• 4220 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 14555 Players Online
  • 10335 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What if Dead Hiders got Hunter Wins?

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Ghoast, Feb 1, 2020.

?

Bruh Let's do it?

1. Mhm Yes Splendid

2. The Game Shant Change

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Now, I know what you're thinking. Am I insane? Yes. The idea is to encourage hunters - especially killed hiders - to not team. I know this personally is an issue being that I for one tend to sit around the chickens on top of roofs while I work on IRL stuff. What I'm getting at is this:

Dead hiders team, they don't get a hider win as they normally don't - the glitch one doesn't count.
    Dead hiders don't team and kill all hiders, they get a hunter win.
    No longer does dying make render the game useless for stat competition.

It personally makes sense to me, but some downsides to this:

Killed hiders can easily piggy back hackers and other espers.
    Killed hiders can easily piggy back alters and ghosters.

I personally don't care as I'm here to have fun, but what are your thoughts?

Posted Feb 1, 2020
    PhoenixSky likes this.
  2. Sorry but I’ll have to disagree, it’s unfair since they are basically get “carried” by the people who CHOSE to be hunter, uk?

Posted Feb 26, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  3. Alright, so I used to play Block Hunt regularly when I first joined this server, now I rarely play it anymore, so I don’t know how accurate my information is. I don’t see a necessity for this to be added; usually hiders win lost of the time, so dead hiders get the win anyway, however on the occasions that hunters win the game I don’t really see a point for this. Let’s say a hider does near the end of the game and becomes a hunter, and shortly after they die, the hunters win. The hider barely played as a hunter and didn’t even kill anyone, yet they get the kill, so I’ll have to agree with dive when saying that the hiders will basically get carried, thus not earning the win. Let’s say a hider dies and becomes a hunter, but the hunters lose, automatically the hider would get the win, but with this system they wouldn’t get the win, which seems unfair to me. Overall, I don’t really think this should be added.

Posted Feb 26, 2020,
    Last edited Feb 28, 2020
  4. Maybe only the hiders who died and became hunter in the first minute of the game should get the win. Because sometimes I will want to play hunter and queue for it and still end up as hider, so I let the hunters kill me right away. But if the hunters get the win it doesn't count towards my stats even though I was hunter pretty much the entire game. Doing this I will also usually end up getting more kills than those who were hunter to begin the game, and in that sense it isn't really fair. So that could be a factor as well.

Posted Feb 27, 2020
  5. I kind of like the idea of getting hunter wins after dying as a hider, it would give the dead hiders a reason to hunt, but it would make winning way too easy. Maybe only give the hunters with top 3 kills a win? That'd also solve the problem of bad players getting wins just because they got the queue together with a good hunter.

It's usually a single hunter who carries the hunter team anyways.

Posted Feb 28, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  6. [QUOTE="xGetRektedx, post: 345930 so dead hiders get the win anyway[/QUOTE]
    this isn’t how it works lol

Posted Feb 28, 2020
  7. I don't really understand how this would work out. How could the game know that you were teaming with other hiders and if you were not? Also, would a dead hider get a hunter will if the player killed all the hiders in the game after dying? Or, are you suggesting that if a hider that was not teaming with anyone else would get the win as a hunter after dying as a hider? As I've understood it, a dead hider who did not team will get the hunter win anyway, and it's not really fair. The hunter should win the game because the player killed the last hider, or got the most kills in the game.

You want hiders to not team, right? Well, how can we really fix that? Like, how could Mineplex add something that could tell if someone was teaming or not? That would be very complicated, and it would be much easier if a hunter (no matter if the player was a hider at first) would get the win if the player got the most kills or killed the last hider.

So for me, this wouldn't really work out, and I don't think it's necessary either. If a group of hinders was teaming together, a group of hunters could also team together, and then it wouldn't be a problem, because the hiders would all be dead, so it would require some skill to actually not get killed.

I'll give this a -1

Posted Feb 28, 2020
  8. Greetings!

I don't really understand the point of this idea. I don't play Block Hunt much so correct me if I am wrong. But your goal is to stay alive and hide from the hunters. Once you are found you failed the overall goal. I don't really think this idea would be really good cause people could start abusing it somehow which isn't something we would really want to add to the game. I'm going to give this idea a -1. I don't think it would really be helpful.

Thread Moved > Game Alterations

- GuardianInASuit | Your Friendly Mineplex Guardian

Posted Mar 12, 2020
    xGetRektedx and FluteVegetables like this.
  9. Hello, unfortunately I don’t believe this is necessary to implement.
    Although I do understand your point of view, I think it would add an unnecessary amount of hunter wins to most people. For example, if a hider died at the beginning of the game and the hunters ended up winning, the hider would also receive a hunter win fairly easily. To me, it doesn’t feel like they deserved that win. After all, they did die at the beginning of the game.

While I can see where you are coming from, I do not believe this is necessary to implement. Thanks for taking the time to suggest an idea though!

Posted Mar 12, 2020
  10. Honestly, It is sad that the staff here are too focused on the ORIGINAL thread and criticizing WITHOUT making any improvements to the idea such as adding a GUI BLATANTLY ASKING if the player wants to be Hunter or Hider, AND if the player does not answer at all, then it defaults to hider, UNLESS they select an option saying set default team to hunter. THAT WAY 99% OF THE TIME players who ACTUALLY wanted to be hunter get on the hunter team. ALSO make it so if a player needs to get moved to hunter team, PRIORITIZE players who ACTUALLY selected hunter using the suggested GUI in pre-game. THIS WILL GUARANTEE to AT LEAST LOWER the issues of players rarely getting queued on hunter team at the start of the game. I would do it myself, but I don't have the coding experience YET to do it, so Mineplex REALLY needs to get more developers to the point of BORDERLINE (not crossing) annoying advertisement of getting developers cause it is getting RIDICULOUS. Or at least make it so there is a BETTER chance for GREAT developers to be hired.

Posted Mar 12, 2020
  11. Ok, this thread was a joke to spark up conversation, but some people are taking it a little too seriously and don't understand that I don't really care about the change made and in fact am against the idea of giving dead hiders a hunter win.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 13, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.