• 2046 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10484 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What hosting software does the Bedrock sever use that allows switch and Xbox players

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by T3chn0Crafter, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Heyo,

Kinda new to this forum so soz if I did something wrong with the formatting.

I was just wondering what software the Bedrock server uses to host because the official BDS does not allow for Xbox or Switch connections due to some sort of non-working security protocol within the BDS.

Any help is appreciated and a step in any direction would be good.

Thanks!
    T3chn0Crafter
    --- Post updated ---
    *taps microphone*
    “Is this thing on?”
    (Bumping post)

Posted Sep 11, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 9, 2019
  2. Hey,

I don't know what they are using, but BE (Bedrock) servers can connect from phones to laptops to Consoles. Usually, if you host a server it should connect from all devices that support Bedrock, because of the Better Together update.

Posted Sep 11, 2019
  3. Hey jocoe, thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately I’m referring to Dedicated Server software not the generic platform to platform because the normal game does not support connections from unfriended external IPs

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 13, 2019 at 7:34 PM
  4. Yeah, if it comes to the software they use to host Mineplex Bedrock edition, I would have no clue.

Posted Sep 13, 2019 at 8:35 PM
  5. From what ive heard some future updates will switch from bedrock to another platform to make the game run more smoothly so maybe hosting things would be easier

Posted Sep 13, 2019 at 8:40 PM
  6. I’m not quite sure what you mean, Switch to a third party host? Because switch/Xbox players are able to connect it means that Mineplex is not using the Mojang BDS for the server - either that or Mojang gave them a special distro because they are partnered maybe?

Thanks so much for the help!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 14, 2019 at 3:46 AM