• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5195 Players Online
  • 2305 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned What if we added a mail feature?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by tqinted, Dec 18, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't know. I think it would be pretty cool if people on our /f list could send us mail that we can open and read when we get online. A while back I was on a minecraft server that did this, where you could use a command to send mail to someone with a message, and then when the person came online they could open they mailbox with another command and read it, and see who it was from. The difference here is that only people on your f list could send mail, besides maybe staff? It would be a good way to send messages to someone while they are away just in case you had no other methods of contact- maybe you are telling them that you are going away for a while, tell them some news, or just send silly messages.

Posted Dec 18, 2019
    Jango_55 likes this.
  2. Alrighty, here's my thoughts. I actually love this idea. It would be great for letting friends know that you'll either be offline for a while, or if something important is happening, etc..

Something that could be of concern is spam. A cooldown should definitely be implemented for this system. I wouldn't want my friends spamming my chat.

Another thing is filter bypass, etc.. Yes, I understand that they're your friends that you're sending mail to, but it should still be regulated somehow. It would be very unethical to allow staff members to physically "moderate" your conversation, especially if it's a private convo, so this could pose some issues here. People could send stuff here that can pass the filter, be inappropriate, have links that are malicious, etc..

Last is a suggestion from me. Maybe something should be added such as you can select multiple friends to send the same message to, or do a "select all friends" to send to all of them, or have a whitelist of friends that you can automatically select to message. That would be more convenient than sending "mail" to your friends one by one, especially if it's a message such as "will be offline for the next week btw", that wouldn't be great to send to everyone one at a time.

That's all I have for now. Great idea... and I'll leave this at a +0.5 for now.

Have a great day/night! (night for me uwu)

Posted Dec 18, 2019
    tqinted likes this.
  3. me likely (:

Posted Dec 18, 2019
  4. @ScarletBlood37 covered all the issues I can think of, so all that's left for me to say is +1 its a great idea and would love to see it implemented!

Posted Dec 18, 2019
  5. You are definitely right. I think that like as usual in chat, you would have to report it if someone broke the (chat) rules through a mail message. I'm not afraid of reporting my friends for spam, especially if I told them to not do that, or if they KNOW it's annoying. And with filter bypass, they would be able to get away with it unless the person reported them.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 18, 2019
  6. Hello!

This idea has been suggested in the past, and was ultimately denied because it violates the EULA or the End User License Agreement. You can find a link to that thread here. I cannot give you the exact reason why it's violating the EULA, but in the past has been denied for this reason multiple times.

Otherwise, although this feature could be nice, there are many other ways to contact users on this server other than in-game so it's not really necessary.

Posted Dec 18, 2019
    chhase likes this.
  7. Thread moved to General Idea Discussion
    Thread locked > Idea not planned

This idea was suggested too many times, and we do not allow to implement the mail system. This is due to violating the EULA. You can leave your message to them on the forums or Discord direct message. Users can still look at your message, whether they're online or offline anytime. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to disagree with this because we'd get into serious trouble if we add the mail system. We're not going to risk this time. I'll have to lock the thread as well. If you have any questions, you're welcome to message me. Although your idea looks interesting, and I do appreciate it. -1

Posted Dec 19, 2019
    noln likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.