• 465 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8903 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion What if there was a “story mode” game for mineplex?

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Alexthom, Oct 10, 2019 at 8:29 PM.

1. After playing Halloween Havoc for the first time, and seeing the 3 main areas(first guy, magma snake, pumpkin prince&king), I thought, “this is kinda like a whole story.” So now I’m thinking, what if mineplex has a game that had like two modes(single, multiplayer), and there was a whole story to it? The only difference between single player and multiplayer is that the multiplayer would be changed to fit bigger people. Can you guys give me ideas for what the story would be and how you could try different things with it?

Posted Oct 10, 2019 at 8:29 PM
    CupAWup, Gia and Sven like this.
  2. So what, like a Mineplex campaign mode?
    If that were the case it would be kinda cool but then again once you finished the Mineplex "story mode" there wouldn't be too much to it. Mineplex is more of a minigame server (with the exception of clans of course) but there's always something to do in terms of playing. I could see this as possibly some sort of event game but otherwise, I don't think Mineplex would be able to implement any sort of Story mode. Players would play it, think it's fun (or not), and then go back to playing minigames. In this way, a story mode wouldn't get too much attention. If you wanna comment on this with your ideas, feel free and i'll give you some advice on what I like and what I don't like, but right now any sort of story mode would be a -1 unless somehow this story mode could last forever.

Posted Oct 10, 2019 at 9:25 PM
  3. As much as I love Halloween Havoc, I don't think adding a permanent story-based game would be a good idea. The main reason is that players will be tired of the game quite quickly. One reason why Halloween Havoc, Christmas Chaos, and other similar games are temporary is that it is fine releasing a game with almost the same exact gameplay each time as players are inclined to experience it while it lasts. Otherwise, they would be seen as repetitive and would not be a very popular choice among players.

If you want to experience more story-based gameplay on the server, there are also occasional events that are held from time to time. Fortunately, the Spooktober event is being held every week for this month and some of them may contain a storyline to it, so if you're interested then you can check that out. For the idea, however, I don't think those types of games will be successful if they were to be implemented.

Posted Oct 10, 2019 at 11:35 PM
    Animalll likes this.
  4. Hello,

I reckon if Mineplex had a story-mode/rp server it'd be pretty awesome, make sure to make this a suggestion to the developers but you'd need to make it more in-depth with what would be in this gamemode etc.

Regards,

Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 1:24 AM
    Gia likes this.
  5. Hey.
    It’s a creative suggestion, but I don’t think it would really fit in Mineplex. Mineplex is more minigame orientated, not so much RP/story games. HH is an exception because it’s a temporary event.
    It would be hard to do a story mode type of game because it would be repetitive. Once you completed it the first time, players probably wouldn’t play it very many times after that. After a while, it would be a waste of resources due to a lack of playerbase.
    Nice idea, but I don’t think it should get added. Although it would be fun, that type of game doesn’t really fit in Mineplex

Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 1:49 AM
  6. Hmm...good point...I thought of that, but didn’t think to much into it. Well, games like Minecraft and Breath of the Wild where you have a story, but you can free roam and do a bunch of stuff. So if we did that though, it’s pretty obvious we’d have to work on this a lot.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 8:31 AM
  7. Yeah this is a really creative idea and I know that I would be extremely into playing that type of game. Unfortunately it doesn't fit with Mineplex's overall aesthetic of being a mini game server and I feel like it wouldn't have a lot of longevity either. As an example, when I am done doing the story mode, the likelihood of me continuing playing the game will be very low since I already beat it. Minigames have a lot longer longevity since it's faster-paced and the inputs and outputs change based on your team and opponents.

Overall, I think a temporary story mode would be cool to have but the effort of producing and developing it would not be worth the short term enjoyment from our player base.

Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 9:59 AM
  8. very good point

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 10:46 AM
  9. Hey, I think this has the potential to be a really cool game, but should probably include game aspects like pvp, defending, building or something like that, and shouldn't be too long. Maybe for me, 10-15 minutes may be long enough for a story into a game. Also, having the same story again can be boring, so maybe there can be a "book vote" for what story you want. +0.5

Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 5:22 PM
  10. Yo!

I like the idea of this at first, but I do not see it being a good fit for Mineplex. At first, I think that many people would love the game. It would attract many players and have lots of games going at the same time. The stories (one for each, I'm assuming?) could be really interesting to watch and I think that having this in would be a neat little game to see at first. However, after this, I do not see it working out.

Once the game has been out for a few weeks, I see the game dying down fast. The stories, in my opinion, would become repetitive. The game seems like it would be the exact same every game. Other games like Cake Wars are different each game due to new people and different skill sets. However, since this game is simply the same each time, I do not see it being a favorite in our community. In order to keep it fun, we would need to constantly change the stories and game every few weeks, but that would also take a lot of developmental time, so I do not know how that would work out.

Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 5:56 PM
  11. I'd say 1+, I like the idea and I would definitely play it and be playing MP a bit more because of it. a definite yes from me.

Posted Oct 11, 2019 at 6:28 PM
  12. I think that I personally would like a story mode for Mineplex, but what would be in it? Would it be some kind of PvP, defending, or a problem that you need to solve with a team? I think that if it was added some cool games to it, people wouldn't get very tired of it very quickly.

As long as the game is very fun to play, and that it's a lot of action in it, players would probably like it!

I think with a nice little games in it, the game would be very cool! +1 from me

Posted Oct 13, 2019 at 4:16 AM
  13. After playing a few games of Halloween Havoc, I have to agree that a story-based game can be mind-blowing at first and it provides for a lot of fun. However, the issue is that a larger such game is unlikely to be considered as it would take a lot of time to write the story and make the mechanics for every part of it. On the other hand, leaving it underdeveloped means that the aspects of the story would soon become rather boring, even after trying out all the kits/characters.

With that in mind, permanently releasing a story-based RPG game most likely wouldn't see long-term success, but on seasonal events like Halloween, Christmas or Valentine's day it would be great to see more of these. Games like Halloween Havoc give a special ring to the season, and it's in everyone's interest that they remain epic and enjoyable.

Posted Oct 13, 2019 at 4:58 AM
  14. mmm Clams :)

Fallen approves of this message.

Posted Oct 13, 2019 at 10:16 AM