• 1439 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8465 Players Online
  • 7026 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What happened to mineplex?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Pumpedpixel, Jan 27, 2021.

?

do you agree with me?

1. yes

90.3%
  2. no

9.7%
  1. before you start to read this post i want you to know that I'm writing this from the point of view as a bedrock player, I'm not sure how its like on java as I've only player it a couple times. also, I'm not talking about the whole staff team in general, when ever i say staff team I'm referring to some if not most of the them. I'm aware there are some really amazing people on there who try to help out the server in every way they can, and for that i commend them. another thing to note, is that i talk about some serious issues on here. i go off on a bit of a tangent on this post however i hope you understand my frustration and this post needs to be heard and removing it will only make the issues continue. its just a shame to see the server i used to play a lot on go off in this direction. please do not reply with the general copy and paste response's like "you can report a bug here" or "if you feel that this is a issue you can contact someone here" i want to hear your actual repose to this post, with that out of the way lets begin.

Controversy's: I'm not sure if you heard or remember of the nothinbutnet controversy from last year but basically they created a discord server to talk about mineplex and everyone in that discord got banned. there was even a sr.mod on there and he dmed the owner afterwards about the incident and brought up a few points as to why he thinks the server needs to be fixed. the owner then acted like a child told him he knew nothing about the server and removed him completely from the staff team. there's loads of other examples of this but for the sake of keeping this post relatively short, ill let you do your own research.

Hacking and Lag: hackers run ramp it on this server i cant play a single game without seeing them. you would think the issue would be sorted out since its always been a problem here but nope. there's also a lot of closet hackers to. and the lag, don't even get me started on that. i get 50-70 ping on this server and i still lag like crazy, its not a connection issue its an issue with the server itself. mobile ,console and pc players alike experience so much lag on here. I'm not sure if the dev team is just generally incompetent or they never programmed a line of code in their life but the issue is getting worse day by day, its going to get to the point to where no ones going to be able to do anything.

Lack of Updates: alright so now that I've got that all out of the way, here's another issue with this server i think needs to be fixed as soon as possible. the staff team on here never listens to the community, you can see post after post on here stating this. we players, feel like you guys don't care about our options at all. how long have we been asking for a new game mode? a new cake wars update? new maps? the only game mode I see is receiving any new maps is speed builders or whatever its called. its pretty easy to make a map for that particular game mode all they do is copy and paste an old one then change up the blocks and call it a day. also in terms of player counts its pretty low when compared to something like cake wars or sky wars for example. so its beyond me as to why they even bother making a map for speed builders when there are loads of other game modes that need updating.

Post removing and corruption: now that I've talked about all the issues having to do with the server itself lets talk about the forums and the staff team. there has been numerous examples of this all throughout the forums. every time anyone try's to bring up any valid points or even remotely talks about an issue the thread gets removed or locked. for instance, there was someone on here talking about the pedophilia issue on this server and what did mineplex do about it? they removed it.. morally that's just wrong in so many ways. and its not just that, I have had friends in the past get banned for talking about the issues with mineplex. to me it looks like whenever the staff team is confronted with issues regarding this server they tend to over react and remove the post rather then confronting their issues head on or thinking logically. if they remove this post or ban me they will just prove my point. i already know someone's going to say "you can just dm the forum managers if you think your post has been wrongly removed!" trust me we have tried multiple times. it just doesn't work, its been a really big issue on here and i don't see it being fixed in the near future.

Final thoughts: so now that you have read this post i want you to think about the issues regarding this server and how we can fix them. don't be afraid to speak your mind if you feel like this server is heading in the wrong direction. you have the oppentiunty to change the world, your thoughts are always welcomed. if you need anyone to talk to I'm here. if this posts does get removed however, you can contact me via discord if you wish to further discuss the topic. my discord is Pumpedpixel#5650.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, i hope all of you have a great day
    -pumpedpixel

Posted Jan 27, 2021
  2. There’s really only one part I disagree about here, and it’s being upset about the updates. You said:

“alright so now that I've got that all out of the way, here's another issue with this server i think needs to be fixed as soon as possible. the staff team on here never listens to the community, you can see post after post on here stating this. we players, feel like you guys don't care about our options at all. how long have we been asking for a new game mode? a new cake wars update? new maps? the only game mode I see is receiving any new maps is speed builders or whatever its called. its pretty easy to make a map for that particular game mode all they do is copy and paste an old one then change up the blocks and call it a day. also in terms of player counts its pretty low when compared to something like cake wars or sky wars for example. so its beyond me as to why they even bother making a map for speed builders when there are loads of other game modes that need updating”

First off, I’m not sure what you think an update is but I wouldn’t consider a new map an “update” per se. It’s more just like an addition to the game that stayed the same. Second, the staff team has nothing to do with updates, the developers do, there’s two of them for Bedrock, gyroninja and OneThousand. Please do not blame staff for Mineplex not having updates, they can’t do anything about it.

Posted Jan 27, 2021
    Fusafez and Pumpedpixel like this.
  3. i knew some one was going to say that haha. anyways, when i say staff team i mean devs to and i said above i wasn't trying to say the whole staff team was at fault.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 27, 2021
    okDamien likes this.
  4. Well, I understand your complaints about the lag on the Bedrock edition server as much as the next guy, but let’s be honest, ever sense cross platform play was introduced, it’s been that way on every server ever sense. I don’t know if they can fix it or not, but SOMETHINGS gotta fix it. Maybe upgrading the ram?
    IDK

Posted Jan 27, 2021
    Pumpedpixel and Paladise like this.
  5. this is a situation that only people in the server knows what really happened. the situation has been completely twisted due to the youtube videos and things people commented about it, especially this one youtube video i've seen going around which changes the story so much. i'm not going to go into it since honestly all of the people who were involved are pretty much over it and net is unbanned now, there's no need to bring it up again.

i can pretty much agree with you here, i'm on windows 10 and i don't play because of the lag. the hacking issue i feel like has gotten better ever since toolbox was patched, but there's lots of ways you can report these hackers such as contacting a staff member through the MPD or mineplex.com/reports. due to the lack of bedrock staff, it is hard to get a hacker in your game banned immediately though, so there's really not a lot we can do about this as of right now.

ever since gyroninja joined the team and bedrock gi/it was formed, updates have been much faster than before. you can look at https://www.mineplex.com/forums/changelogs/ and see the threads posted by "gyroninja" and you'll see a lot of changes were made. as for new maps, those are taken from the java platform and speed builders/master builders (the games that had new maps) only had 1-2 maps so it's great that they've been able to get more maps. just because the player count is lower doesn't mean they don't deserve anything, sky wars got an update recently (not sure about cake wars but definitely bug fixes there too)

this is an issue that isn't talked about a lot so i'm glad you brought it up. mineplex forum management definitely needs a lot of work in term of what threads they delete/lock. i see fma/fms locking threads after claiming they've "addressed the concern" when the thread was created for discussion. not for locking. i understand if it's for a thread that's been repeately said, like "fix gwen" but not if its actually productive.

they also try to delete threads that address an issue in the server/staff team and instead of trying to learn from the thread and understand the OPs point of view, they try to shoot down the idea and don't like to accept criticism. when the june drama happened, all forum threads related to the topic were deleted. some threads were deleted by leaders themselves too.
    although most of these threads are deleted by moderators trying to reach their forum quotas, your point about "confronting their issues head on" only can happen to a certain degree. moderators don't have that power to change that. it's all the higher ups, the admins and leaders. and if leaders aren't willing to accept that people are angry (about whatever is happening), there is only so much a moderator can do.
    as for the dming the forum managers point, it's pretty much impossible to get them to change their mind, so please don't try lol

also scarletblood37 says hi if you remember me :)

Posted Jan 27, 2021
  6. I remember you to haha

yeah its a big issue on here, sometimes when i try to speed bridge on cw my screen will randomly freeze because of the lag and when it unfreezes it says i died to the void lol

i agree with you 100% here, ive had friends that got banned just for talking about it. mineplex should set some type of rule to prevent the staff from doing this although i doubt they will.

I've noticed it on some other bedrock servers but its not nearly as bad as the lag on mineplex.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 27, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  7. Hackers are unfortunately a part of every server, whether that be Java or Bedrock. The Bedrock staff team is much smaller compared to the Java staff team so unfortunately it can take longer for hackers to be dealt with there. You're always free to report any you see, but the reality is that Bedrock's staff team is just smaller. And as for the lag, Bedrock's been a bit laggy as of late and hopefully should be fixed soon. A server handling a large amount of players as the Bedrock server does can make it lag quite a bit.

We do care about your opinions. In fact, Community Management has been taking way more steps than before to get your voices heard. The reality is, the staff team has fairly limited control over what updates go live and what updates don't. We have some dedicated staff members and community members on teams such as Ideas, however even they don't get the final say on what goes live. That is ultimately up to the higher-ups. Please don't blame staff members for the lack of updates because, in short, there's really not much we can do about it. And making a map is definitely not that simple. I'm no builder, but I can tell you right now that making maps takes a lot more effort than it seems. Bedrock has been getting more updates recently with gyroninja's addition to the developer team. He's done quite a bit so far, so you'll need to be patient when it comes to updates. Coding isn't easy nor quick.

This is really not the case. We only lock and/or remove threads like this that are excessively negative and bash players/staff members unnecessarily. We completely are open to hearing your ideas, if they are relayed to us in a respectful, constructive manner. If you create a thread that just slanders players/staff members and calls the server corrupt, then we're going to have to lock and/or remove it. The reason that thread was removed was because it discussed an inappropriate topic not suitable for children. In those cases, if you want to suggest a rule change partaking to that topic, you're welcome to privately message a Rules Committee member. So, in short, if a thread is removed that talks about issues on Mineplex, it's because the information was relayed in a disrespectful manner. We welcome constructive conversation on the forums, and your thread will not be locked or deleted if you bring up ideas respectfully.

It's greatly appreciated that you're trying to bring these issues to light, because Mineplex does need improvements, there is no denying that. As long as it is done respectfully and constructively, there isn't a problem.

Posted Jan 27, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  8. one time my friend got banned and he was only flyhacking and kill aura and bhop. he didn’t even have auto open chest on

Posted Jan 27, 2021
  9. Fr bruh some of the staff have bad judgement . Man wasn't even cheating or nun, he was just using his superpowers #FREETHEHOMIE.
    But on a serious note I got perm muted for doxxing myself so I wouldn't be surprised

Posted Jan 27, 2021
    MaybeMulti and wwlt like this.
  10. You get muted for pretending to, or actually revealing any personal information, including your own. This is to stop you from revealing more personal information since this can get you and others hurt. If you want you can appeal

Posted Jan 27, 2021
    jis likes this.
  11. You think that's bad, I saw someone bypassing the filter numerous times and they got a punishment! Honestly might complain about that.

Posted Jan 27, 2021
    Roody and wwlt like this.
  12. lmfao same af

Posted Jan 27, 2021
  13. oh hey okDamion

Posted Jan 27, 2021
  14. the thing is that is the case, its one of the many points i brought up in my post. its not Slandering. again like I said in the post I wasn't trying to generalize the whole staff team. constructive criticism or not any thread talking about the issues on here tends to get removed or locked. if you need any proof i have screenshots of previous threads that got removed even though there's nothing wrong with them.

i was meaning that the server can go months without receiving a single update when other servers even ones that have lower player counts manage to update their server often. the only noticeable change mineplex has done in the past couple years was that they made a new lobby, did a winter event, and added a couple maps. that's about it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 27, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 27, 2021
    Dad and Fusafez like this.
  15. The best example of this that I can think of other than the June drama is that one post by @thawazp
    I don’t think it was really slandering somebody but it was just criticizing survival. Not much else to add you said most of it. Who wants to bet that more staff will respond to this thread then regular players.

Posted Jan 27, 2021
    thawazp, Fusafez and Pumpedpixel like this.
  16. Regarding the removal of a post centered around grooming, I feel like the most rational thing for a staff member to do is to take down the post and privately tell the forum user to talk to someone like the police or suicide hotline or their parents instead. This server has users that are 13 years and under, and it isn't their job or our job as a community to create public discussion over such a delicate topic. If there are any concerns over grooming or under age harassment, tell your parents or call the police. Mineplex is a relatively rational business and they will dissociate from any staff proven or well accused of such allegations.

Posted Jan 27, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 27, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  17. The lag is a very real thing, and I assume its because they lack funds for java. The coders seem lazy, but I assume it's due to them having fewer hours. I also assume those hours are going into a hail mary project.

(nice post btw, thanks for re-addressing these issues <3)

Posted Jan 27, 2021
    Pumpedpixel likes this.
  18. I have no comment here as I was not there. However it seems that the players got unbanned. There is no point of speaking about it. Drama happens absolutely everywhere and cannot be avoided. It would only be a problem if there was an unnecessary amount of this drama happening. However, this is not the case. Mineplex is a peaceful server from my experience. Once again, controversies and drama will blow up at times but it does not happen often enough for it to be considered a really big problem.

I feel like this a bit exaggerated. I definitely do not see a hacker in every one of my games, in fact nowadays I see less than I saw every day back in 2017-18. I believe the situation is getting better because there was a time where it was absolutely overwhelming.

Closet hacking, on the other hand, definitely is becoming a bigger problem than it was. One can only hope that internal improvements are being made in order to combat this, because as a player base we can't really do much except not hack ourselves and report the people we see.

As for lag, personally I have not experienced it so much (I'm EU). I was getting some really bad lag spikes earlier today but it's been pretty smooth for me for a long while. You might think it's not much of an internet issue from your side, but try using a LAN cable someday and it might work a little bit better. However it's no secret the servers have worked a bit worse since the merge of all of the different servers from the past, but I still don't think it is too much of a problem. What region are you in? Because I'd imagine some are definitely worse.

I don't believe it's really the lack of updates, but moreso the lack of transparency and communication between LT, QA, and the community. In the past, Developer updates were posted on the forums really often and it felt like voiced ideas were considered more often than nowadays (even considering the Ideas Team and whatnot). I really wouldn't say lack of updates. I feel that for the developers that Mineples has hired (a very small number, please remember), the amount of updates we are getting is satisfactory.

Game updates though, I completely understand and I think it's saddening also. A Super Smash Mobs update is so long overdue, and it really, really deserves to come out. The players have been begging for it forever and rightfully so. It was promised years ago - I really hope it comes someday soon.

Moving on, you claim that only the same couple game modes are getting maps - that is not true. Every map update, there is a good 5 or so game modes that receive new maps. Usually however they are small ones for NANO or Arcade Games so I do agree that Builders should be encouraged to make maps for games that are lacking in love like SG, MS or SSM.

Threads don't get locked for no reason at all, FMs will always leave the reason in their post. Usually the type of posts you are talking about get locked because they don't promote healthy discussion (ie complaining with no solutions) or the threads themselves have turned into a flame war. Nobody is locking the thread to block the player off from sharing their thoughts. There are forum guidelines, the FMs are keeping them. Posts are also not deleted - I have never seen so, at least. If they were deleted, however, I'm sure it would be with a good reason; complete slander on someone particular, for example. Those kinds of posts don't have place on the forum. Once again, locking/removing them is not to silence the player. But players are informed that, for example, if there is somebody on the network that is insanely toxic/disruptive/not doing their job if they are a staff member, they are free to report them, make tickets, contact higher-ups, etc.

This also counts for more serious topics - not everything has its place on Mineplex forums. There are of course rules against the offenses you listed and nobody is supporting it by locking threads. We all want to fight this issue, I can assure you, it's just that there are better ways to go about it.

As final thoughts for your thread - I commend you on your maturity and relatively relaxed approach to the thread. There are many players that go rogue on their posts resulting in them getting locked. This one is open for now and I hope it stays open for long. I want to see what others have to say to see if there is any way we as players can come up with a good solution.

Posted Jan 27, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 27, 2021
  19. I feel like much of the points here have been answered by other replies on this thread, so I wanted to avoid repeating what other users said. I wanted to let you, and other players know, that our goal isn't to silence anybody and it's actually something we greatly want to avoid. Threads will be locked/taken down for a variety of reasons you can read about www.mineplex.com/rules, and while I'm not going to explain them all, I'll explain why threads like the ones you described here are taken down or otherwise locked. Threads like these simply aren't fit for the Forums. They aren't appropriate, nor are they a positive speaking point. While much of these issues, I do believe should be addressed, much of the time you don't see that they are addressed. When I see threads like these, I always reach out to the player and explain to them in a very detailed response why their thread was taken down, how to revise the thread if they'd like to repost it (or if they can repost it), and what to do in situations like this. I also ask what they think a good solution would be over Messages, and then contact higher-ups or bring this up with the staff team. I also wanted to add that, at any time, if you have concerns about why your thread was taken down, and who you can contact instead, feel free to DM any of us. I know you said that most of the time this does "nothing", but much of the time this simply isn't true. We may not undelete your thread (unless it was falsely deleted), however, we will still help you in every way we can to get your point across to the people who need to see it.

Posted Jan 27, 2021
    20LeeBrian1, Carrut and Fusafez like this.
  20. tbh I agree with the corruption with the staff. I feel like the people who goes threw the staff application would make it harder to get accepted. my reason i got banned like last wed on my account fl3ct for killaura i appealed it for zero evidence it got pending and im still waiting. lol and i was in the call with the staff who banned me he said " Your So STUPID IM DONE! " and left. To be fair i was a bit toxic to him for him banning me

Posted Jan 27, 2021
    hyperthink and Andmes like this.