• 674 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8500 Players Online
  • 7826 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What Happened to The Java Edition?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by SomeCabbage, Jun 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah I think that it is the only way

Posted Jun 9, 2021
  2. And don't just put survival on Java i dont think that would work

Posted Jun 9, 2021
  3. Maybe they could bring back Skyfall to Java. I remember being one of the few people who played it for the limited time it was out. They could also bring back the old lobby games too. Stuff like slimeball and KOTH.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 9, 2021
  4. I appreciate you addressing this as an ex staff member. There was a thread here where other staff discussed what the owners are really doing and it seems like most staff members are afraid to give an honest answer. I understand it would not be professional to talk badly about the owners, because it's their server, but the truth is that they really dont care about Mineplex as much as they should/players would like them to. It really is unfair for them to feed off of peoples' money on a dying server, especially considering many people who spend money here are literal children. Personally, I have never bought myself a rank because I don't believe it's going to a project that needs funding. I also know that Mineplex is in the process of hiring new devs, but even so, the owners are still profiting for doing pretty much nothing. I doubt it will ever happen, but I wish the owners would change ownership to someone who has the time and is willing to put more love into this server because at one point Mineplex was very enjoyable, but not anymore

Posted Jun 10, 2021
    xUmbreon likes this.
  5. It's a real shame to see that this is the current state of the server ownership. It's a shame that in most businesses, people can get blindsided by money and refuse to take the consumer's enjoyment/satisfaction into consideration. And the people that do care, don't have enough power within the business to do anything substantial.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 10, 2021
    Ducksicle likes this.
  6. What possessed me to wake up today and look at the Mineplex Forums? What made me think today's posts would be even fractionally better than the last time I checked it? We may never know.

This thread is post after post of assumptions and irrelevancies, with the exception of (most) of dualkong's post and all of Umbreon's FIRST POST, which were the closest answers I could agree with. Let me start off by saying this is the 50 millionth thread of its type, and don't worry, all of them have answers with just as poor if not worse quality.

The issue with most peoples' posts is that they aren't addressing the issue of Mineplex but the symptoms of these issues.

Here are some examples

Mineplex has only ever had one core issue, and the rest stem from it or are symptoms of it. Mineplex's issue is poor leadership, but NOT in the way people are describing it. The idea that the business owners have to be active on the Forums or in the Discord or even play Minecraft in order for the company to succeed is pure nonsense. Prime examples are franchises, where business owners often minimize or have no involvement in the store, instead hiring managers to handle the day-to-day while they deal with the business or managerial staff side of things (exactly what Mineplex does and has done for years).

Fact is, leadership doesn't mean Mineplex Leader rank OR Owner. It means a person in charge above all other paid employees responsible for managing development and delegating tasks appropriately. Mineplex lacks a centralized leadership and has forever. There is no sole authority responsible for creating and enforcing a concrete development schedule, for example. No one is sitting down and splitting up Mineplex into four quarters and deciding exactly what needs to be done each quarter, how development resources will be split and setting timelines and expectations for projects.

Even if they were, those deadlines are only enforced by someone with the power to do so, which as of now means an Owner. While I know for a fact we have an Owner who is active, knows what goes on (indirectly) day-to-day and does enforce deadlines for some stuff, they (evidently) aren't assuming the rest of that leadership role, and the cookie kind of crumbles from there-on out.

No leadership means no one is sitting down actively innovating and thinking of:
    -> New ways to promote the brand
    -> New products to launch (Immortal was thought-up by a Developer, and even then is more a store item than a game, Mineplex's main product line)
    -> Ways to increase player retention
    -> Ways to heal Mineplex's awful PR

You take all these headers and branch them off into smaller issues, and stuff makes sense.

Why is Clans Season 7 not out? No one enforced that deadline. Why is Mineplex not advertising? No one has set aside a budget for sponsorships, partnerships or advertisements. Why is player retention poor? Why is PR still bad? Again for both, no one is attempting to rectify that.

I would like to, at this point, point out that none of this is the fault of any Admin, Mod, Developer, or Leader. While I believe a business like this can function with minimal input from Owners (as I mentioned there is actually a lot of Input from owners, it's just missing in many places that count, the people who own the business are responsible for it at the end of the day. It's their choice to not improve the current state of affairs, and so while I believe I addressed the core issue for all of Mineplex's other issues, ultimately there is one final level above that and that is recognizing that the ownership could decide they want to expand the company and hire people to fill the needed leadership positions if they wanted to.

Judging by the fact they've had years to do it, I'm going to infer they aren't looking to expand. You can interpret this as "the owners don't care!!" but I interpret it as there is no incetive to do so. The effort required to drastically increase the popularity of Mineplex and profit with it is more akin to a startup than a 7+ year old company with dwindling interest and relevance in the modern Java Multiplayer-scape.

You want to blame the rules for being too strict and confusing (they are by the way, but that's irrelevant) as Mineplex's perceived downfall? That's fine. You want to blame staff for 'acting like robots' or even the reverse, that the community are entitled? Go for it. But at the end of the day these little things do not matter. With proper leadership, someone would be there to put their foot down and say "okay, in 2021 we don't need a complicated google doc on our website with intricate guidelines for both staff and community members." There would be more and better updates, resulting in a happier community (and since the staff are the community), happier staff. You might even begin to notice that people would be less obnoxious or entitled when they don't have to hold on to every last scrap of importance to make themselves feel like they matter as a customer, or that the network cares that they enjoy themselves and continue to play and come back every day.

That's about the end of my rant, I will not be replying to messages, so please don't ask me questions.

Fallen

Posted Jun 10, 2021,
    Last edited Jun 10, 2021
  7. Also if I didn't make this clear enough, the only real distinction between staff and community members is that they have punishment perms. Without joining specific teams that increase access to more important/sensitive areas of the network, you are essentially a community member with the ban hammer. They are therefore not responsible for any of this, nor are they responsible for being 'robots' if that is something you feel like they are.

I've been there and done that, and the staff team is a group of like-minded individuals that care about the network and/or hanging out on it with their friends and are a staff member because of it. They are literally all great people, even the ones I dislike, and I think you'll find the same holds true for every other clique or group in Mineplex's large community.

Goodnight

Posted Jun 10, 2021
    CookieBilly and Tanish_ like this.
  8. Wow
    I'd never thought about it that way.
    The only people above the devs in rank are the owners who don't enforce deadlines
    And the rest is kind of unclear
    Without a strong enough central government, the entire thing collapses
    A house divided on itself cannot stand
    And although this isn't divided, it has no foundation
    Couple that with the fact that 2020-2021 has been a tornado of a year
    Nothing good will happen
    At this point, we're trying to put a foundation under an already built house

Posted Jun 10, 2021
    Neens likes this.
  9. You make many good points here, which I can agree to completely. I have actually noticed the severe lack of a sort of "Chain of Command" within Mineplex's staff, which is something that a lot of leaderships that I know of have. Basically saying that their leadership has no structure. In many organizations and businesses there are systems for leadership that work like. The "Chain of command" works with having certain people responsible for certain other people and certain tasks for each level of the "chain" down to the lowest level staff, and I find that it's effective and easy to work with.

Even if you have addressed the major cause of Mineplex's problems, nothing is going to happen about it. If the owners don't care about expanding, then they will have no interest in bringing back the player count/popularity that the server used to have. If that's really the case, then there is no hope for Mineplex Java.

Though, I'm curious. If the owners did care, how do you think they would go about rebuilding the server's leadership? What do you think they would do to make the stuff you described happen?

Oh wait you're not answering questions. How selfish.

OP OP
  10. I'm sure this is going to come off as anti-Mineplex or whatever, but if everyone is so sick of the owners doing nothing of value and effectively freezing Mineplex in a state of limbo, then perhaps people, mostly the Immortals, should stop giving them so much money for continuing this behavior? Who in the right mind would pay a monthly subscription to a server that has had no visible improvement, update, or change in over a year (No, the copy-pasted Christmas update doesn't count)? What incentive would the owners have to change if they keep profiting thousands of dollars from the essentially effortless job they currently have? You're encouraging them to stay this way, and I can guarantee you that if that income suddenly dried up, the Java server would become so unprofitable that they would have no choice but to either release an update to the likes of which we have never seen, or simply give up and shut it down completely. Either scenario would be an improvement over the desperate life support the server is currently on that only delays the inevitable outcome.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
    Midoriya likes this.
  11. I think that could work, but it is more likely that it would backfire. The owners could see the lowering command and just raise the price, or just moving in since mineplez is generating them as much money before. It is a delicate situation.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  12. Yea, might not work. I have 2 options i see we can do:
    Go with the bad owners not doing anything
    Have the community make their own server, ask mojang to be featured, and replace mineplex lol
    other than that i have nothing

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  13. This is real close to how I feel about the server. Though your idea would kinda backfire if people stopped paying for immortal, since that subscription makes up most of Mineplex's income. As soon as Mineplex sees that their business isn't making money anymore, they have every incentive to shut it down.

OP OP
    Fallen likes this.
  14. Would that be so bad? I mean, everything has an expire date on it. Things end. It might be time to move on, i have not played mineplex in a few weeks now, and have found other things to play. SouthHollow.US has good disasters, as mineplex wont add lol. I made my own server, i just do my own things now. If im on bedrock, i am playing cubecraft bridges or in a survival WORLD (Not the dumb bedrock mineplex thingy) with my friends.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  15. Yeah, I know. My comment wasn't some kind of fool-proof plan to extort the owners into obedience. The point was that the way things are going clearly aren't working, and relying on empty promises that things are gonna get better soon is just wishful thinking at this point. I'd rather something happen soon and with assurance than wait around for a miracle.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
    Fallen and CatFan105 like this.
  16. I saw a new sever popping up in my server menu that said "coming soon " maybe its minepllx 2 or something

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  17. Keep in mine that this thread is about Mineplex Java. I don't know what goes on with bedrock, and to be frank, I don't care. The fate of Mineplex Java is essentially sealed, but Mineplex BE at least has a chance with it's 10k peak players. Still don't care though.

OP OP
  18. No, its a server called pixel paradise and its made my InPVP, like minevill. It was leaked that it will have 2 games: spleef and island hopping. Island hopping is skyblock, but water bases and pay to PLAY. Spleef is spleef.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  19. 10k people DO care, and if java dies and money is not brought in, the owners might shut it down or do some dumb things. So, 10k players dont care what you think, but we matter.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
    Name Tag likes this.
  20. You're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm saying that I do not care what happens with Mineplex BE. I'm saying that Mineplex BE has a much bigger chance at staying alive than Mineplex Java because of it's higher player count. In addition I never said that the player base doesn't matter, nor did I say that 10k people don't care.

OP OP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.