• 368 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2947 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What is the point of reporting people for if they'll just come back after they're unbanned?

Discussion in 'Skywars' started by Lepgoodmen, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I reported a player a month ago for not taking any knockback after being hit, its clear he has been doing this for a long time because he is the top player in sky wars and another mini game micro battles, with well over 5,000 wins in skywars and over 12k wins in microbattles, the closest player to him in skywars has only 2883, and the closest player to him in micro battles has around 8k+ wins. After successfully recording him blatantly cheating, he was banned, it was nice to know that he couldn't game this system anymore. Fast-forward to right now, the player has returned and is continuing the same behavior as before. What is the bloody point of reporting people if they just return from after a period of time, Its seems incredibly disrespectful to the other players that are playing fair and not trying to cheat their way to the top. Also how is staff at mineplex seeing this massive disparity between the him and other players and considering it normal?

Want to see the evidence? Here's the link to footage: -snip-

Posted Jul 25, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jul 26, 2019
  2. Heya! I understand your concerns, and I would recommend reporting this player again at www.mineplex.com/reports to get him dealt with asap.

Posted Jul 25, 2019
    ThiCraft 2 ◢◤ likes this.
  3. Hey there,

I do truly understand your concerns, however posting it here wouldn't help you with anything.

A player's punishment is dependent on previous punishments given to them, so if a severity 1 mute is issued, and then another one is issued, the time would be increased. Same with punishments for hacking, a player is given the punishment for what they have done, even if they come on and hack again, they will receive an increased ban time, the best thing you can do is report it to www.mineplex.com/reports with proof and/or use the StaffRequest community (/com request StaffRequest).

Kind regards
    - Sakeusi

Posted Jul 25, 2019
  4. Also keep in mind that the severity doesn’t really need to be permanent for lighter hacking offenses.

In some cases, people don’t think they’re going to get punished when they’re breaking the rules. When they do get punished though, they’ll realize their mistake and will play legitimately when their punishment expires. Second chances are good to give. Also, having a punishment for instances like these be permanent would be too severe. It’s not necessary to give a permanent ban for every single hacking offense. That would be a lot of permanent bans. Majority of servers don’t have first time hacking offenses result in a permanent ban.

Like said above, it’s best just to report them. They will be punished quickly. The punishment time will end up being pretty lengthy if it’s a repeated offense. Staff don’t have permission to change punishment times and it would be too complicated/unnecessary to change hacking offense time lengths that drastically.

Posted Jul 25, 2019
  5. Never thought one of the best player of MCBE is in fact a cheater (I never saw him in a real game). But I agree with you that if I was a moderator, I would never let him cheating for a very long time ago.

Also, I hope the staff is updating Gwen (the anti-cheat) to do the difference between cheats and lags as well as kill aura, reach, aimbot... instead of just kicking players for flying during a short time. This issue between cheats and lags makes me mad about how my reports are denied because of it.

So, even they are everywhere and they are ruining the server's experience, I hope you will stuggle against hackers and don't think you're bad and that they are pros; KEEP STANDING UP.

And... I agree with your thoughts. +1 !

Posted Jul 26, 2019
  6. Thread Locked.
    Concerns To Be Addressed.

Allow me to add in my perspective here, being a current Senior Moderator and a normal Moderator for well over a year. If we’re looking at this from a realistic perspective, almost all of our Moderators have other work to do and we do not go chasing after hackers all of the time. Along with that, if they’re closet cheating, and have been for an extremely long time, it normally means that they’re quite good at it. Which means it will be harder for normal/newer Moderators to detect.

Trust me, I wish that if you get a justified ban, your leaderboard statistics should be wiped. I’ll try bringing that to leadership and even see if that’s possible; however, this is besides the point. If you have proof of someone cheating, report it at mineplex.com/reports. We will guarantee to have it looked at and ensure the proper punishment.

Just so you are aware, once someone is punished, we don’t go back a month after it’s expired and see if they’re still cheating; that’s simply unrealistic. I deeply apologize that this user is continuing to abuse the system and cheat on our network. We hope that once you get the proper evidence, we can look into it further and have the proper punishments applied. Thank you for brining this issue to our attention, but there is also only so much we can do.

Posted Jul 26, 2019
    Lepgoodmen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.