• 462 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8900 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

{What If} - You Became Staff Suddenly

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by Pyratie, Oct 9, 2019 at 2:25 AM.

1. What If
    It was a wonderful day and you are back from school/work and decided to join Mineplex. You realized you are a staff member without applying or even doing anything...
    What would you do?

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 2:25 AM
  2. I'd probably contact an admin and tell them. I wouldn't want to cause any damage to anything or do/see something I wasn't supposed to.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 2:40 AM
  3. I would probably contact @FireStar and ask why I became staff without even applying.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 2:41 AM
  4. If that happened, I would #BlameFire first, but then I would remember that the Recruitment team's motto is "#DreamMakers", so I would try to remember my last dream.

- A few minutes of retrospective later -

So after remembering my dream, it has come to my attention that I dreamt of a baby crying out really loud. I heard something like "anununuenuenuenuenuennuenue" and at first it was really annoying. But then it stopped crying, and I saw a large, gold sign saying:

ur a train now nub

And then, out of nowhere, from the right came a loud "choo, choo" sound. A bright, white light blinded me, and I woke up in a pool of sweat, not knowing what just happened. But since I was late for school, I forgot about everything and rushed just in time for the bell.

After remembering the dream, I did some research, and I found out that the baby wasn't just crying loudly, it was actually summoning an ex-Recruiter, who then infiltrated into my dream and decorated it with some trains. I instantly revoked my blaming of Fire and instead started blaming the weird Hawaiian named ex-Recruiter for putting me in a staff position, imagine this, without a mentor and an invitation to the Slack orgs. Before contacting Dean about removing the rank for me, I did one last thing. Typed in the punishment command, clicked at the right place...

anuenue was issued a friendly warning for "ur really spooky ya know"

Halloween storytime is over.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 4:19 AM
  5. I wouldn’t go ahead and start using my staff rank, rather I’d contact Toki or FireStar and tell them that I’ve become staff without applying and they should revoke it in case it was a spelling error.

I like to be honest with my work and everything else and not take advantage of other people’s mistakes.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 7:20 AM
  6. Bruh I’d be banning every hacker I’d see.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 9:01 AM
    Strafer303, Vocaloiid, Xukuri and 6 others like this.
  7. I would probably message a recruiter first, while waiting to get the staff rank taken off I might just hang in lobby-1 and see what happens. I would also read over the new trainee list for that week to make sure I just didn't notice it. After I read that, I would go check and see if I have a response from the recruiter I messaged, I would hope the message would be, "Sorry! We never meant to give you the rank, thanks for your honesty, and have a great day!". If that isn't the answer and they say the staff rank is legit, then I quit mineplex because as much as I want staff, I want to earn it through application, not skipping something everyone else has to do.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 9:13 AM
  8. Hey!

If I found myself in this situation, I would leave the server as fast as possible to not get punished or anything. Then I would message Toki, to get some answers. c:

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 9:42 AM
  9. Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 2:32 PM
  10. Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 2:56 PM
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  11. I would want to keep quiet about it and see how long I could get away with keeping it. Would be nice being able to ban hackers any time I want.

Though of course I feel like I could end up getting network banned for that. So really, I'd probably just make a thread explaining the situation.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 2:56 PM
  12. I'd of course asked Firestar why I became a trainee, and asked if I could stay on the team if I did a good job :P

While waiting for an answer, I would announce that I suddenly became a trainee, and I don't know what was going on so it wouldn't be a big mess.

Very interesting thread!

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 3:05 PM
  13. Contact a administrator for assistance, Interesting thread

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 3:34 PM
  14. I would probably join Staff-1 and just hang out/explore until someone asked me who I was. Then I would explain and let them help me out. Definitely no false punishments or anything disruptive, just would want to see what the staff lobby is all about :P

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 4:11 PM
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  15. Hmm, I would probably:

Accidentally ban a Senior Mod for 'fly hacking' in an event server, even though they are using game mode. Then I'd probably handle 5000 odd in-game reports, then probably accidentally mute Islendingurrin when he's on his disguised observation account by mistyping a name. Does this sound similar to anyone?​

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 4:11 PM
    THELichCA, Xukuri and wOeuf // xOeuf like this.
  16. Please watch that mod xD

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 4:14 PM
  17. I'd probably go to Staff-1 and use flesh hooks to annoy @Sobki until my rank is removed

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 4:25 PM
  18. I would definitely contact the recruitment team to report it to them. I would honestly love being staff but we can’t cheat on it. I actually did apply so maybe I will wake up and see in the trainee updates that I am staff and I will have nothing to worry about.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 4:44 PM
  19. weewee

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 6:11 PM
    THELichCA, Jaekub, Sven and 1 other person like this.
  20. I'd probably ask an admin or sr. mod why I have the rank.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 11:14 PM