• 65 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1424 Players Online
  • 1359 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What is a good mic?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by LostShrimp13, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Hello!

I sometimes post Minecraft pvp commentaries on youtube. I butterfly click and every single click sound is picked up, it isn't like quite in the background, it is loud and very annoying in my opinion. Do any of you guys know a good mic that will limit the quite click sounds? I would like a mic that would only pick up my voice.

Posted Sep 22, 2022
  2. Depending on your budget; a good expensive one is the Blue Yeti Microphone, from friends who used the microphone, I can tell you it's REALLY GOOD! If you're looking for a more cheap one that limits the background noise a good one would be the Razer Seiren Mini, it's like 40 dollars and good quality.

Posted Sep 22, 2022
    LostShrimp13 likes this.
  3. Personally I use the Razer Seiren X, it's considered a budget microphone but it still records in high quality! It'll record background noises depending on the settings of your recording software, so you'll have to play around with that a bit until it's fully configured, but it doesn't take long at all. However, keep in mind it records an odd popping noise if you're using it with a mac.

Posted Sep 23, 2022
    LostShrimp13 likes this.
  4. I have a Blue Yeti. It's good but it picks up a lot of noise and you will want a boom arm or some sort of stand for it because it's a little obnoxious to have in front of you when you're using it (I've still yet to get one for myself)

Posted Sep 23, 2022
    LostShrimp13 likes this.
  5. I currently use a snowball mic and haven’t touched the settings at all, so if it isn’t to hard to explain how do i could I change the settings.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 23, 2022
  6. Well LostShrimp13, I think there must be a download for the software, or the settings could be on the mic.

Posted Sep 23, 2022
    LostShrimp13 likes this.
  7. Thanks!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 23, 2022
  8. Microphones are great but make sure to edit their settings correctly as well as doing post processing stuff properly (on OBS for example you can add a noise gate or whatever it is). I have a Blue Yeti because I saw all the youtubers had one back when I was younger so my mum got me one, funnily enough I have 2. Don't know where the other one went tho xD

Posted Sep 23, 2022
    LostShrimp13 likes this.
  9. Any mic is good as long as you aren’t 7 with a squeaky voice

Posted Sep 23, 2022
    LostShrimp13 likes this.
  10. It depends on your recording software :) Personally I use OBS and all of the settings and customizations are right on the page. You can look up tutorials on the exact settings you want!

Posted Sep 24, 2022
    LostShrimp13 likes this.
  11. Hi hello! I've used a few mics but I really like my current one. It's a Fifine T669 and while it's not amazing, it only cost me like $50 CAD so I'd say the price to performace is pretty good.

Posted Sep 24, 2022
    LostShrimp13 likes this.
  12. I currently use Audio Technica AT2020 which I love. It's around the same price range as a Blue Yeti but a lot better. It's music-producing standard, so it's really good with not picking up anything that's not in front of it, and also handling yelling without killing everyone's ears, etc (I am very loud lol). Depending on what microphone you get though, you should also invest in a microphone arm so that you can reposition it into the perfect place in front of you for crisp audio.

It all depends on your budget, some more small budget-friendly microphones include some Fifine microphones (around 40-50e) and headsets (before this, I used the microphone from my Razer Kraken which is about 50-70e). I've heard good things about Razer Seiren Mini (40e) as well, as some others have pointed out before me in this thread.

Posted Sep 24, 2022
    LostShrimp13 likes this.
  13. I've said this before, but don't do the commentary while playing. Makes for a jarring watching experience (unless you have insane skill & charisma to make your conversation flow *while* also focusing on pvp).
    Recording a voice over should make it much easier & pleasant.

That said, in general shotgun microphones are good at isolating what you want to hear (your voice) from what you don't want to hear (keyboard & mouse & pc fans). If you point a shotgun mic at your mouth (and the mouse is behind the mic) then you'll have the best result.
    Can recommend Sennheiser MKE 600 though they are a bit pricey compared to previous suggestions.

Posted Sep 24, 2022
    LostShrimp13 likes this.
  14. I always play really badly on camera, because I have to focus on 2 things at the same time, and I am not a good multi-tasker.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 24, 2022
  15. It was really cool reading through the different type of microphones that others use and this thread was actually quite useful for me. I am also looking to purchase a new microphone soon, but I had no idea what my options were. I am currently using a headset and microphone. I have the Razer Kraken and a Blue Yeti and they seem to be good quality! I'd recommend these two products if you don't mind spending a bit of money for new products. I have had them for a couple years now and they still work perfectly fine!

Posted Sep 25, 2022
    LostShrimp13 likes this.