• 102 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3509 Players Online
  • 3407 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What inspired you to play Minecraft?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ChicasBooty, Jul 27, 2021.

1. What inspired you? Lemme know in the comments, I would love to know.

Posted Jul 27, 2021
  2. Its fun

Posted Jul 27, 2021
    ChicasBooty likes this.
  3. Lovely! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 27, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  4. I began playing Minecraft on my Xbox when I was about 12-13 years old. I chose the game in the store because the front cover made it look fun and I felt it was an interesting game at the time. However, I did not play that often because I found Survival to be quite boring after a while. I didn't start playing on my PC until around 2013/2014, and I did so so that I could play on the same servers as the YouTubers I liked to watch, and it was through this that I eventually found my way to Mineplex. So I think what inspired me to play Minecraft the most was seeing a few of my favorite YouTubers play it in their videos.

Posted Jul 27, 2021
  5. Heyya! Great Question!
    Ever since I was like 7 I had been playing the mobile "Minecraft Lite Edition" which was basically like a free beta version of Minecraft Bedrock formerly known as Pocket Edition. I was brought to Minecraft at that age by YouTubers such as Stampylongnose and Ibalisticsquid. As I got a bit older I also really liked SkyDoesMinecraft and his friends. I remember when I finally started playing the game I would always go over to my cousins and we would play together. One day I went over and had seen he had the full version of Pocket Edition purchased and basically begged my mom for a tablet and pocket edition. Definitely been one of the best choices I ever made. Since then I have gotten Xbox edition, PS4 edition, Switch edition, Windows 10 edition, VR edition, Java edition, iOS edition, and finally my starting point Android edition. Almost every version of the game released yet to date. I love the game so much and have stuck around for years with it. Even watching YouTubers play it still.

Posted Jul 27, 2021
  6. I played when I was 8 or 9 I honestly don't even remember why I started but it was in 2012 and a lot of my other friends played minecraft, but they played pocket edition and I played java. I sucked at survival mode but I had an awesome time in creative and I liked spending hours building stuff that would later be lost forever

Posted Jul 28, 2021
  7. Honestly back when I was in grade 1-4, I hated Minecraft. Back then, Minecraft was the old Fortnite/Among Us and it was extremely trendy with people my class who would talk about it all the time. I used to find Minecraft so dumb and I got annoyed when they talked about Minecraft. One day my friend came to my house in grade 5, and I didn't really have much to do. When we ate lunch, we were trying to decide after. He said that he enjoys playing Minecraft, and he said that I should consider playing it. At first I didn't want to, but I thought I would try. Surprisingly, unlike my grade 1-4 self, I actually found Minecraft very fun to play! So yeah, that is my little story of how I was inspired to play Minecraft :)

Posted Jul 28, 2021
    bright_mae and CatFan105 like this.
  8. Well, I started watching Minecraft YouTubers when I was around 8 or 9 and just wanted to also try to the game. But, I didn't have money to spend on Minecraft and my phone (at the time) couldn't even support Minecraft. So, I just played on someone else's phone lol. Anyways after years, I finally got it on my phone and now also play on Xbox so yea. Epic I guess

Posted Jul 29, 2021
  9. All my friends had begun playing it at school, so I got it to join in. I started off with the Pocket Edition on my iPod (when those were still popular), and branched out to the Java edition after a while in 2013 because it had way more content.

Eventually my friends moved on to other games, but I stuck by and honestly have been since then. I really only play multiplayer though - singe player has never really grabbed me that much, and I've been like that since I first started playing, so that might be why.

I used to play it a bunch on my Xbox too, but I always came back to Java as it's been the platform I'm most comfortable with.

Posted Jul 29, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  10. My brother was probably my biggest inspiration to playing Minecraft. He bought me to Multiplayer aand I can say he is the biggest reason I am here. Although he did show me singleplayer and what stuff you could do, it didn't impress me as much as Multiplayer did.
    Of course the main servers he showed me were mineplex, hive and hypixel, most popular servers at that time.
    These are probably my best memories of my childhood.

Posted Jul 30, 2021
  11. CaptainSparklez and ParkerPlays inspired me (:

Posted Jul 30, 2021
    BlondieBrook likes this.
  12. Hey!

My dad inspired me to play Minecraft, believe it or not. That's not something you hear very often but yeah, I remember it vividly. I was 7 years old back in 2012 and went into the sitting room where my dad told me he got two new games, "Fez" and "Minecraft". I said I wanted to learn how to play Minecraft and he pretty much laughed and said it would be too hard for me to grasp. Minecraft wasn't yet at the point where it was classed as a "kids' game" (that was more so from 2013 onwards when it gained a lot of traction) so he genuinely didn't think it was made for me. I was determined though, so we started a new world on one of those Xbox 360 profiles with that classic monkey profile picture... the memories. He showed me the ropes and while I don't remember a whole pile I remember him saying "You can never have enough coal" and I still stand by that today in Singleplayer worlds.

The console versions were well behind Java at this point so there wasn't any hunger bar, XP bar, creative mode, etc. when I started playing. It's so weird thinking back how you had to eat to regain hunger. I made a really ugly house, one of those "box houses" that was four storeys tall with a tree growing in the middle... for some reason. I had so much fun in that world. Our Xbox 360 eventually fell into a state of absolute disrepair many years later, so I can never revisit that world and all those good times which is pretty sad. But I still have my memory which makes it okay, if I forget anything in the future I can literally refer back to this post.

It was super interesting to read about everyone else's experiences; thanks for giving me the opportunity to share this little trip down memory lane!

Posted Aug 1, 2021
    Amg and CloudyDay1234 like this.
  13. Initially, I used to play Minecraft Pocket Edition, which is now known as the Bedrock form of Minecraft. Back when I used to play it many years ago, it was pretty terrible in all honesty - the variety of blocks was poor and the gameplay was lacking in most areas. In 2015 I managed to get my hands on a computer and a new MC account, which then got me onto Java MC. The reason I started playing was that my friends wanted me to join in with their gameplay on multiplayer servers, and it looked super fun from what I'd seen so far, so I wanted to give it a shot. I definitely don't regret that choice, as I don't know if I'd be here today or not if it wasn't for those friends! These days, I'm mainly playing because my online friends are still playing, and it's always fun to game together.

Posted Aug 1, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  14. Nothing actually I just bought the game and said ohh looks fun, Now I have been playing since 2010

Posted Aug 23, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  15. I used to watch a ton of videos featuring Minecraft mods, so I really wanted to try those. Unfortunately, I didn't know how they worked and how to get some, so my interest shifted to Minecraft Servers once I joined a party, and I lost HARD. I didn't even know how to sprint. Once I learned how to join Minecraft servers, and I started to play a lot of the hyped up pixel (if you know what I mean), Mineplex, and the other one that got shut down and involved bees (you probably also know what I mean).
    I made a ton of parkours in Creative since I watched a lot of Parkour videos on youtube.

Posted Sep 8, 2021
  16. You should try recreating the Treehouse by memory

Posted Sep 8, 2021
  17. because of youtubers but it really became something big for me I started playing on the 360 the second it became available for download, before then I played pocket edition, but it sucked back then.

Posted Sep 9, 2021,
    Last edited Sep 9, 2021
  18. My cousins were obsessed with Minecraft and one of them let me use his account!

Posted Sep 12, 2021
  19. I used to play the free pocket edition, and eventually came to Java in 2014!

Posted Sep 13, 2021
  20. I first played in grade 2 in my elementary school computer lab. From their in, I was obsessed and I still play the game today. It's been almost 9 years as I have just started my 11th year of school.

Posted Sep 14, 2021