• 1065 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9815 Players Online
  • 8750 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

What Happened To Dragons? & feedback

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by Jet Starglaze, Jan 28, 2021.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes!

2. No (comment why)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hey!

Going straight into it, what happened to dragons. Before the update which changed dragons (I think it was the classics games update?)

The update changed this with dragons:

• Changed max player count to 16
    • Removed durability from armor
    • Disabled inventory interactions
    • Clarified gem reward for being alive when a new dragon spawns
    • Added back fall damage after using leap

Two of which kinda ruined the game for me:

I used to play a lot of dragons before the update, and i had a lot of fun too, and i managed to win most of the games. Recently when i came back to dragons, it was nothing like before, for me it was ruined.

let me explain why i have a problem with those particular changes.

First,

This means that even if half the map is gone and we're down to the last layer of stone, there will still be like 11 players left. The dragons target the place where most people are, and since theres no where to run to, the place with the most people gets obliterated first.

I say reduce the player count.(12/10??)

Next we have the fall damage after using leap. This is what i mostly die to now, after the update. The fall damage is insane, like a small jump can wipe out half your health, then when you leap to escape the dragons, you die of fall damage.

I say reduce, or even get rid of the fall damage.

Posted Jan 28, 2021
  2. i like 16 players
    harder to win tbh
    also fall damage with leap which is from a kit is stupid and will probably make ppl not want to use leap lolz

Posted Jan 28, 2021
  3. I changed my mind and I'm neutral on this/I disagree. The fall damage makes Coward not overpowered, and Dragons is still fun. You shouldn't be able to save yourself from dying and take no damage with a leap.

More players leads to better and more fun rounds. Additionally, the player count rarely fills up to 16. Before, the max player count was 14.

Posted Jan 28, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 28, 2021
  4. I actually like Dragons in its current state. 16 players leads to more chaos which I find fun. Its better than the game being boring. Plus I dont think the majority of players last until there isnt that much left to stand on. I like the fall damage part of the game. It gives u another thing to be aware of. If the goal of the game was only stay on the island then I might as well go play spleef or something. Having to stay on the island and also be aware of ur health makes u think about what ur doing. After playing around 500 games of Dragons on java and really liking it I dont see why fall damage should just not exist. Just be smart with ur leaps as they reduce fall damage if used the right way. U also cant win every game as sometimes ur just unlucky so dont always expect to win or even get top 3. Obviously there are things I would like to see changed in the game but the main 2 points u have here arent ones Id change

Posted Jan 28, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 28, 2021
  5. Maybe if no damage is not good, reduced damage is a good compromise.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 28, 2021
    Kight likes this.
  6. In Dragons there's only two kinds of damage you're taking: void damage and fall damage. Fall damage is the more important one here. I'm still against reduced damage because assume there's reduced damage. The dragon launches you high up into the air and you can leap "down", meaning that your fall damage is reduced because the place you start is lower AND you get the fall damage reduction that comes with the kit.

You'll probably suggest about 50% reduced fall damage. But then you won't really be at risk. What I mean is if you've just survived a fall really well because of the 50%, but then you take another fall right after, you will almost never be at risk of dying(this goes even more for taking fall damage from leaping). You will finish with probably 6 hearts if it's really bad falls, and 8 hearts or something in a normal situation. Anything under 50% will be in the situation of "it doesn't really matter", and you might as well of not had it.

Posted Jan 28, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 28, 2021
  7. well before the update, to my knowledge nobody complained that they wanted fall damage to leap. Before the update was the lack of fall damage in leap game breaking? no. we need some kind of reduction in fall damage. if 50% is too much, a 30% reduction in fall damage, even without the leap, even as marksman a simple jump a few blocks takes out a lot of your health.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 28, 2021
    Kight likes this.
  8. Well not exactly game breaking, but Coward is good to the point that most people that have access to Marksman use Coward because it's simply better. 30% reduction is good I guess.

Posted Jan 28, 2021
  9. It died becuz Java players can’t float on it anymore

Posted Jan 28, 2021
    Nyq and ForevrrFury like this.
  10. I have found an interesting bug from the fall damage though. Because there is fall damage i am trying to escape more and get to a better spot. On the map 'beans' i found you can leap to the dragon island. The only reason i found this is i tried to escape a dragon and leaped and the leap sent me the wrong way. After trying to recreate this i made it once more and i was kicked for flying but still its interesting.

Posted Feb 10, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  11. Hello!
    I agree with both of these. Such a high player count can make the islands crowded, especially near the end of the game, therefore making it harder to find a place to stand without being killed. I also think that fall damage should be heavily reduced when using a leap. I find myself using the leap to recover when I'm knocked high in the air and away from the land, so I have to leap mid-air to land on the ground again. But with the fall damage, I can't survive that. Navigating to lower areas with the leap is also dangerous and difficult to survive.

Overall, I agree these are annoying issues, and if we get another Dragons update I'd like to see something done about these. +1

Posted Feb 10, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and CloudyDay1234 like this.
  12. I don't have a oppoinon cuz i joined and it was like this when I joined the server.

Posted Feb 22, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  13. exactly my thinking, dragons is so luck based now. late game, because there's so many players, you get up on a 3x2 rock and same with the other guy. it's just luck who falls into the void first. I was no joke trying to go for leaderboard for dragons bcs it was so fun then this update happened. It really took the fun away for me.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 22, 2021
    Kight and CloudXYZ15 like this.
  14. I tried to give dragons another chance, and i came back to the same conclusion. I really loved dragons, but the 16 players thing makes it so that there litteraly nothing to leap to; there litteraly no island left. Its just LUCK who falls into the void first. I died shortly after, but i saw that it was who fell into the void the last got the first place. like, it was 3 blocks of differace of 1st and 2nd. there were no blocks left, for the last 4 players.

[​IMG]

6 players all trying to survive on that? you might think "thats huge!" but when your're flung up into the air, its hard to leap/travel to a certain spot. You're normaly flung sidways too, and that makes it even harder. And if you dont want to die of fall damage, you wanna leap now and get to a safe spot but risk dying of fall damage? Or you wanna try and get above a 1x1 block and then leap straight up to negate fall damage? Either option is very hard in a situation like this. This happens nearly every time i play dragons.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 26, 2021
    Ryan9116 and Kight like this.
  15. LOL!?!? what floating?

Posted Feb 26, 2021
  16. probably because a good chunk of all level 100's on Bedrock's server just floated all of the wins/exp...? including multiple staff lmfao

Posted Feb 27, 2021
    FluteVegetables and StyxKiller03 like this.
  17. @ForevrrFury and his level 100 stats show that 38 out of 70 level 100's main experience source was from dragons/dragon escape. there is 4 level 100 alts that also afked this making 42 level 100s main experience source dragons/dragon escape. pretty sad if you ask me but meh

Posted Feb 27, 2021
  18. All we need now is for a way in which Bedrock players can stay boost on Java :D

Posted Feb 27, 2021
  19. ForevrrFury is a afker in dragons... Well is one of the level 100's that afk dragons.

Posted Feb 27, 2021
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  20. [​IMG]

Posted Feb 27, 2021