14. Seven Deadly Sins. Overall I like anime’s about Demons, Angels, and I know the Seven Deadly Sins don’t have this but Vampires. But anyway ever since the first episode of the anime I fell in love with it. It’s so exciting.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  15. I'm not really one to watch anime, but I have seen a few shows here and there. Not only that, but I did grow up on Studio Ghibli as my father has always been interested in Asian culture and their history. Typically, all the shows I've watched were with friends who wanted to watch them as a group. With that being said, I really enjoyed watching A Lull In The Sea with one of my close friends. I thought the show was fairly creative within the theme and that's what caught my attention. In my opinion, there's not one source of conflict within that show which kept me away from feeling bored with the anime. I thought the storyline was interesting and they did a great job with making viewers attached to various characters.
    If you are a fan of anime, I suggest looking at Studio Ghibli. It's one of the most popular studios in Japan after the making of My Neighbor Totoro. I may be biased because it was my childhood, but those are quite unique versus "typical anime." I find those movies have deeper meanings hidden within them that not many people may catch. However, if you do catch them, the movie is far more meaningful.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  16. The silent voice 100%! It's something that is unspoken about a lot. In all states and countries. It's real, and it happens. It's heartfelt and saddening. I love animes like that! Also how they talk about multiple mental illnesses. I really don't want to get into it so much because I don't want to spoil it for people who haven't been able to watch it yet. All I can say is it's really good. It makes you think a lot and it was the first anime I cried about.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  17. Classroom of the elite, super underrated because it got overshadowed by that gambling anime (I think it's called kakegurui or something) the season it got released. Interesting characters and good plot twists make it one of my favorites, even though I tend to be isekai trash.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  18. Never really got into anime that much, but I used to be addicted to Pokemon. Sun and moon got boring for me, as I preferred the older ones. I don't know too much about Anime, but the first one I watched when I was younger was called 'Deltora Quest' (I'm sure a lot of Aussies can relate haha) and I was hooked to that :) I tend to watch some here and there, but never stay committed to series's.

Posted Feb 29, 2020
  19. I actually believe there are Vampires in the Seven Deadly Sins universe. Well, at least in the Manga. I've read pretty much the whole SDS Manga, and I recall a mention of Zeldoris being in love with a Vampire prior to becoming the commandment of piety.

Oh my god! I can't believe I forgot to talk about Deltora Quest in my post. I've watched it start to finish about 4 or 5 times, and it was absolutely amazing. Lots of old memories. For a long time (on the old forums) my profile picture was Leif from Deltora quest, and that's where I got my old username from (_Leif).

Posted Mar 1, 2020